Grim Dawn Version 1.1.9.0

yeah, totally. I’ve already done some playing with it and it’s MUCH slower but it’s still mostly tanky across the board. But still when I read the notes seeing 'reduced retal damage over and over again" was pretty damn funny, give the two characters I’ve been playing most were Primal Spirit pets and Physical Retal. And talking a bit out my ass, I haven’t gotten all the pieces for it yet so I haven’t been pushing any major content.

In other words, as I said above, I don’t have a problem with any of it. I never do with updates. Not trying to be chicken little.

I’m not convinced about the changes on The Obelisk of Menhir.
Now, to get the top node “30% Reduced… 18% Armor Absorption…”, you have to go through 2 nodes that are useless if you don’t have a shield or play retaliation.
That + the new (not positive) changes on Scales of Ulcama, it reduces the usefulness to go that way if you don’t even carry a shield.
It was already hard to get the 8 yellow affinities before (yellow devotions don’t give much). Scales give only 2, dryad only 3…

Could you swap the “30% Reduced…18%…” with the new retal node?

Isn’t it quite possible that this is actually intended?

Frankly, i don’t know what’s intended or not.
The successive patches seem to encourage and empower the exotic and unusual builds… But maybe it’s considered silly to go the yellow path if you don’t have a shield.

All i know is that it messed several of my characters.

1 Like

it’s so maya doesn’t buttplug it into every build of hers

2 Likes

Hm… hm… I thought the patch was about making pets less reliant on sets. not nerfing sets to the ground…

Were the base pet skills buffed somehow and it didn’t make it to the patch notes?

Because if not, this is the last season of game of thrones for me…

4 Likes

I think it is mentioned here:

Unfortunately without numbers, there is no way of knowing by how much.

Does it compensate for the nerf to Items?

Grimtools has not been updated.

This for eg is pretty clear:

• Blight Burst: increased base % Pet Attack damage to 14% and increased its value at max ultimate rank to 50%

But what about say Lightning Strike? how much is the difference atm?

1 Like

Take a naked char, GD stash it to level 100, open game, see what is written on the skills. I can do that for you if you are interested and impatient waiting for GT update.

Still seems to me that you are evaluating pet builds based on patch notes and not how they play in game.

I would appreciate it. I am on GoG and use offline installer and their patches have always been iffy since they are adamant on making their own patches and those rarely work, resulting in need of a full reinstall or updating through galaxy.

I doubt I update the game until I get confirmation that the build I’m spending ALL MY FREE TIME making is still as good and still as fun.

I only play pet builds and have been spending my time making a double brairthorn build just to see the set get nerfed. Not cool

I unfortunately may have to shift in a different approach or play a different game.

3 Likes

Kekw imagine how much time i have wasted in the past making and farming for builds that today are dead as stones :smiley:

Seriously. How hard is it to open game and play and see for yourself?

1 Like

@RektbyProtoss not even 4h?

3 Likes

All naked, no devo, with maxed skill. Auras and skele variants not included, because fuck them.

Almost universal, otherwise mentioned separately: +180% dmg, +33% crit dmg, +90% health

Raven core: 181 hp, 11% basic attack dmg, 126-147 lightning dmg, 334 electrocute over 2 s
Raven lightning: 105% basic attack dmg, 1000-1714 lightning, 2376 electrocute over 3s, +33% crit dmg

Dog core: 259 hp, 84-92 phys dmg, 110 fire dmg
Dog suicide: 125% basic attack dmg, 405 phys, 388 fire, 215 chaos
Dog claw:148% attack dmg, 448-532 fire, 454 chaos
Dog breath: 148% attack dmg, 554-792 fire,490 chaos, 1302 burn over 2

Briar core: 2377 hp, 162-209 phys, 369 bleed over 3, 445 phys retal
Briar slam: 100% basic, 829-1338 phys, 1731 bleed over 3

Primal spirit non-universal: +165% dmg, +33% crit dmg, +90% health,
Spirit core: 3065 HP, 308-328 phys, 252 bleed over 3, lives for 20s
Spirit tail:100% basic, 308-328 pierce, 1136 poison over 8

Blight core: 2181 hp, 202-286 phys, 705 posion over 5
Blight suicide: 230 acid, 1140 poison
Blight burst: 36% basic, 300-394 acid, 168 vit, 625 poosion over 5

Reap spirit core: 788 hp, 224 cold, 172-260 vit, lives for 18s

Skeles non-universal: +180% dmg, +105% health
Skeles core: 492 health, 60-76 phys, 20 vit

2 Likes

Fire AAR was actually buffed (+crit damage on Hexflame, + flat fire damage on Mark of Ulzuin). Interesting.

1 Like

Max rank (26) health/damage bonus for Raven, Briarthorn, Hellhound:
All Damage: 365% (vs %165 before) Health: 150% (vs 125% before)
-The last jump for damage is big at +41, the rank before that it only jumps 21.

Max rank (22) Conjure Primal Spirit:
All Damage: 340% (vs 185% before) Health: 170% (vs 150% before)
-Last jump for damage here is 317 to 340.

3 Likes

Kinda anecdotal but since I’m currently levelling a Pet Oppressor: my lvl 26 Blight Fiend has gained around 200 % additional pet damage on the pet itself and lvl 19 Reap Spirit has gained over 100 %. The flat damage seems to have jumped by quite a bit, though obviously we don’t have an easy way to tally the damage losses on the set without Grimtools yet. What I find more concerning are the offensive ability/crit damage losses on some of the sets.

1 Like

Is it just me or can you indeed zoom out much more on the devotion map now? It´s great!

Anyone else having FPS drops after the patch? I was getting crashes in mourndale, crowded SR rooms or Crucible time to time back then but the general stream was smooth with low settings. Now it got glitchy(don’t know the exact word, instant stops, fps drops, inconsistencies etc) in everywhere; even in MC while you just walking etc, not in combat againts 20 monsters.

It’s just new Grim Internals

2 Likes