Grim Misadventure #114: A New Thing...

Not really snarky, that’s how it’s pronounced in my language, with double B. My mistake, though.

I had been all like “pfft, necromancer, boring. Hope it’s not that!”

Then saw concept art and was all like “whaaaat, that necromancer looks bad-ass!” -> Instant wallpaper (first time for that too)

Then I read the descriptions and was all like “definitely going to go necromancer first char”

Still won’t be using raise skeletons as I can’t get into pet builds at all, but everything else sounds really awesome.

Also, the GD Necro art makes the D3 one look like some kids cos-playing :smiley:

Same here. Was not looking forward to it being a Nercomancer class until I saw the art, the thematic gear and the bad ass skeletons at the bottom of the main page:cool:

I hope they are better than skeletons in path of exiles :furious:

What class combination do you guys think is the best for hardcore? (along with necro)

Besides Soldier, it will probably have some great synergy with Occultist and Shaman for both damage and healing.

apart from that, they can tease us with some of their new soundtracks …:slight_smile:

yo, can we get a different name for the inquis/necro class combo? like literally anything else? Ritualist is just about the most bland name i’ve ever heard.

>Implying that Inquisitor + Necromancer = Ritualist

at this rate the expac could be released June, given they hinted on a Q2 release… this year’s April and May will be the longest months ever! :rolleyes:

if you paid attention to the inquisitor reveal post, you’d have seen that Ritualist was listed as a name for a class combo with them too. other people in this thread have pointed that out as well.

Thanks for that awesome wallpaper! Had the nightblade formerly on my screen. Was about time for a new one. I like it so much.

Would you implement more of those arts in the GD loading screens? That would be really lovely!

Occultist’s pets and Shaman’s briarthorn are neither cool, good looking and charismatic. But now it will be more fun to play as summoner. Since occultist and shaman have other skills than summons, necromancer will probably have too so don’t need to be a crybaby. Inquisitor and 0.5 of necro here you have 1.5 non summon masteries. Enjoy.

Artwork looks great. Hoping to you fixing some performance issues when you migrate to directx 11.

How would necromancer work with the Revenant Devotion? Will it simple add 3 skellies on enemy death, or will it revamp into a new skill?

Are skellies pets? Or do they work the same as the revenant ones? Do they scale with pet bonus (making for interesting combos with occulist and shaman) or player bonus?

Okay new screens in OP-

Calling it now,

Training Dummy thingies - Ugdenbog

The other two images next to that statue - Malmouth

And is it true that Inquisitors cannot join the Order? (w/o pulling off the second mastery trick that is)

As I understand the Dev reactions. Necromancer can not join Kymon, but Inquisitor can join Order

It is because Chosen’s faction is formed of fanatic noobs whereas Order is formed of open-minded weirdos :rolleyes::rolleyes: thus i love Order!

mmm… I cannot disagree on that.

BTW, will we need corpses to raise skeletons (ala D2) ?

Thank you Crate.

what intrigues me is the ‘other summon’… it’s not a bone golem and definetely not a blood golem! :rolleyes:

something like this would be dope:rolleyes:

[spoiler]

wishful thinking :p[/spoiler]

probably timed and maybe sth like Outsider from TQ or sth like cthon’s revenant’s necro version