Grim Misadventure #133: Announcing...

Can’t wait :smiley:

Very much looking forward to this. Pure desert environments has always been the best biomes in gaming, especially rpgs (example in no order, Diablo 2, Dungeon Siege, Sacred, Torchlight 2, Titan Quest, among many).

I still have a tiny bit of hope we will finally see BOWS in this game, but I think it is very unlikely :frowning: Please make it happen.

Forget it. Doesn’t fit the GD mythos and Zantai said no new weapon types in last Friday’s stream as well.

I heard that before, but bows make much more sense in an apocalyptic world with very low resources than guns do.

Also guns and crossbows are not fun :frowning:

Nevertheless, still ain’t happening no matter how many times you ask for it. Zantai’s explained the reasons why several times over the years.

What if we get TRIPLE class characters?

With 2-3 class required uber skills?

That’d melt a whole lot of decades from more than a handful of the player base in here.

And the true top tier might never actually be found for years.

…even in China.

As long as we get machine gun crossbows that shoot rockets, there shall be zero regrets in this grimdark life.

DON’T STOP making expansions, I LOVE THE GAME! I Hunger to gather more Item Gear Sets.

Well, as Zantai said in the stream last Friday, the team have been working on the game for quite a long while now and might like to do something different. Stream’s here if you want to watch - introduced some new music for the expansion as well as showing off the new movement runes we’re going to be getting.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/265416096##

I have no problem with that, can relate to it completely. The company needs other projects to help it stay viable and people get burnt out doing the same things all the time. We know there’s a town builder in the pipeline, but what else this creative group can come up with excites me a lot. Let them have a break, do some interesting things game-wise and then maybe they’ll be refreshed and ready to tackle a GD2.

As medierra has said previously as well, he’d feel better about a GD2 if the company had more funds available.

I think a couple successful projects and we might see a GD2 later on a scale unlike anything we’ve seen now :smiley:

Another consideration is how long the current game engine will last. Performance-wise there’s not much more they can squeeze out of it. And each expansion produces less and less financial return for the amount of work involved because they just don’t sell as well.

Its Q2 of 2018 and the expansion isnt released yet. Is the expansion delayed? Kappa + Babyrage :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Ha, ha. :wink:

I know Im a SUPER fun guy right? :smiley:

Awesome job guys, this looks great and will definitely be purchasing it.

I do want to add that with the game is already extremely long since the each act individually is really big. The number of difficulties in the game need to be reduced to either 1 seamless (and increasingly difficult) difficulty or just have two difficulties. The old Diablo I/Diablo II model doesn’t work for this game since Diablo I and Diablo II were games were each act was extremely small and the whole game could basically be completed in 2-3 hours if you really played smart… and in 1 day if you were basically relaxing. It would be a challenge to complete Grim Dawn in 1 day and would definitely not be possible in 2-3 hours.

The difficulty system wasn’t as notable when the original GD came out since it was just 4 acts, but AoM’s act 5 alone is a pretty huge act.

That’s because it’s 2 Acts, not 1. Crate doing their too much content thing again. Not that I’m complaining. :smiley:

really ? I guess I never played smart then (but then I played them not that much).

Otoh people say you can get to the end of GD (or was that level 100 ?) in 8-10 hours and I never tried that either :wink:
From that perspective 3 difficulties do not seem to be all that bad in GD just yet.

At the very least you can skip about half the game if you want to rush through

• act 1 in epic and legendary
  • large parts of act 3/4 anywhere
  • AoM anywhere
  • FG anywhere (I assume)

I would not mind unlocking legendary and epic at the same time however. Then you can skip more if you feel like it.

XP pots and skipping most of the optional areas can get you to Ultimate in like 14 hours and be nearly 100.

And you can still skip AoM in Normal and Elite, same for FG. Don’t know why people bring this up when talking about game length. The game is as lengthy as before in Normal and Elite.

Im so hyped for this next expansion, theme is alot more appealing than in ashes of malmouth.

it certainly is. Especially when your favorite mastery is about to be released! :stuck_out_tongue: