Grim Dawn Version 1.1.9.5

here’s the thing, and you, like others, might not realize this
but
the customer isn’t always right
nor, does being a customer entitle you to “everything” or “what you want” - also just because you paid for something doesn’t excuse someone for being a dick
simple as that :man_shrugging:

genius example above as displayed by Kooky_Daisuke, “demands” (or somehow “expects”) ex 1440p resolution, when Crate has been totally upfront with the game being 1080, and it’s always been intended as such - and a potential upgrade, for the series X/S would likely hinge on a dev kit, a dev kit they don’t have, might not get for a while (or ever?)
so it’s not like you bought something and got the wool pulled over your eyes, that would have been if they had said/promised or advertised 1440p but only delivered 1080p, instead Crate delivered what they said, and somehow that is “lazy”, when they don’t have the necessary dev tools from MS to provide a bunch of enhancements for series X/S
so yes, totally earned the snark from Zantai, also even if you’re a “customer”

11 Likes

Sure, this comment wasn’t the best example since the snark is indeed earned. I also never asked for anything nextgen or resolution upgrades, i am totally fine with what we got… aside from the low fps (already fixed, i know) right after release. But that is a far better example as i remember his post on reddit about “misleading reviews” days before this even got patched.

On top of that: I was one of those players who simply couldn’t keep on playing for several weeks until now, right after the first patch to be honest. Then there was me… looking for solutions here and there, every now and then stumbling over some of his “over the top”-comments, wondering how they fit to the subpar state of the port (at release). Maybe that’s something longtime pc-players fail to sympathize, you all got a working product long time ago. And like some other guy stated: we are talking about a full price product for console players, not some five year old budget game…

Well, that all may sound like the attempt to Witch-Hunt Zantai, that’s really not intended.

For me things are fixed now, but let me tell you: i really regretted this purchase far too long.

You should be motivated to make your game better. The screenshots and video put on the Xbox store were from the PC version at a higher resolution. I find this deceitful.

I should be offered a refund for your poorly optimised game that has plenty of bugs. Foolish of me to think it would be patched in a reasonable time frame.

Certainly won’t be buying any more of your games with the attitude you have!!!

(re “attitude”, pot v kettle much? :grin:)

2 Likes

The screenshots/video are at 1080p, which is the resolution the console port runs at.

The port ran at 30fps at release, as advertised.

2 Likes

You’re a liar the video and pictures are of the PC version and are of higher quality than what the port actually is. The game is blurry and constantly stuttering yet nothing has been to fix this.

I hope your next games flop. Prefer Diablo and Path of Exile anyway.

Terrible attitude most people would be sacked speaking to paying customers that way.

I shall be seeking a refund!!!

And this is why I had to go on reddit to warn of misinformation…

Do what you need to do.

Too much paperwork for :crate: to sack :zantai: because

12 Likes

I extracted gamefiles end compared it with previous ones. Most changes leacked to 1195 addressed from 1196 and also some changes based on my last report.

1 Like

8 posts were split to a new topic: Xbox players - Entitled or not?

Fine, but when NEW CONTENT?

Not happening, Crate made that clear long ago. They feel the game is in a good place now and adding any more expansions would only make it bloated. Plus they’re working on their other projects.

2 Likes

So goodbye GD…

why? game isn’t going anywhere, can still be played and replayed :grin:

6 Likes

Changes from 1196 NOT included in 1195 i found (not 100% warranty):

Details

Faction Equipment
-Word of Solael: added 24 Resist Reduction / 5s modifier for Grenado
Monster Infrequents
-Fleshwarped Archive: fixed missing pet bonuses
-Fleshwarped Codex: added % Aether damage
Legendary Non-Set Items
-Blazeheart: increased Fire damage modifier for Fire Strike to 32
-Farath’s Cube: increased Cold damage modifier for Panetti’s Replicating Missile to 130
-Mythical Crystallum: increased % Damage to Chthonics modifier for Ascension to 16%
-Mythical Dreadweaver: increased % Vitality dealt as Cold modifier for Bone Harvest to 100% and reduced it % Pierce dealt as Cold modifier to 50%
-Mythical Voidrend Talons: reduced % Weapon damage modifier for Cadence to 40%
-Mythical Voidsteel Gauntlets: reduced Chaos damage modifiers for Righteous Fervor and Smite to 15-36 and 50-250, respectively
-Mythical Wrath of Tenebris: reduced % Weapon damage modifier for Eye of Reckoning to 18%
Legendary Set Items
-Ember’s Calling Set: reduced % Chaos Resist Reduction modifier for Veil of Shadow to -20%
-Mask of Ember’s Calling: reduced % Chaos Resist Reduction modifier for Veil of Shadow to -8%
-Korba’s Decapitator: increased Number of Targets on the skill proc
-Korba’s Frenzy: increased Number of Targets on the skill proc
-Rah’Zin’s Torment Set: reverted v1.1.9.4 damage adjustment on the granted skill
-The Sacred Harmony Set: reduced % Fire and % Cold damage modifiers for Flame Touched to 50%
[Class & Skills]
Soldier
-Forcewave: increased base % Weapon damage to 90% and increase its scaling with rank to 240% by rank 16, 290% by max ultimate rank
-Tremor: increased % Weapon damage penalty to -80%
Shaman
-Primal Strike: increased % Weapon damage scaling with rank to 275% by rank 16, 335% by max ultimate rank
-Thunderous Strike: increased % Weapon damage penalty to -75%

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Xbox players - Entitled or not?

More undocumented changes (not 100% that all)

Warning, lot of screenshots

Also I found Normal and Empowered Insignia of Justice changes Judgment to Ranged expertise, but only for Aom not FG

7 Likes

there are also some great gd mods that bring fresh new content for players that want more. unless you’re on console, which means you need to accept that another gd game would take long years to develop.

I was no longer max attack speed, and I’m pretty sure Cindertouch gloves attack/cast speed got nerfed as well.

Why do they do all these things without patch notes?

This /10char

1 Like