Grim Dawn Version 1.1.8.1 Hotfix 1

V1.1.8.1 Hotfix 1

[Crucible]

• Increased % Health bonus for pets granted by Empyrion’s Guidance to 120%
  • Increased % Damage Modified bonus for pets granted by Might of Amatok to 16%
  • Increased % Offensive and % Defensive Ability bonuses for pets granted by Ulzuin’s Pact to 4%

[Animation]

• Fixed an issue where the Leap attack animation could not be interrupted as early as other weapon combinations when dual wielding melee weapons.

[Tech]

• Fixed an issue where the game would freeze when getting frozen (heh…) by enemies with the character sheet open.

[Game]

• Fixed an issue where Monster Totems could generate loot of higher level than the monsters it spawned.

[Itemization]

• Fixed an issue where Common and Rare helms could drop without a prefix below level 70, for real this time.
  • Fixed an issue where Enchanted Shoulders could not be crafted on characters below level 3
  • Component - Silvercore Bolts: added 100% Increased Armor Piercing
  • Faction - Bloodborer: increased % Armor Piercing to 100%, damage adjusted accordingly
  • Faction - Wrathguard: added 8% Physical Resist
  • Monster Infrequent - Sunherald’s Claymore: increased Fire damage modifier for Blast Shield to 120 and added 44 Fire damage modifier for Menhir’s Bulwark. Reduced Cooldown on the skill proc on higher level versions.
  • Rare Affix - Frostborn: increased Cooldown on the skill proc
  • Epic - Mythical version of the Carnage set has been added to the Forgotten Gods loot pool

Legendary Items

• Death’s Reach: replaced bonus to Devouring Swarm with +2 to Shaman Skills
  • Ludrigan’s Sidearm: added 1-22 Lightning damage
  • Mythical Circlet of the Great Serpent: removed Cooldown Reduction modifier for Summon Blight Fiend and increased its Acid damage modifier to 45
  • Mythical Death’s Reach: replaced bonus to Devouring Swarm with +2 to Shaman Skills. Increased Duration modifiers for Bloody Pox and Devouring Swarm to +6s.
  • Mythical Dreadscorcher: increased % Weapon damage modifier for Fire Strike to 33%
  • Mythical Empyrion’s Mercy: added 4-32 lightning damage modifier for Eye of Reckoning
  • Mythical Essence of the Grim Dawn: reverted Chaos damage modifier change for Albrecht’s Aether Ray from v1.1.8.0
  • Mythical Evoker of Elgoloth: increased % Weapon damage modifier for Savagery to 33% and increased bonus to Storm Spread to +3
  • Mythical Gildor’s Pulverizer: increased Pierce damage modifier for Grenado to 450
  • Mythical Hagarradian Enforcer: increased % Attack Speed to 20% and reduced Cooldown on the skill proc to 0.5s
  • Mythical Oathbearer: increased Pierce damage to 25
  • Mythical Rotdrinker Crest: added -4s Cooldown modifier for Summon Blight Fiend
  • Phasebreaker: increased Elemental damage to 17
  • Rotgheist Set: increased % Health to 14% and % Vitality Decay Duration to 150%. Added 10% Attack damage Converted to Health modifier for Primal Strike from the Mask.
  • Rotgheist Chestguard: moved Vitality damage to the Emblem, replaced Health with 3% Defensive Ability
  • Rotgheist Emblem: replaced Vitality Decay Duration with Vitality damage from the Chestguard
  • Rotgheist Mask: moved % Attack damage Converted to Health modifier for Primal Strike to the set bonus
  • Rotgheist Shoulderguard: replaced Health with 24% Stun Resist
  • The Cyclone Set: reduced Lightning damage modifier for Eye of Reckoning to 1-80
  • Cyclone Mask: increased Lightning damage modifier for Eye of Reckoning to 1-72 and increased its Fire damage modifier to 16
  • The Spellscourge Set: replaced % Weapon damage modifier for Devastation with 60 Physical damage and 3% Attack damage converted to Health modifiers

[Class & Skills]
Soldier

• Zolhan’s Technique: increased Attack Arc to 180 and Animation Speed by 18% when used with melee weapons. Number of Targets now scales with rank to 5 by rank 12, 7 by max ultimate rank. Increased Internal Trauma scaling with rank and increased its duration to 5s, but reduced its base damage. Now strikes with both weapons when dual wielding melee weapons.

Occultist

• Summon Hellhound: increased damage scaling with rank, particularly at ultimate ranks
  • Hellfire: added Fire damage

Arcanist

• Tainted Power: reverted % Damage Modifier change from v1.1.8.0

Necromancer

• Soul Harvest: increased Vitality damage for pets scaling at ultimate ranks
  • Will of the Crypt: increased Vitality damage scaling with rank at ranks 9+
30 Likes

Make Zolhan great again?

1 Like

Pew pew pew testing this weekend I see!

There’s one birb that will appreciate some pet buffs

2 Likes

Zantastic!

5 Likes

this is a very interesting change. though set still needs some QoL buffs like extra skill points, pjys res etc, this tweak is really welcomed.

My Avenger Warder is pleased.

May I ask why removed it ?
Im plan to use Ghol set for HC sr100 ~ 110

@thepowerofmediocrity
@Maya

Edit: so My new plan is Lost souls set with Rotdrinker 3 BF 2 Hellhound Vitality Pet

2 Likes

Cool, free Stun Resist. Gonna test my Vit PS later.

More dual wield options? Yes please.

1 Like

Zolhan changes are extremely appreciated, now ZT a solid choice for many dualwield soldier build

Another long anticipated changes

My paladin are now happy

Overall it’s a one of the best hotfix i ever seen
No #dead_build, but only changes for the better

5 Likes

22 posts were split to a new topic: Maya Pet Balance Thread

Again no improvements to Cold PRM (Faraths Cube) and Slatsharrs Crest :sleepy:

Why ? Avengers Warlord had only 1 advantage vs Warder - duration IT ( but even with him it was worse)

+1 for skill points proposal

I very much agree with this statement!
So much good stuff in this hotfix, well done Crate!

3 Likes

No reverts on Wildblood :frowning_face:

9 Likes

Appreciate the patch.

Rotgheist changes are there to help Primal Strike?

Also, does anyone have any insight on the lightning EoR changes? And the overlap on Empyrion’s Mercy and Kymon’s Blade.

• Mythical Circlet of the Great Serpent: removed Cooldown Reduction modifier for Summon Blight Fiend and increased its Acid damage modifier to 45

Does not make any sense, why need to remove the only identity of this circle?
Rot drinker does not coexist with Ghol’s set, what you need to do is to buff this gear, instead of nerf.
This reduces the variety of builds.

Please revert back or move reduce recharge property to Ghol’s set, seriously.

8 Likes

Variety isn’t great of a point in this specific case because normal BF and unstable anomaly using virtually the same gear is a variety problem in itself.

I understand that if non-Ghol BF didn’t work out well before then it’s unreasonable to think it would now. But rolling everything back isn’t the only way.

1 Like

This change definitely made me sad. My Liliana Vess meme build relied on that helm. But please dont take this the wrong way Crate, I love the game and all the work you put into it. Classic title and one of my favorite games of all time, because of items like the Mythical Circlet of the Great Serpent.

This was one of your coolest items/item modifiers, particularly because its not a set item and therefore can be used thematically, outside of the box (build depth and creative freedoms being one of the best strengths in Grim Dawn).

Its possible maybe there is another, non-set item that has equal CDR for the BF/Unstable Anomalies, maybe I just dont know about it. Is there something I am missing?