Grim Misadventure #114: A New Thing...

In my opinion there isn’t any better Name for this Class-Combo. It seems pretty well thought. I mean if you look at both classes. Inquisitor uses this Runic-Sign System for Spells and traps. These Traps reminds a bit of our “Pentagram” thing irl. Some modern Cultures believe Pentagram is the sign to summon the Devil and Deamons(while in fact in Middle-Ages an pentagram meant the opposite - an counter against Demons and such. It wasn’t an sign for Satanism how it counts nowdays). If think about it “ritualist” fits the Class-Combo perfectly - since thats what such people do nowdays with Pentagram an such, they’re fanatic Ritualists which make weirds “rituals” to summon demons/devil or get in contact with them. And thats kinda what Necromancer are as well…

They’ve already been renamed for the expansion.

The Revenant Skeletons are unique in that they scale with the player. Nothing is changing about their functionality for the expansion as they were already revised in anticipation of the necromancer.

The necromancer Skeletons scale with pet bonuses.

You will not need corpses. Persistent corpses is not a GD mechanic, nor is it very fun for boss fights (a personal peeve from D2).

The skeletons wear custom armor.

The various class combo names got rearranged a little since Inquisitor was revealed. Inquisitor+Necro is now an Apostate. Shaman+Necro is a Ritualist. Though I went back and forth on that for a long time.

Called it! :cool:

The Apostate makes a lot more sense for an Inquisitor + Necro combo, when you look at the definition of what is an Apostate.

…How about Heirophant for sham+necro and we don’t need Ritualist?

Apostate makes much more sense

Btw, one thing- i’m no modder but would mod tools get new features as well? I was told TQ had a giant form can we mod that stuff in since it’s the same engine? (or can we do that already)

We have a Kymon follower in our midst.

Light’em up boys :rolleyes:

Call it whatever, ritualist feels bad

How about Paladin for soldier + inquisitor? :stuck_out_tongue: Ok ill stop with the paladin nonsense :cry:

(Sentinel is cool enough, although maybe Templar would be better…?)

If you mean Colossus form, that skill template exists, and was used for the Occultist’s Possession skill a long long time ago. But that skill and pathing are not friends, so we axed it.

So is it available to modders?

Why not just use the skeletal Monstrosity or Gargantuan :slight_smile:

Adrenaline boiii.
I wonder tho, never seen this mentioned, but will the levels 85-100 keep giving 2 skill points? Or is it going to be 1 now?
Anyways, great stuff. Love You guys. :slight_smile:

i missed the question (that was a rich Misadventure wasn’t it ? :smiley: ) and what makes me curious is mostly the new high level content : factions (and thus Nemesis) and rogue-like dungeons (i can’t imagine we won’t have at least a new one).

any general information (main story, title, release date :eek:) would be appreciated too :wink:

Frankly after the necromancer reveal it’s the release date that matters to me now

To hell with Ulgrim, i’m gonna raise me some skeletons :slight_smile:

Would be hilarious to single-class something else only to spec in after the fact. I think there needs to be some kind of plan to account for this. Players could even wait until Elite to do dual-class, so reloading in Normal needs to check for the change - that is, assuming that the Chosen going to be strict about it.

Hopefully they’ve already thought about this and avoided any bugs.

Why not just play a mod to find out? There is a Titan Quest based mod after all…

Ah well, I thought it would be something more interesting. Possibly the first new thing I haven’t been psyched for since I got the game.

Now thinking about it, Witch Doctor would be a better name for Shaman+Necromancer combo IMO.

Or maybe something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk6wj03BeiA

[EDIT]

Or this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RfdXPYRaKg

Paladin won’t fit to this world, this is not your standard fantasy rpg.

It’s been thought of, and addressed.