Grim Misadventure #123: Infrequently Monstrous

To add to this answer, I haven’t seen any new praetorians in a couple of years, I seriously doubt any were added at all. Most likely there are enough for Crate’s purposes. Don’t get your hopes up :wink:

There are 8 new Praetorians. :wink:

Though we are finished with this round of invites. We may invite more later, but that’s not a guarantee.

And don’t forget that the amount of time dikkiedik spends in GD, easily surpass a few Praetorians. :smiley:

Yeah he’s worth like six of me, if not more :stuck_out_tongue:

Daaaayum, these are looking nice! I want that face-hood! What better to protect your face than ANOTHER face?! Also, those shields look bomb as all hell. Great job!

Are you sure about your criteria? I don’t feel like I qualify at all. :smiley:

I’m not sure what it is but Crate certainly considers you a Praetorian. Regardless, there’s nothing stopping anyone from being a proactive member of the community :smiley:

you tell me :rolleyes::rolleyes:

but apparently I slipped between the system :stuck_out_tongue: :cool: :stuck_out_tongue:

Swwwwweeeeettttttt…

That shield looks cool.

Wow We have new Praetorians Friends :slight_smile:
KoalaeiO, Superfluff, Stupid Dragon, TomoDaK, WolfOverclocked
Who’s the other 3 new Praetorians?

Btw, is there any new MI’s for gloves and boots?

Yes, only positive, blind ass-kissing is permitted. No dissenting opinions permitted!

“I don’t want to know” Yet here you are reading things that may or may not contain spoilers.

Fact is, the updates here and streams are not even at the level of a drip feed.

There is an entire world between “barely worth streaming or posting about” and “totally spoiler-filled stream/post that ruins the content for people who don’t want to be spoiled yet are still watching the stream or reading the updates”.

Everything must be so simple if you live in a world where all you see is 1’s and 0’s. Seems you have everything neatly sorted and filed away.

Crate, you’re such a Material Girl living in your material world.

Then again, there is a big difference between blind ass-kissing and being a fan who is capable of giving critical feedback. Not in your world tho, it seems.

btw, love your posts. Keep 'em coming.

This is forum is so tiny yet there is already some kind of drama of some users being chosen as praetorians and some not. I love it! Considering there is like total of 5 people here including Zantai.

Those news are sick, I am expecting a new depth from build diversity with new op builds popping seemingly out of nowhere when everybody thought it has been all figured out. It’s not going to be new builds just for ten new classes, it’s going to be at least twice as many builds for old classes as well with a lot of nuances and shit load room for fine-tuning and min-maxing. My ocd will never be quelched! :slight_smile:

There won’t be build diversity. Colossal Bulwark spawned with Chronomancer’s/Supercharged prefix will provide more CDR than any normal off-hand, making non-soldier builds inferior both in defence and actual cooldown reduction.

Other than, you know, builds that don’t care about CDR…which is basically everything I play. :rolleyes:

The extra 3% cd reduction on a perfectly rolled shield+prefix vs a perfectly rolled offhand won’t make or break any builds. It obviously gives shieldbearing casters (some of which aren’t soldiers, I’ll add) a very small edge, but the advantage isn’t large enough to completely eliminate build diversity. Only min-maxers will care about the extra 3%, and min-maxing isn’t necessary to complete all of the content in Grim Dawn.

The extra 3% cd reduction on a perfectly rolled shield+prefix vs a perfectly rolled offhand won’t make or break any builds. It obviously gives shieldbearing casters (some of which aren’t soldiers, I’ll add) a very small edge, but the advantage isn’t large enough to completely eliminate build diversity. Only min-maxers will care about the extra 3%, and min-maxing isn’t necessary to complete all of the content in Grim Dawn.

Then you weren’t paying attention. :wink: 6 accepted Crate’s invitation to become a playtester last year - I was one of them.

Jesus Christ, at last. I’ve been waiting for this for a long time, good news, Zantai.

Unless you play the build with literally one button (which is an auto-attack replacer), all builds benefit from CDR in the form of lesser cooldown on devotion procs and healing skills.

It’s not “just” 3% reduction, it’s 3% more reduction while having benefits of a shield (which is useless outside of Soldier mastery). Something like Battlemage with Star pact and Clairvoyant’s Hat will have 36% CDR at least. Depending on how skill recharge reduction gets calculated, Overguard will have between 11.5 (86% uptime)
10.8 (92% uptime) cooldown. Add Time Dilation (-6 seconds CD every 9.6 seconds) on top and you have a very short window when anything is on cooldown.

Define “all of the content”. Crucible is also a content of Grim Dawn and requires min-maxing to pass 150 on Gladiator.