Grim Misadventure #112: A New You

Not really excited for this, but if it’s features like this that make an indie game appeal to a larger audience, I’m for it. I’d like Crate to be very successful.

I’m not a fan of ‘easy button’ mechanics or giving gamers everything they want. To me, balancing aesthetics, and not just stats, is another aspect of mixing and matching gear. Sometimes your character is just gonna look ugly. I think that’s one of the charms of ARPGs. But that’s just me.

I do not see this as easy button at all. I will always wear what is best for me regardless of looks and so will most others.

Some will not care about the looks of that, others will. This feature is for the latter group.

I’m confused as to how in any way this is easy button mechanics. More and more games are allowing players to customize their character in various ways and this is just another aspect of that. More options for players is not a bad thing, especially something that’s purely aesthetic.

To complain about this is beyond ridiculous when you can completely ignore it being implemented if you want.

Don’t know if this has been said or not, but you can already “take away” the Illusion
“I’m tired of these Illusions.”
Pretty great.

" What this means is that a level 1 character may not use the appearance of a level 75 Legendary."

Fail.