Grim Misadventure #133: Announcing...

The important question is - where is that preorder button?

That is great news right there.

Will the quality of life features include buying health & energy potions in stacks, rather than one at a time?

grats, will buy. but i hope it will include QoL improvements for crafting.
some PoE players will be excited for sure.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Enviado desde mi Mi A1 mediante Tapatalk

i can be totally wrong but i guess that if the xpac would include a new class it would have been already announced :undecided: char progression isn’t mentioned either, so i wonder if it’d be an xpac focused on challenges/rewards “only”.

again it’s just speculation and we’ll get more info soon (really happy that GDMs come back every two weeks by the way :))

Wooow. Barely is AoM out and now we have another coming? And it is desert themed… which was always my favourite type of area in Diablo II and III and Titan Quest as well.
I am glad that we only have a new area and items/powers coming and no new class - I still have not even tried half of the class combinations yet despite this game being what I have exclusively played for the last half year or so. :smiley:
And I assume the sun+forgotten god means Empyrion, aka Korvaak. The more lore, the merrier! I also assume we will finally go South from Devil’s Crossing. :slight_smile:

No thank you, stupid seasons and their to me, minimal “rewards” was what made me bored with Diablo 3 pretty soon. I still don’t see the point of these, it’s more like stuff for people to brag about exclusive pets and skins that they can only get by replaying the exact same thing with the same character build over and over again… aka, grind.

I am fine with current level cap and devotion cap

I don’t mind 1 more class

So if the expac only has QoL stuff it’d be great.

Holy shit! This is amazing news! Im so hyped!

Can we expect a new class too? I think 1 new class would be way plenty, no need for 2 even like in AoM.

One thing at a time:)

If there were a new class nad maybe other stuff, I wouldn’t give it all away in one announcement. The fact that there is another xpac is a huge deal alone.

Maybe at least we will get to look like that guy. The dude in the menu without armor is so shaggy:)

Excellent News. Looking at the Title i assume ,that Korvaak might have a big Part to play.

I’d say you are totally wrong. No way are they making an expac without more masteries. That’s the type of thing they feed us over the coming months in the Misadventures and not with the very first teaser post.

Lets not forget that long ago medierra said he’d like to one day get up to around 10 (or 12?) masteries (and a level cap of 200). Perhaps it may come true.

Some people have already tried guessing what the QoL features would be.

I hope they will include updated visual effects for skills with converted damage. Please Crate, we need this; we need a green effect to turn red when damage goes from Acid to Vitality.

I think it’d be pretty hard to raise the level cap. It would require a new tier of equipment, and that would make a mess of current gearing and balancing. A new class would be perfect of course, but I can’t even imagine how hard it would be to find synergies with all the existing classes. And honestly, it might make more sense for Crate to focus on underpowered builds currently in the game (looking at you, Deceiver and Apostate). They can do that with new items, item skill modifiers, components and devotions.

Eh, raising the level cap just means you can max out more skills that you only use as support, I don’t see a problem with that, frankly I’d welcome it too.

And btw, more desert areas probably means more encounters with those adorable kittens and their spikey tails. :wink:

Great, I always thought GD had too few myths. I expect many many lore! :slight_smile:

This news…

That would be awesome. Anyway, they will have to justify the expansion price with content :cool:

It also means builds would become less different from one another, since there are support skills everyone would max out if given the opportunity. And I think one great strength of Grim Dawn is the variety of builds.

This could be neutralized though, if they raised the skill cap levels for some or all skills. So e.g. Cadence has 22 levels instead of 16, and Possession 16 instead of 12, or something like that.

Great News! :wink:

Well… if AoM is any indication I think they got it in the bag. We barely know anything about this one and it already feels like it’s going to be more going on than what they coughed up for AoM.

Damn, I’m pretty excited.

YES!
Sand, desert and tombs my favorite environment.

Pd: take my money already.