Grim Misadventure #100: On the Horizon

Great to hear, thank you.

I would like to know if Crucible will be similar to Eternal mod which I like very much and where you can play your character from lvl 1. I understand that in Crucible we shall not have all the stuff present like in Eternal (e.g. faction gear…) but the mechanism could be the same…

Exactly, which is why I contend something small like a 5 point devotion cap or maybe the ability to unlock some additional stat points, or as someone brilliantly suggested the ability to respec some MASTERY points would be amazing as a reward, and attract my BiS toons like bees to honey.

Great thing about rewards like that is they do not unbalance the data for people who do not have crucible playing with those who do have it. I hope they consider this especially given leveling up in Crucible won’t be a good idea unless you already have your factions maxed (no faction gain in Crucible and devotion points will be harder to obtain than outside).

You can enter at any level. Once in it, there are waves of enemies which you have to defeat to gain points and eventually items.

The items you only get once you defeat a series of waves, after that you decide to either continue for better / more items or cash out. If you die during the next series, you lose all items you already gained and start over.
Items are random, so you are not working towards anything specific where you know you either gained it or have to keep fighting waves.

No idea how Eternal mod is in comparison.

I don’t understand why is the patch 1.0.0.5 tied with the release of The Crucible DLC? I’m sure there are many players like me who couldn’t care less about that DLC but are eagerly awaiting the next patch.

P.S. I really hope that announced “balance/tuning pass” won’t introduce more dumb nerfs like patch 1.0.0.4. This is a single player game, for Christ’s sake. Players will always strive to find more powerful, “unbalanced” abilities and items, that’s half of the fun. Don’t destroy fun for sake of completely unnecessary “balance”.

1.0.0.5 is actually separate from the Crucible and contains balance and bug fixes etc. The Crucible will be dlc and show as such while the rest of the update would occur normally and automatically (on Steam).

They will release together of course but to get the Crucible part of it you will need to either buy it or be receiving it free if you meet the conditions.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Nerfing and buffing are all part of balancing. Just because a game is considered single player doesn’t mean squat in relation to that.

Saying a game should be unbalanced (or at least have some unbalanced items or skills) because it’s single player focused is one of the dumbest things i ever read/heard.

A game should be balanced regardless if it’s offline or online.

I play ONLY single player games (RPG and TBS), and I play them for fun. And I really don’t care about balance. In my book, “perfect balance” means exactly perfect boredom.

They are in no way trying to achieve “perfect balance” and have said so since the beginning (it would be impossible to achieve in GD anyway). If something is grossly OP tho (and there are a number of skills in GD that meet that criteria) then don’t be surprised to see the hammer.

I don’t mind nerfs if something is really OP. On the other hand, I hate 10% “balance” nerfs like they did with Beronath’s Fury and Troll Rage in patch 1.0.0.4. That was either not enough or completely unnecesary. You pick.

Or what they did with “of the Wastes” suffix. Now it’s utterly useless. I was really pissed off with that piece of “balancing”. I mean, hours upon hours of farming, down to the drain. So, I decided to quit playing GD, until it’s completely finished, with expansion and the last goddamned “balance” patch.

But, it seems I can’t resist the lure of it… Blast. :smiley:

That’s good then because if I have my way with it you’d be waiting quite a while then. Not only would you have to wait from now til whenever the first expansion comes (all of which along the way will surely feature more “balancing”), you would also have to potentially wait for any more possible expansions (and I assure you I am rooting for there to be more than just one).

Many thanks for explanation

I think Crate knows that. I wouldn’t expect to see anything gutted in new patches. If you can’t make a char in an ARPG capable of absolutely flatlining all the content- your ARPG is a failure. Min maxing is not for everybody and only the hardcore will ever reach that level- the system is self balancing.

I have all the loot and 3 loot capped toons. I also have over 1100 hours played. Self balancing :wink:

Sorry but I still don’t see the comparison. Free updates to the base game adding progression is completely fine. Adding optional DLC that can possibly add more progression or advantages over the base game would fall under the line of being “pay to win” and we all know how distasteful that term is.

Sure playing the Crucible now with characters that have little progression for them may not be the greatest when it comes to being rewarding however whenever new content be it free or full on expansions are released it will then become more relevant then ever.

As Zantai already stated we’ll be seeing some new items in the next free content update with the Aetherial Rogue Like Dungeon which gives some more incentive towards playing the Crucible to acquire them (or hunt for them in the main campaign). To me the Crucible is just another game mode which offers a great challenge, enjoyment and variety as opposed to the campaign.

Yay,more place to die with friends:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yeah, I can pretty much guarantee that’ll happen to me. :smiley: It’ll still be fun to try though.