Grim Misadventure #119: Inquisitive Advantage

Welcome back to another Grim Misadventure dev update. You may have missed the big news, but we had a pretty big announcement last week: Grim Dawn has just surpassed over 1 Million Copies Sold! And it’s still going strong.

But you’re here for expansion news! So let’s dive right in. Last time, we had a lore-heavy update featuring one of the new factions coming your way in the expansion. Today, we’re going back to the Inquisitor, with a detailed look at some of the skills available to Cairn’s hunters of all things eldritch and bizarre.

Please note that as the masteries are still under development, the following information may change by release. Damage values are scaled by player attributes.
You’ve studied the basic runes and earned your first artifacts. You’ve been trained in the Luminari arts of subduing foes. At the end of the line, these powerful abilities await!

Inquisitor Seal
”Inscribe a protective seal upon the ground that shields allies and rebukes foes that cross its border. The seal is not permanent however and will fade over time.”

This protective symbol guards you and your allies against harm, but also harms any enemy that steps within it. The modifier for this ability empowers allies standing within it with offensive Elemental potential. The Transmuter offers additional protection against ranged attacks at the cost of spellcasting focus. The seal is a powerful spell to use in the thick of combat, or to plant yourself at a distance and take out anyone that dares approach.

Rune of Hagarrad
”The Rune of Hagarrad was one of the first objects contained within the Vault of the Luminari but, after mounting pressure from the imperial court to exterminate occult activity within the capital, it also became the first artifact to be sanctioned for study and replicated by the Luminari in order to cut off escape routes for fleeing targets.”

The Rune of Hagarrad is a chilling addition to the Luminari arsenal, piercing unfortunate foes with shards of solid ice when triggered by an approaching foe. The modifiers for this ability enhance its chilling potential and increase the number of shards emitted upon activating.

Rune of Kalastor
”Place the Rune of Kalastor upon the ground. This unstable artifact explodes upon contact with enemies, spilling explosive shrapnel upon the battlefield that shatters and erupts to inflict grievous harm.”

A destructive rune that erupts when an enemy walks near, showering the area with explosive spheres of fire and agony. With the modifier, the rune triggers an immediate eruption upon casting, in addition to its triggered effect.

Artifact Handling
”Careful handling of the dangerous relics and artifacts replicated from the Vault of the Luminari storage is central to all Inquisitor training. In inexperienced hands, even the best of intentions could spell doom for the wielder, and those around them.”

Do you enjoy throwing traps everywhere? With proper Artifact Handling (a passive bonus), your Runes of Hagarrad and Kalastor will be at their peak potential and available that much more frequently.

Aura of Conviction
”The protective properties of the runes emblazoned upon Inquisitor armor can be extended to nearby allies, offering enhanced combat awareness and martial prowess.”

This exclusive skill is the culmination of inquisitor training and embodies not only their lethal potential but also their exceptional leadership skills. Unlike most exclusive skills, the Aura of Conviction also benefits nearby allies.

And more…
Cause there is always more! More tricks remain within the Inquisitor’s arsenal, but you will have to learn about them for yourself when the class is released with the upcoming expansion.

Like knowing what is coming up next for Grim Dawn? Check back on 06/12/2017 for our next development update!

Attachment: Inquisitor Seal.jpg
Attachment: Inquisitor Seal 2.jpg
Attachment: Rune of Hagarrad.jpg
Attachment: Rune of Hagarrad 2.jpg
Attachment: Rune of Kalastor.jpg
Attachment: Aura of Conviction.jpg
Attachment: Aura of Conviction 2.jpg
Attachment: Artifact Handling.jpg
Attachment: Inquisitor Mastery.jpg
Attachment: Rune of Kalastor 2.jpg

I like the visuals.

Looking forward to the expansion. :slight_smile:

Crate, great work on the artwork and progress you guys are making. Looking forward to the next update. :smiley:

Looking good! Really itching to see all this in action :smiley:

nngnghssjjsplthtbhbhbnngng

Are we holding on for an E3 announcement?

[b]FAVORITE MASTERY CONFIRMED!!!

PALADIN BUILD CONFIRMED!!!

HYPE OVERLOAD CONFIRMED!!![/b]

Another exciting update! So much to look forward to… Nice little sneak peak at a new monster too. :slight_smile:

Looks very good, can’t wait for the expansion.

So did Aura of Censure get the axe in lieu of artifact handling?

Also, is that a new Epic/Legendary one handed sword that I’m seeing here? because it looks awesome! :cool:

Wooooow this is great :smiley:

Great stuff Crate! Awesome to see the new abilities :smiley:
Keep it up!

So we have Rune Trap things, nice addition. And apparently PB and BoD have a new friend… Eh. I’ve never cared for either, since they’re basically an aura. Buffs galore, but you need to keep em up all the time rather than just making them an aura.* Also, that transmuter does not punish attackers, so it’s basically a given that attackers will take it every time.

*Yes, I know there’s a heal, but each skill line offers ONE heal and MULTIPLE buffs. They’re visibly more buff than heal. An aura transmuted wouldn’t kill anyone to offer.

Great work Crate. Been playing a trapper sab in PoE recently and having a tonne of fun with it, so these new inquisitor traps have got me super exited. I can’t wait to get my hands on rune of hagarrd. This xpac can’t come soon enuff!!!

Yeah there is a heal and it is an important part of the skill with the Tonic CD having a 2nd Tonic available every 12 seconds is massive.
You know Nssheepster either you weren’t posting when I did join the forum or I just didn’t saw you but since a bit more than two months now everytime I see a whiny bitchy post in here I’m telling to myself must be that sheep guy and 9 times out of 10 I’m right and you are always beating on the same 3-4 subjects that are only your !opinion! (yeah opinion not fact. I guess you should know the difference or do you?). Guess it’s time to give a dead horse a break…

I see that the dual-wield pistols passive is a level one skill, which is awesome. Means that any build that want to dual-wield them can do so early, or easily if Inquisitor is the second mastery. I assume that the other passives in that line are pistol passives as well? OMG LOOKING FORWARD TO TRYING IT OUT!

Aura of Conviction looks nice and sexy. DA and Fire resist, nice.

The energy reserved is kind of odd but then i noticed it affects allies too. So first exclusive skill that affects allies.

I like the new look of the buttons… in the “tree menu” :slight_smile:

In before release date requests! :stuck_out_tongue:

Inquisitor looks good! Looking forward to the expansion.