Grim Misadventure #126: Main Views

Grim Misadventures here with the latest peek into the upcoming Grim Dawn expansion.

Its arrival is fast approaching now as we near content complete and hit the grinder on polish and bug fixing. Somewhere along the way we might try to remember what the sun looked like too.

Today’s foray into development is artistically minded. First, with a very exciting update to our main menu!

There your characters will stand, among the foliage of Ugdenbog, with the ruined city of Malmouth ominously looming in the background. We feel it summarizes the expansion’s two new acts exquisitely.

One of the final stages of development, besides tuning and bug fixes of course, is the art department swooping in and cleaning up all the messes the designers left in their wake. This involves lots and lots of items of course. It’s an exciting time to open up our Equipment Test World daily and seeing all of the new item art, which is made all the more awesome with the introduction of Illusions. Today we have a preview of some of the Legendary equipment that has escaped the art department in recent weeks:

As always, note that item skills are scaled to player stats and do not reflect base values.

The Cortosian Scrolls
“The scrolls are lined with spells and techniques written down by generations of Cortosian Arcanists.”

Guardian of Death’s Gates
“Rumored to have once been wielded by Uroboruuk himself, this weapon 's edge traps souls with the slightest touch.”

Maw of the Damned
“Forever damned are those that partake of the Wendigo’s gift.”

Stormweave Armor

With hundreds of new Epic and Legendary items in store for you, in addition to the already vast arsenal from the base game, we are excited to see all of the new builds (and Illusion wardrobes) that you come up with.

Like knowing what is coming up next for Grim Dawn? Check back on 09/18/2017 for the next Grim Misadventure.

Attachment: Main Menu.jpg
Attachment: Legendaries_Shoulder_CortosianScrolls01.jpg
Attachment: Legendaries_Axe2h_DeathsGates01.jpg
Attachment: Legendaries_Shield_MawofTheDamned01.jpg
Attachment: Legendaries_Torso_Stormweaver01.jpg
Attachment: Legendaries_Shoulder_CortosianScrolls02.jpg
Attachment: Legendaries_Axe2h_DeathsGates02.jpg
Attachment: Legendaries_Shield_MawofTheDamned02.jpg
Attachment: Legendaries_Torso_Stormweaver02.jpg

Very interesting update !

Maw of the Damned already was in TQIT if i remember correctly (with a similar design)

Very exciting to see the xpac fast aproaching, keep up the great work !

The new main menu looks incredible! Great work :slight_smile:

Looking good. Love the shield and the Cortosian Scrolls! Very samurai!

i hope release is not gonna be at the same time as warframe PoE

aah damn, that main menu :open_mouth:

there is the new main interface :slight_smile: get this site a update as well? (design)

Looking good!
How many artists working on the game?
And what about music do we get new menu theme?

That Stormweave armor looks wonderful.

Whoa, that main menu looks gorgeous!

Also the Cortosian Scrolls reminds me of those samurai armors that have flags on them. :slight_smile:

Love it. Great work.

I’m so fucking hyped for this expansion… damm :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

TWO new acts? I think I read every Grim Misadventure so far but was under the impression we would only get one new act. Did the devs just pull a Path of Exile on us?

that main menu looks very cool - would be nice for desktop background too :slight_smile:
also love the items!

Strange armor. Id rather see +Shattered star on it instead of TSS. The game is oversaturated with +TSS . And why no %phyz resist on heavy armor?

so main deadline has arrived.
small tweaks and nuances to do.

ah so good :stuck_out_tongue:

Face Shield to go with the Face Hat?! I’m sold as fuck. Can’t wait for Face Boots and gloves so I can kick and punch with the power of faces.

Whoa dude! I also missed it on the first reading!

Incredible!

I just hope Zantai won’t show up in a couple of minutes and apologize for the typo…

I think it is actually only one act but with a size of two acts :slight_smile:

Honestly this is my most anticipated release of the year. I cannot WAIT to get my hands on this baby! Starting to get a little burnt out on PoE so this can’t come soon enuff. Also great dark artwork on that new background. Only one tiny thing missing…dead bodies hanging from those beautiful trees lol