Grim Misadventure #124: The Ashes of Malmouth

Welcome back to Grim Misadventures. In case you haven’t been keeping up with the news, today’s title has an important meaning because…it so happens to be the title of our fast approaching expansion for Grim Dawn!

As the title suggests, you will be visiting a place we’ve hinted about in Grim Dawn lore throughout the game, the fallen city of Malmouth.

Once a thriving center of industry in Cairn, Malmouth was one of the first cities to tragically fall during the Grim Dawn. Political intrigue was par for the course in a city that generated vast wealth for the empire, but the game changed with the arrival of an unassuming physician from the capital, Erulan. The physician, named Theodin Marcell, was the catalyst that brought about the city’s destruction.

Malmouth was divided into three distinct districts: The Candle District, where most of the poor found themselves crammed into densely packed dilapidated structures. Here the vast wealth of the city was but a dream. Nearby, the Steelcap District was the center of industry. Lined with factories, warehouses and the very docks that became the heart of Malmouth’s economy, the Steelcap District was the prize to be conquered for every power hungry noble. Lastly, Crown Hill housed the nobility, the city council and offices of governance. This was where the hammer fell and Malmouth’s fate was sealed.

Inquisitor Creed and the Legion had believed Malmouth to be a lost cause, completely overrun by the enemy and devoid of survivors, but circumstances are about to change. You will have to find out for yourself when the expansion is released later this year.

Like knowing what is coming up next for Grim Dawn? Check back on 08/21/2017 for the next Grim Misadventure.

Attachment: Malmouth 01.jpg
Attachment: Malmouth 02.jpg
Attachment: Malmouth 03.jpg

New info… Nice :smiley:

Looks damn wonderful indeed.

Edit… I think this is some of the best artwork I’ve seen yet in images, good to see ye ol’ signmaker is still busy :smiley:

I had had a wishful thinking that the expansion was gonna be released to day :cry:

Btw this Misadventure is pretty short

Nice update !

Really love the feeling of the town, eager to discover it by myself !

I’m overhyped and those misadventures are fuel on fire.

No hugs then? :frowning:

“Later this year”

U BETTER DO :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Really liked the atmosphere of a destroyed town in Valbury, so seeing more crumbled buildings in Malmouth makes me smile and nod.
The artist’s did a great job, lots of nice looking details on those screenshots :slight_smile:

Ok, this looks amazing. Very nicely done. MUCH better than Devil’s Crossing. Can tell how dated that place is. Will the graphics of vanilla be updated, as well?

Also: I think it’s a rule that any town in any Lovecraftian-esque game or story has to end in -mouth.

That’s like poorest (in terms of content) misadventure yet. Which makes me happy because it means release is really near!

I’m getting some Fallout vibes coming from these screenshots. :stuck_out_tongue:

I can’t wait to explore every single corner of Malmouth to kill every single Aetherial bastard I ran into, and of course, to savor all the new lore that will come with it. :smiley:

I’m not sure i would say october, but i hope to be wrong, september would be great.

We are already in August, no info about the release date. Testers are only testing 50% of expansion content, because other 50% is not ready. My bet, probably October/November

Aetherials are dicks to buildings.

Did you study pictures of bombed city’s in WW2? That’s the level of devastation i’m getting! It looks awesome!

Looks great, exactly the level of “Valbury, but more” I was hoping for. :smiley:

It was just asking to be turned into ashes with a name like that. :rolleyes:

At first I was mweh, don’t mind lore / screenshot updates, but had hoped for more. Looking at the screens again the level of detail is epic! Looking forward to hunt for some monsters there, and curious to the renewed interest in what previously was considered a lost cause.

Good, I don’t see any ground damage. :smiley:

Yeah, but to be honest, from a lore/story standpoint, isn’t that destruction excessive? The Grim Dawn was a recent event, so why are all buildings in such state of destruction? It looks more like an aftermath of an earthquake to be honest…

Btw awesome setting for the expansion. Can’t wait!:cool:

They said third Quarter, so I am really hoping for September. Can’t wait!