Grim Dawn Version 1.1.9.1

You can not convert damage twice

So there isnt anything I can do to stop or counter the effect ?

You can play aether Death Knight :wink:

lol :smiley: thank you for the reply though ^^

Can you change sword and crown of Winter King from being useless melee/summon hybrid to a normal equipment for tricksters who want run as two-handed melee but not as dual wield Korrba? Will be really good thing.

And do something with RNG for loot - I crafted more then hundred legendary amulets in one run and didn’t get any single mystical Essence of GD, and not a single one from the start of the game. Same for the Myst Mindwrap in the same run - crafted dozens of weapons through celestial smith and only a common crap.

:thinking: both the Crown and the Sword are great (at least for non-pet, pet I don’t know) and produce a lot of good builds
What changes would you like?

some sample builds

WKMs:

1 Like

I don’t see people talking about this change

I don’t understand this change. A medal that enables dual wielding guns for a FIRE build, why should be converted to lightning? I try to think this but i can’t come to reason.

What’s the idea? No putting points into Vindicitve? Fire builds wants to put points in this skills, it gives total speed and flat damage
Do they want no to use the medal? And what other options could we get which enable us dual wielding guns? Relic Plunderer’s Talisman? Yeah, right…

I don’t see it hurting Fire guns really (but maybe I’m blind).
It’s just some Vindictive Flame damage which is whatever unless you making VF build…
You don’t get flat weapon damage from it.

2 Likes

For retaliation players - these nerfs looks very hard on the paper but in practice it’s only few % damage lose (for Stoneguard at least). I did some tests, even single rares build is able to kill Ravager around 1 minute and is still fast and unkillable farmer.
No reason to be angry :wink:

9 Likes

The conversion that you are talking about only affects the “Damage on Hit” portion of the spell. It does not actually convert your Physical + Fire gun damage to Lightning.

It’s confusing since Vindictive Flame is both a buff and a spell, but I’m positive it only affects the spell portion. You don’t actually get flat damage buff from using the skill.

1 Like

Korvaak’s brand also allows dual wielding if you don’t like the conversion on pyroclasm mark, but fire gunner builds won’t particularly care about the conversion anyways. The conversion only affects the damage dealt by VF itself, and I don’t think any fire gunner builds care about VF damage

1 Like

Is this not April 1st?

Neither GOG nor Steam seem to have the update. Is this a joke?

image I play steam and I seem to have it.

GoG always delays their updates to game, people have already asked (as they do in every single freaking patch thread LOL)

But steam?

I play steam and have it. Try to go to library, right click on grim dawn, properties, updates, and take it from there.

I have it in both. Reboot your system. As for GOG, if you aren’t using Galaxy then, no, you may not get it there until a little longer.

1 Like

Rebooting, then flipping Valve gets my money.

1 Like

GOG is also already there - even the non Galaxy downloader (a bit of a surprise as it is Easter)

2 Likes

Nope, both Steam and GOG have updated for me. Are you using Galaxy for GOG? If not the manual installers may take a while longer.

manual installer is also there - Easter surprise from the GOG team