Grim Dawn Version v1.0.0.7 Hotfix 1

Due to the important fixes in this update, we felt it was worth it to release as soon as available. So this update is now live on Steam.

However, as GoG requires the build to go through them first, we were unable to get it to them in time for today. It will be available on GoG as soon as possible, likely tomorrow.

V1.0.0.7 Hotfix 1

Due to the changes required in this hotfix, some small tuning tweaks that didn’t make 1.0.0.7 but were ready for a future update ending up making it in.

[Game]

• Fixed an issue with Hero/Boss/Nemesis monsters becoming immune to Life Leech
  • Fixed some issues with stairs in Port Valbury causing players to become stuck when using charge skills
  • Fixed an issue with players sometimes teleporting on top of traversable pipes and becoming stuck
  • Fixed an exploit that could allow you to open a riftgate beyond the Gates of Valbury
  • Fixed an issue with excessively high Offensive Ability on monsters on Ultimate difficulty
  • Toned down some general lighting changes made in 1.0.0.7

[Itemization]

• Legendary - Aldanar’s Vanity: proc cooldown increased to 16s
  • Legendary - Fateweaver’s Leggings: reduced Resist bonus from the skill proc
  • Legendary - Ulzuin’s Avatar Set: replaced % Chaos Resist with 6% Physical Resist, increased % Fire and % Lightning damage to 80%, increased % Burn damage to 100%, Avatar of Ulzuin flames now have a larger impact radius.
  • Legendary - Heart of Ulzuin: increased % Chaos Resist to 30%
  • Legendary - Ulzuin’s Chestguard: increased % Chaos Resist to 30% and % Elemental Resist to 26%
  • Legendary - Ulzuin’s Shoulderguard: added % Lightning damage bonus, increased Defensive Ability to 26
  • Epic - Runic Bracers: skill proc now has a 100% chance of activation, but cooldown increased and Resist bonus reduced

[Class & Skills]
Devotion

• Giant’s Blood: reduced Health Regeneration to 228 by max rank
  • Healing Rain: reduced % Health Regeneration to 35% by max rank

Demolitionist

• Skyfire Grenado: increased Physical dealt as Lightning to 80%

Arcanist

• Devastation: increased Target Radius to 6. Overall, Devastation is a little too effective as a single-target killer, so this will spread its damage out a bit more over a larger area, maintaining its intent as an aoe skill while slightly reducing its single-target potential.

[/li]
I know a very happy certain someone.

its still too bright, can we have options to put everything back? Camera and lighting?

Can’t help but think these are a reaction to a couple tanky CT sorc videos I watched saying the Port was too easy.

Wow a significant nerf to Arcanist Devastation builds with Aldanar’s. Looks like AAR is the only good single target skill left.

The builds in question were already presented to be a bit too tanky prior to 1.0.0.7, though the recent posts do reinforce that fact.

-35% physical resist on Fateweaver’s made it completely useless now with this high cooldown. lol

Unfornately I think its a bigger nerf to non-CT builds based around Devastation. The PRM Sorc build for instance relied on Devastation pretty heavily for single target damage. Can’t see how that build remains viable.

Yeah, I don’t think anyone would argue how tanky some of these DPS masteries were getting with the right items/devotions. However, the devastation single target nerf is definitely gonna trigger some crying. :wink:

Edit:

Yeah, I’ll agree it’s a hit to the “not super OP” Arcanist builds.

Hm. I know it would be damn hard, but can someone experienced confirm how big is the Devastation’s single target damage nerf?

The probability of a projectile landing in the pre-hotfix area is (5/6)^2 = 69.4%

Yeah it’s pretty significant actually.

It hasn’t changed too much. It still has comparable DPS against large targets like Log and and a very minor loss of DPS against smaller targets like rifthounds…although why you’re using Devastation against Rifthounds is beyond me.

The targeting radius was already 5 meters; it’s only a 20% increase therein.

This isn’t entirely accurate, because it ignores the 2.8 meter explosion radius of the projectiles. So yeah, in terms of where they land, you’re right, but in terms of where the damage is applied, you’re off a decent margin.

Area is proportional to the square of radius, dude.

Did I say it wasn’t? :stuck_out_tongue:

6 is 20% larger than 5, dude.

OK, let’s do this.

Suppose the target is 1 m in radius and you center Dev over the target. A projectile would hit it if it landed 3.8 m from the center.

Previous probability of hit: (3.8/5)^2 = 57.8%

New probability of hit: (3.8/6)^2 = 40.1%

Still significant IMHO.

Dont get why people our upset about the Devastation tweak, the skill has been stupidly over powered for ages. In my opinion it still needs more of single target nerf.

~40 hours to get a hotfix out? Lazy devs.

:stuck_out_tongue: I know this is one of the more controversial patches in the game’s history but I’m glad to see the devs are so responsive and quick with regards to community feedback. Thanks for being awesome that way!

Just a question. Does the hotfix uploaded yesterday on GoG include these changes? OA still felt quite high yesterday.

And thanks for Ulzuin set changes;)

Thanks for HF. Few notes about lighting. Elemental barrier light source is strong. When close to walls in Warden labs almost overexposing relatively wide area. Aether Crystal in Homested or elsewhere are very bright, Also almost overexposed. It is better, but there are still relative large almost overexposed areas. It is still really disturbing. If it is possible tone it down further.