Grim Dawn Version v1.0.0.9

Nope ATM. :mad:

First off, i didn’t mean to assume anything about using that belt in any of your builds or not, neither to offend you the slightest bit but sorry anyway.

And i totally get your point, i just have no problem of not having a legendary poison belt (as of now; i bet we get some in the exp) in GD.
(At least it tries to (pretty artificially though) break the noob trap of "have to put items with %damage to my main type in every slot (forgoing survivability):undecided:). /s

Imho gameplay wise the change is unimportant, but regarding flavor it’s all the better this way cuz those Vines are indeed Thorny, could very possibly grow in the Misty Glade and definitely deal bleed damage ;).

edit:
I realized i went a bit hollow here so on a serious note:

The number of “poison/acid legendary belts” was’t dropped but stayed at zero since some lowish %damage didn’t make old Thorn Girdle a poison/acid belt at all (imo).

It had only 2 viable reasons to use it (at least temporarily) and none of them was exclusive to poison builds:

1. Max. poison resist and reduced poison (and bleed) duration.

2. Retaliation

Now it has a 3rd one with those skill bonuses.

As for poison/acid belts, lets hope for some in the expansion i guess.

peace

Everyone who’s QQing about OFF has clearly never used Blade Trap before. That skill has the exact same problem, just replace fire resist shred with DA shred, life steal instead of freeze, and require 28 skill points instead of 16. That being said, builds do exist that specialize in single-target damage but have little AoE; Blade Trap and OFF are really meant for those cases (although why anyone would go Blade Trap when you can get Blade Spirits instead is beyond me).

And someone was complaining about how all boss CC items are being nerfed, Mark of the Apostate actually got a BUFF. I don’t see how that medal isn’t BiS for all poison/acid builds now.

Also, this is clearly the “I’ve leveled a WPS DW Blademaster to 85 and I’ve seen the error of my 1.0.0.8 nerfing ways, let me make amends” patch. Not that I’m complaining =)

Hardly saves pierce BM. In fact Cold BM with same devotions and mindset as cold SB is currently superior to Pierce BM…no points in dual blades just cold. Kinda sad.

Thanks for all the updates and your support Crate. An amazing game, my most favorite game of all times. Still playing it, after over 550 hours.
I cant wait for the expansion, oh god!!!

GOG patch should be up today.

Edit: it’s live now.

Installed from the Gog.com download, and when I tried to run it after installing I got this error:
The procedure entry point ?GetGamePath@Engine@GAME@@SAPBDXZ could not be located in the Dynamic Link Library C:GOGGames\GrimDawn\GrimDawn.exe

Hi fletchonides,

I just verified that the files that get installed via the GOG installer/updater are the same files that we sent to them. I am able to run with no problems.

The problem you are describing is typically a mismatch between the game and .DLL files, so this is strange. One thought is that maybe you are running an anti-virus program that maybe quarantined something from the new install? I would check that first (if you are running AV, that is). Barring that, I would try a re-install … make sure you back up your characters first!!

Are you sure you installed the right version? Because patch 1.0.0.9 (GOG-23) is not available yet, at least on my account…

/10_chars.

The change to this belt is great in my opinion. I had no belt to use on my pistol Cadence build and decided to put the Thorn Girdle of the Misty Glade on for the +skills and bleeding damage.

By the way, do you guys know about Jeb’s Law?

I get that every time I boot up GD (steam version). It’s been happening since I upgraded to Windows 10. Just clicking through it results in the game playing fine though.

You were the one that was saying OFF was OP, I just gave a suggestion to make it not so much.

I’m not asking for boss control I’m asking for a debuff (10% slow or 5% fumble) because having gear/abilities focused on only work on trash is a silly gimmick. Trash control is not needed unless your in crucible and even its pretty minor because trash poses little or no threat and if it does its high resistant to crowd control.

Lots of people seem to have reading comprehension issues. I’m not asking for perma freeze I’m asking for making more items and abilities to have relevance in the game, because variety is not a bad thing.

ham sammich…

Getting the same error after installing GOG 1.0.0.9

Steam version works fine, my AV does not complain about either

Because trivializing 80% of the game with just one skill that needs no gear support has absolutely no relevance at all…

Sent from my 0PJA10 using Tapatalk

Awesome! Thanks Crate!

How do you guys get GOG 1.0.0.9 at all?

On the gog.com Grim Dawn downloads

I uninstalled and re-installed, and getting the same error.

That’s like exactly what the screenshot shows, but thanks.

Oh ok you reinstalled the game completely… I thought you guys were talking about a patch, not about the full 3 GB file.