Grim Dawn vs Ashes of Malmouth Comparison

I find keeping key items is a bit of a nuance and easy to drop legs can however be excluded.
I am a hoarder normally so game keeps me on the toes

thirdparty tools may be needed

In this comparison diagram, the difference in the level cap is not displayed.
If so, will the level cap of the base game also rise to 100 when the expansion version is released?

Will the format of .gst files be preserved in the xpac?

yes it stays the same from a format perspective. I believe the one change made it to the base game in 1.0.1.0 already, the expansion can certainly read your vanilla stash.

thats a really big expansion :slight_smile: Im ready to buy it, as soon as it will be available…

Can I ask Devs, do you will continue work on future updates and expansions to the game?

I really love the world of Kairn and it’s story. I would like to have more such expansions in the future, and to hear the story of this world, really like to read notes and dialogues. Wanna someday to walk on a streets of a “capitol” :slight_smile: and to know more about war between Aetherials and Ch’thonics

Maybe this has been adressed somewhere and I’ve missed it but… what happens when I buy the expansion and try to play multiplayer with someone who doesn’t have it?

You can’t obviously play with that person because you will have a different version and the expansion has a lot of new stuff that is not in the base game.

There are a few people who I play with who I’m fairly certain can’t/won’t pay full price for an expansion for a game that I just convinced them to buy so I could play with them… So now I won’t be able to play with them anymore? :frowning:

Looks like it.
Then again, the xpac isn´t out yet, just keep playing with them, maybe they get addicted to GD befeore the xpac is released. :wink:
Or you wait a while before you buy it. cough :undecided:

How can someone don’t buy the expansion?

28€ (10€ for the game on sale + the expansion) buy in for a game is a lot of money for someone who doesn’t have much disposable income

I can only speak from my experience with the beta. First of all, when I wanted to play with someone who does not have the beta, I had to opt out of the beta and install the regular version again. Second, in Steam under Grim Dawn - Properties on the DLC page I had to uncheck the expansion in order to play with people without it.

I would assume that this will still be possible if you have the expansion and they do not, but it might require you to download the expansion again if you set the flag again, not sure. I certainly had to because i also needed to upgrade to the beta again.

Be careful though, as your char might have items from the expansion that would get lost if you play in vanilla, you also cannot play the expansion masteries in vanilla etc, so you should probably have a separate char that you only play in vanilla / with them, not one you switch back and forth between expansion and vanilla.

Ah, good point. Really does sound like a character management nightmare, though. Like, I’d have to have two separate save folders and move the ones without the expansion to the second save folder :eek:. My best bet is probably trying really hard to convince them to get the expansion then

I dont know. I mean Grim Dawn is pure Love for the ARPGGenre. I dont know in wich Universe someone dont buy this Expansion. :slight_smile:

Very nice, can’t wait !!

Thanks for the correction in square kilometers. And I agree for a different color for MI. Very good idea it worked very well in titan quest aniversary edition.

just to earse my confusion. does secrets stand for locations of hidden treasure?

What about the number of new songs though? Music is really an important part of why this game feels so good.

The original GD didn’t use all the available OSTs in the files, the expansion covers the tracks that weren’t used

Try Item Assistant. I use it and I don’t think it lets you dupe items.