Grim Dawn Version 1.1.9.1

Oh I thought you meant that voidrend gauntles got its conversion removed. Then I am still happy :slight_smile:

My 2H cold Blade arc blademaster got nothing buff from this patch at all , kinda sad but I got nothing to lose too :rofl:

But who cares? You can make way more powerful builds in stash. It doesnā€™t affect game balance at all. If stash is a problem, do something about stash or cheating in general. No reason to nerf a build that is only really good at its upper limits because people can theoretically make it. That argument is asinine. Balancing a game around its potential cheaters is pants-on-head. Itā€™s just such a narrow-minded view to use that excuse, dude. The whole player base isnā€™t stashing.

3 Likes

Yes but flat for smite is quite big as I think is counted twice if you are using shield ( correct me if Iā€™m wrong here) and it is hard to get 100% phys to chaos as I was using menhir devo not abomination.

1 Like

Grim Tools has been updated:
Version 1.1.9.1: Changes

13 Likes

Agree, I am kinda sick of seeing builds and build types getting nerfed to the grave because of obvious GD stashers like Ya1 and AlkamosHater (SS morgo build and retal builds)

3 Likes

a slight but nice buff.

well, thatā€™s what actually was needed, right ā€¦

nice, though I wanna point that LD still got nothing to compensate 1 projectile and 27% RR loss and any other buffs. (compare https://www.grimtools.com/calc/xZy0yprV and https://www.grimtools.com/calc/d2jop1vV)

nice again.

finally

absolutely not what the set needed. so, itā€™s garbage-tier still.

again, not what was actually needed. bleed resist is highly overcapped and is not an issue.

5 Likes

I know. Donā€™t you love these sorts of reactions? One item gets changed and RAGGGGEED QUITTTTT BYEBYE GD MY LOVELY.

I mean it isnā€™t like GD has about a billion builds but, hey, if your soul just got crushed I guess you should go get some ā€˜meā€™ time.

OT: Some of these changes are actually really friggin cool. I mean no more cooldown on Uroboruuk! Harraā€™s and Stun Jacks!!! Azrakaaā€™s (Can Corn make a comeback?) (can you tell Iā€™m an Inquisitor fan?)

Regardless, thereā€™s more playtime!

3 Likes

Yes, Smite strikes with weapon AND shield. Also, you donā€™t need global phys -> chaos since RF had 100% phys -> chaos.

Hm, my chaos RF Sentinel lost acid -> chaos and +2 to Possession and got Smite support, a bit of OA and higher armor ratingā€¦ Resists are also got swapped aroundā€¦ need to test that.

Otherwise a pretty good patch. I thought it will come out later in April, lol.

2 Likes

what Xande said
when an AAreplacer has transmuter/native conversion it also applies to the wps used/attached to those auto attacks (exception being Cadence as it functions differently)
so all you needed was fire conversion, which can be obtained on multiple items easily
imo the loss of flat acid from no more conversion is actually sad, and boosting cadence with more flat seems unnecessary, but perhaps iā€™m just biased against cadence :sweat_smile:

They are theorycrafters though. This is a valuable tool for them to test the limits of their ideas. I think builds that are at the top of their limits in terms of power and difficulty to gear should be viewed with a grain of salt. These builds arenā€™t advertised to be for everyone, and they are meant to show the extent of a build or idea. The community needs people like them, just like it needs SSF guys showing realistic builds.

3 Likes

We know 4/5 pieces Ulzuin set is strong and being used often, but 5/5 is quite mediocre and you nerfed it deeper. I think -0,5 - 0,8s skill recharge to CB for 5/5 is needed.

Why you care then? You just dont like when others have fun that doesnt affect you in any way?

Exactly this

1 Like

I know that now I donā€™t need 100% phys to chaos. But before change I had either flat for smite (and fire conversion) or flat for RF and phys conversion for RF and smite. Thatā€™s what I meant that I donā€™t have to choose anymore :slight_smile: sorry for misunderstanding

Iā€™m pretty sure this was a buff/leave as it is for 5p and a nerf for 4p ulzuin since basically the gun got the CDR from the helmet.

So, when is my supposed to get Paramour update? Canā€™t wait for the love victory with the Barrowholm folks

Not exactly. Full Ulzuin lost 3% CDR. I mean, itā€™s no big deal, but this change is kinda questionable because as Iā€™m given to understand Crate tries to promote full set usage instead of 4-piece, which is undestandable.

But my full Ulzuin SB actually got slightly nerfed by this change =\

1 Like

Well the gun was 13-19% cdr, the helmet was 4-6%, now gun has 14-22%, we lost 3% cdr guys.

1 Like

Iā€™m a bit torn on the retal changes, honestly. On one hand, Iā€™ve found it very difficult to get more than 1,250% Retal damage on non-set retal builds when set retal builds can easily get over 2,000% Retal damage. The retal augments are garbage (10% or 25% retal damage and barely other stats when non-retal augments give you 50% easy plus necessary OA & DA), retal components require a lot of sacrifice over non-retal components and retal devotions like Shield Wall and Obelisk donā€™t give nearly the visual oomph for providing to the overall damage that other main devotion skills like Meteors or Spear provide.

On the other hand, retal has been confined to either auto-attacks like Righteous Fervor that attacks 4 times a second, channeling spells that cast very quickly as well, or damage pools like BWC and Grasping Vines where the retal can stack very easily. That makes it much harder to balance than something like Retal Blitz which I wanted to try ever since the concept of RATA became a thing 2 years ago. And thus things like Retal Blitz continues to be garbage (especially since neither Nightblade nor Occultist have any additional skills which contribute to putting retal damage to work (and the best retal relic is Honor which is confined to Oathkeeper and is miles better than the general retal relics like Citadel or Reckoning) and things like Stoneguard Warlord continue to be extremely strong, which further fuels the RATA hate.

6 Likes

Personally, I think it is fair.

GDStash lets you make whatever you want, sure. But unless you make impossible items like non MI purples with green affixes or edit your charā€™s stats to give it like 9999 attributes, skill and devo points etc, everything made with GDStash can be made legit ingame with enough farming, trading and luck.

If it is still not fair, then the same logic should also apply to nerfing builds based on the performance of top pilots who can get insane results, impossible for most of the playerbase. Atleast everyone can easily use GDStash if they want to. But much harder to actually get that hand/eye co-ordination and stuff to pull off crazy piloting some do.

4 Likes