Grim Misadventure #103: Enter Ugdenbog

Welcome to Grim Misadventures, the premier source of all Grim Dawn development news. Since our last update, the game has seen the addition of new items to hunt for with the release of patch v1.0.0.6. More is still to come as we prepare a new Aetherial Roguelike for you to explore as part of a free content update, which will include a wealth of new lore to discover.

But we are also busily chipping away at our upcoming expansion, a pre-order of which is included in the Grim Dawn Loyalist Edition. Last time, we previewed two new monsters coming with the expansion, but that is just the tip of the iceberg. The expansion is absolutely packed with a massive new chapter of the Grim Dawn story, new items, new mastery combinations and more.

Today we’re going to delve into one of the first places you will explore: Ugdenbog.

You already learned about the resilient Ugdenbog Spikeshells, but it’s not just the wildlife you have to worry about when entering one of the most hostile environments in Cairn, one that was avoided even before the Grim Dawn struck. From the toxic plant life to the treacherous paths across the murky waters, Ugdenbog is an inhospitable living hell.

And yet while nobody sane would even consider entering the area after dark, there is evidence of human activity, though perhaps not the kind you would want to socialize with.

And where there are dark places, so too does darkness thrive. Rumors of insidious worship spread about Ugdenbog long before the Cult of Ch’thon gained a foothold following the arrival of the Aetherials. What foul beliefs thrive in the forsaken bog?

Needless to say, it isn’t wise to stir things up in Ugdenbog, but that is precisely where you will need to go as you continue your tireless battle against the Aetherial and Chthonian forces invading Cairn. What could demand such trials from you? Only Inquisitor Creed knows…

Like knowing what is coming up next for Grim Dawn? Check back on 10/24/2016 for the next Grim Misadventure.

Attachment: Ugdenbog_Cages01.jpg
Attachment: Ugdenbog_Shrines01.jpg

Awesome update… let’s make the world a grimmer place…

It looks amazing!

Please stop tweeting fb.me links that never work. One out of ten fb.me links actually work, and yours never do. Enough.

looks promising!

Wow, this dark forest looks very frightening! Make more zones like this!
And new mastery - GREAT!

Will you be increasing the mastery limit? Otherwise I foresee the release of an additional mastery breaking mods that are already at the 30 limit.

Awesome, I love the atmosphere of Ugdenbog already. :smiley:

new mastery combinations

So will there be a new mastery in the expansion?

We looked into fixing them and they appear to be broken yet again… :rolleyes:

Yes… How is this not common knowledge by now :confused:

This thing is shaping up to be very interesting. Grim Dawn lore is best lore.

You know, it is a suprise for me :slight_smile: Very nice though

I don’t know what their problem is, but it isn’t just you. Use ANY other shortening service. These links almost never work for me coming from anyone and I just end up having to search Facebook (a platform I do not use) for the linked content.

Huh, been 2 weeks already?

As for who made those grisly things my moneys on wendigo worshipping mad shamans

I wonder if those shaman-like things are in fact something like aura shrines that give nasty powers to the monsters within its radius.

Ohhhhh boy… I can’t wait to see all the new lore coming up with this new expansion…

That Ugdenbog area looks amazing! I hope we have high chances of getting lost in there… :stuck_out_tongue:

Looking forward for all the new stuff, specially the new gear pieces, the new mastery and hopefully, new components as well.

Ugdenbog looks awesome! What happens after nightfall, I wonder? :eek:

I have a high chance of getting lost anywhere in Cairn. :smiley: Makes the exploring interesting.

My bet is it’s some perverted form of worship of Amatok, Spirit of Winter.

Toxic plant life, great. There goes my death count climbing again. :wink:

Looking really good. Always a fan of those spooky, foggy forests and swamps. And the human activity probably will be some cannibal tribes, a good addition to the dark side of Cairn. Can’t wait to explore every nook and cranny of Ugdenbog :slight_smile:
And really looking forward to the reveal of the new mastery also!~