Grim Dawn's First DLC, The Crucible, is now live!

Try verifying game files. If that fails, try reinstalling.

If you backed the Kickstarter, then you should have a DLC key waiting for you on your Humble key page.

If you believe there has been an error and that you did not receive the Crucible DLC key, please contact Humble Support. They should be able to sort you out.

You need to check your Humble Bundle KEYS page for the crucible key to add to steam before it will show in the game

Ninja’d by Zantai…what a surprise :p:p;)

Can’t wait to dive back in to GD once I come back from my holiday :smiley:

This is definitely an insta-buy!

Can someone clarify for me, do we load in our Main Campaign characters into the Crucible or start with a new character? If so, are all rewards earned via The Crucible then kept by our Player Character when we take them back in to the Main Campaign?

I would love some clarification as to how it all works. I have read the Game Guide chapter on The Crucible but it does not cover this feature.

Awesome work, Crate! Love it!

Syn

What id I don’t see the key on my humblebundle account?

Hurra it’s here!

Either way and both ways. You can use your campaign chars in the crucible or start a new char for the crucible and then use it in the main campaign…and back and forth as much and as often with either chars as you wish… Hope this helps :smiley:

Beautiful. Thanks for the clarification, Jak!

Syn

Does the free DLC offer extend to those of us who bought the Patron edition after the Kickstarter, but before it was available on Steam?

I can access the crucible mod in my Grim Dawn start screen menu, but when I try to start it, all it does is loop back to the start screen. I have the steam version. Am I doing something wrong?

My steam page for Grim Dawn shows the Crucible DLC, but says it’s not installed. Do I need to install it somehow?

UPDATE:

Found out I needed to either restart steam and/or verify the game files to get it.

I bought the game long before the Kickstarter, and purchased the “Legendary Edition” for $50. I got my game key by email on 9/20/2010. Where can I get my DLC key?

Via the Humble Store. Log into your Humble Account and look at your Keys.

Oops, you were right. I got an email from Humble later, and it was in there. Thanks!

Curious as to what versions apply as well. I have the Pioneer edition and do not see any additional keys in Humble. Thanks!

Hello everyone!

I, as a few others, doesn’t seem to be able to find this as well in game.

First of all I wanted to ask if I was even eligible for it. I backed the game on Kickstarter at the $48 tier. On Humble Bundle I have the game key of course, and something called “Grim Dawn KS Early Access DLC”. Is that the Crucible DLC? Or am I misunderstanding something? Should I not get this DLC?

Edit: I use Steam.

Can people who bought this game before Kickstarter get this update for free? I don’t have any additional keys in my Humble store page, just the original Pioneer Edition key.

I bought a Pioneer Edition for myself in 2013 and another one for a friend in 2014, and we both got the DLC for free. No idea why since it’s way past the end of the Kickstarter but oh well, I’m not going to complain. :wink:

Lucky you :stuck_out_tongue:

i don’t have your luck but i don’t even have enough time to beat the regular game so i won’t complain either :smiley:

Hi,
i have a question. I just bought the new Grim Dawn Crucible DLC and i really like it. But there is one thing that is pretty disappointing. You don’t gain experience while grinding the arena. So you are forced to level in the “story-mode” and just enter the arena to get loot.
Is this how it is supposed to be, or will this be changed soon?
I really would like to just play arena and level my characters there.
Thank you for your answers!
Greetings :slight_smile:

Aww, I’m a bit dissapointed to hear that there’s no xp gain there. I’m still waiting for my key though… I guess I’d settle for just being able to play it :stuck_out_tongue:

You gain XP every 10 waves, and when you claim your treasure.