Grim Dawn Version 1.1.9.1

Time to try spam Stun Jacks I guess.

Maybe…

1 Like

Thanks for listening, Crate! <3

3 Likes

I hate being happy. This patch makes me very happy, so naturally I am very upset.

3 Likes

Gonna copy and paste from elsewhere what I wrote here:

Honestly, i don’t think they ever intended for Retaliation to compete damage-wise with non-Retaliation builds and the nerfs are steadily showing of that, because why play non-Retal builds when generally speaking Retal can do what they can just as quickly but far safer due to the natural defense it gets, this sort of conundrum goes back to vanilla with Physical S&B Markovian Witchblade/Commando getting damage nerfs for the same reason.

Retaliation added to attack got introduced to make the playstyle less hollow and more viable but has been way too strong for what it’s supposed to do since release.

12 Likes

What’s up with that resistance change on Spellscourge Bulwark? That’s just strange. Wont be too hard to fix but still. I like most of the other changes. Certainly excited for Lightning Mortars

YAY!!! Although I’ve now gotta get in and test this.

:flushed::heart_eyes:

Okay, that might sting a bit. I’m doing this build in the season, I’ll report back. :smiley:

Never mind. I should read all of the notes before I shoot my mouth off. :smiley:

1 Like

guess wt, 1.8 version my retaliation warlord still have 160K physical modifier. 1.9.0 I have 144K. Now, its 115K, with low Retaliation Damage added to Attack. I dont know what to play.

1 Like

Your exact Retaliation Warlord should also be capable of doing everything in the game comfortably if it’s put together correctly. Might not be the fastest but you can rest safe knowing it should never die.

Want something faster? Try another build but understand you’re trading some of that defense out for damage. In Crate’s eyes, you can’t be top tier at killing things and die less often than every other archetype in the game.

Want to ignore their vision and have it anyway? The modding tools are freely available, feel free to give yourself that Retaliation damage back if you so wish.

5 Likes

Damn, no buffs to AAR ;-;

At least there’s not more nerfs though. For once.

2 Likes

In fact, Retaliation Warlord wont impcat me build something new. I’m not crate, I am player. What I see is “oh, retaliation warlord is imba, reduce it to make other builds looks strong.” It does not make sense. I have one strong build and i can have tons of builds, and retaliation have reduced from 1.4 until now, never reinforce. Its arpg, but not moba like dota and league od legend. We dont need to compared with others.

One more point is, I am no a rule breaker. I like play games under rule, but not modding tools.

By the way, press ` will enter into a strange interface, it like control console. Is this a bug?

2 Likes

maybe now it won’t steal your damage
who knows? need more testing

Words cannot express how happy this change makes me. Thank you Zantai!

1 Like

That doesn’t excuse having unbalanced stuff. Sure, perfect balance is impossible, but the devs should strive to reach a nice balance where each build archetype has their pros and cons, and not have some have basically every advantage over others.

Retal to attack builds have the advantage of very high damage while being super tanky, how is that fair to other archetypes?

1 Like

Maybe possible to do some hybrid Hellhound pet now? Tbc. Or maybe it just fills out the hellhound better for pet builds.

In any case, good to see some more hellhound bonuses to overcap them.

1 Like

This will probably help slightly tone down the crazy fantasy pierce firestrike setup, but it was already the king of FS weapons for basically any elemental damage type. Not that I want to complain about a ranged AND elemental damage build buff but other than maybe high end dagallon and vortex of souls, it already runs circles around other guns.

i dont really see the point in nerfing retal into the ground when the game is just going into life support mode. just seems kinda silly to me. its not exactly everyone’s cup of tea, so im not seeing it being abused or anything…

6 Likes

Not excue, but fact. Now is extremely unfair to retaliation. Reduce from 1.4 until now 1.9.1. For balance, retaliation cant conter ground dmg, thats why the panel dmg looks very high, and gd have tons of maga boss, like anasteria.

And why not talk about blademaster, balance? Enhance again and again, is this a weak build?

2 Likes

Yeah, no. Crate doesn’t go around balancing builds with this kind of thinking/mindset - because that would be a ridiculous outlook.

Yes. That would be a bug or oversight of some kind. I’m sure that now that they are aware of it they will fix however that happened.

1 Like

lmao right? i tested MLs actual elessar BM build. its absurdly good

I’m fine with the retal nerfs and I like the element-specific % retaliation damage, but I think retal DoTs are getting inadvertently affected. For example, the trauma on Citadel won’t get boosted by Stoneguard anymore, and Mythical Divinesteel Shoulderguard’s % lightning doesn’t help the electrocute.

2 Likes