Grim Dawn Version 1.1.8.0

How about two pistols intended for a caster? Crate loves that shit, are you kidding me. Wildblood is a caster’s set thru and thru and a very very powerful one at that (well used to be, not sure about now).

Nah, weapon damage bonus to Vines was cut so global flat is going to be less useful now.

TIL a 3pc set with mostly-generic bonuses to a mostly-generic RR debuff skill = caster set.

2 Likes

Couldn’t Wildblood builds previously solo Celestials with barely any effort? It would take a seriously harsh nerf to push something at that level to mediocre.

2 Likes

Awesome patch, thank you for all the hard work!

Even including PvP balancing :star_struck: #basedcrate

4 Likes

Nice patch, now I have to update my Skill fx changes through items thread.

The Demon Fire/High Potency/Ulzuin’s Wrath damage reduction change feels great; it frees characters from needing a 5 sec cooldown skill for damage reduction. A great boon for Elementalist auto-attackers with low CDR, for example.

So we are just going to pretend that Vines bonus does not exist there and forget that Wildblood Vines builds used to be one of the strongest builds in the game both for Vitality and for Bleed (and even for Vitality/Bleeding hybrid)?

No, but you seem to be forgetting that items have more than one use.

2 Likes

I really couldn’t care less if someone has used it for some “fun melee build” to farm Bastion of Chaos. That set used to be a caster’s powerhouse.

Same with Barrellsmith set, it’s supposed to have two uses (even has two types of bonuses) but there is not a single good build where those pistols are used to shoot stuff.

1 Like

Avenger Warder with Menhir’s Bulwark and all the soldier buffs is now horrifically tanky. It has such good synergy with the set that it’s crazy.

Man, I’m loving the new areas and the extra bits of lore. Excellent work from Crate as always!

Also props for the changes to disingage runes. They now feel way less awkward to use.

3 Likes

This new skeletal boss are could spawn paired with Mosy, and this is are not really cool encounter at all

2 Likes

Interesting patch, thanks for that!

From balancing point of view very important part is the decrease of monster resistances across the board and reduce -RR sources. That will help class combos with only one -RR skill available. And I think that was a conclusion from class balancing thread, classes like that especially containing Soldier were from the weaker side, so well done.

Also patch contains few nerfes and many buffs. But nerfs are warranted and some of the weaker skills/devotions got buffed. Ofc nerfs can change your favorite build, so you can’t be always 100% happy. :smile:

Item changes worth exploring. Fire Nightblade should be possible for creating, both uber pseudo pet Dervish or Sabo. And Chillhearts can give N&O a serious competition.

Which is the hot commodity in this patch? I’d say EoR/Yugol relic builds. Spinning=winning.

6 Likes

Nice, a new patch that doesn’t invoke mixed feelings because for the first time none of mh builds got hit with the nerf bat. Probably because they have been irrelevant for a while sobs

On a serious note though, finally a meaningful change to horn of gandarr. Been one of the most useless skills in the inquisitors’ arsenal that i had trouble trying to utilize properly.

Pet Retaliation:

I’m honestly shocked that the MI’s that gave giant bonuses to Briarthorn weren’t heavily reduced in exchange for buffing the base skill. If a skill needs a “total damage modified by 65%” as well as an additional 50% Crit damage modifier (Zaria’s Pendant, Bloodsworn Codex, & Scorpius Pummeler) to obtain similar Crucible results as other skills, Summon Briarthorn needs bigger buffs.

It doesn’t look like Hellhound really got anything as well - the damage reduction is cool, but I’m still going to use skills like DEE, Horn of Gandarr, and Ill Omen / Decay for damage reduction because I need to make sure the Damage Reduction comes when I need it, and not when the AI decides to use it. I’ll see if the changes translate to anything, but at a first glance, I’m not optimistic that any new builds outside the standard Beastcaller’s or Ghol’s builds are going to come through.

2 Likes

Loving this content update. Thanks Crate, for the incredible work you’ve done.

Question: I just found the Totally Normal Arbiter. It’s a mace. But it has the graphic of a shield and equips as a shield. Is that intentional, or an error?

Intentional. You will find many such “shields” scattered around the game.

@Zantai @mad_lee

skidaddle-skidoodle-vour-dick-is-now-a-noodle-29645938

6 Likes

Check out this Dawnshard ‘set’ https://www.grimtools.com/db/search?query=dawnshard&in_description=1&exact_match=0
You’re wielding two identical crystal yellow shields and other similar armor pieces.

jeffny01: It’s not possible (to wield a shield in your main hand)!
:zantai:: No, it’s necessary (for a total Dawnshard swag).

@adoomgod 50% scale please next time since it’s just a one click while making a post. It’s blinding :wink:

Patch awesome as always.

Thank you for a very nice update crate, I’m just a beginner, but I really appreciate all the changes