Grim Misadventure #133: Announcing...

I wonder how the community would have reacted if we have gotten a snow based expansion instead .:stuck_out_tongue:

Personally I’d prefer dessert but I remember a thread somewhere where snow was the demand appetite of many.

I am one of those who despise the desert theme. I love DII but even today I can’t stand Act II (with the exception of The Tainted Sun quest, The Arcane Sanctuary and Tal Rasha’s Chamber)

I’d have preferred a snow theme myself but this is what we got and I am fine with it as long as the lore is good and the killing is fun

Zantai said in the stream that he dislikes Desert areas in games and that they will make sure it looks cool.

So I think we can expect lots of Oases well made terrain with an organic feel to it, awesome ruins.

I’m very fine with a desert theme, because i love crypts and temples. I do expect a variety in the landscape. There are plenty of things at their disposal, which i mentioned earlier. So i have complete faith in Crate.

the reference to " lush oases" should give us hope for variety. I am guessing the volcanic wastes may allude to an end campaign game area but hey it would be too similar to Titan Quest Surtr boss area so I hope not.

also, I do hope we get a village in an oases setup, a place not marred with destruction, unlike the ones we are used in Cairn. we might be moving to a forgotten continent, so I hope no Chthonians and Aetherials this time around! :stuck_out_tongue:

And one thing, I hope they include a bright sunny day in a beach - sandy coastline. the harbor in act 2 is quite small meanwhile Malmouth Docks is too dark and congested with crap! :undecided:

Actually yeah, I’d prefer if the aetherials and the chthonians kinda fuck-off this expac.
A few random encounters here and there is fine. But I don’t want to see them in large numbers anymore

this is the variety we need. The battle of green and red is quite dragging. Time to put them to rest for a while. IMO, I’d love to see more undead, insectoids, beast and dragons, perhaps? Human enemies in a form of new faction. ( raiders, bandits- better version of cronley’s gang ). and of course eldritch enemies at the end of the campaign.

What other monster variants do we still need?

If you want more monster ideas then browse any of the furry related forums/subreddits/imageboards

That should give you plenty of ideas, too bad the brain damage you’d receive would render you unable to implement any of said ideas

TQ act 2. No problem if it feels different though, The model design stream reminded me of the undead hounds in TQ but had it’s own unique variation

No thank you, I am avoiding reddit like a plague! don’t want to end up… :rolleyes:

Cannot stop thinking about this expansion everyday that I am hyping myself up by listening to these amazing soundtracks.

//youtu.be//a0QbfvdmZsA

//youtu.be/v_roE4kMTMo

iIf you have any other epic soundtracks set on the desert let me know guys!:slight_smile:

Always enjoyed Gothic 3 Varant Desert Tracks like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFgiSn1LOkc

They are not as trippy as D2, TL 2 or GD but I liked them still

Cool, I like GD

I loved those crocodile guys in TQ Egypt.

It’d also be awesome to have some crypt/temple/tomb area reminiscent of Valley of the Kings, where there were like 5 or 6 tombs where the Telkine could be… except that he was always in the same one so once you knew, you could just go to that tomb… but instead it would randomize where the Telkine-like boss would be.
So it’d be beyond quests like Ol’ Briarthorn where it randomizes between several options where their den is, and instead all the tombs/dens exist but you don’t know which the boss is in.
(Optional to include Toad telling you that the Telkine is in another tomb)

Hmm…Anasteria said the human mind cannot fathom the myriad worlds and dimensions out there, so an Avatar-like world in a 3rd expansion please !

that makes me think that while agreeing with those who are happy if we get temporarily rid of Aetherials and Chtonians, i wouldn’t mind to see more Undead, mixed or not with old ones. Could be a new faction (the way Aetherial Vanguard is distinct from Aetherial) or just a new Nemesis (Grava style).

Please make those changes to the game with Forgotten Gods expansion…

• Only 1 difficulty choice for both crucible and main campaign rather than 3 so we dont have to run the game 3 times.

• “Triple Class System” 3rd class choice that makes 3 different class combos possible for each char (ex. arcanist-soldier-shaman, i can play warder, battlemage or druid and can switch between them whenever i want).

• Multiple “Build” save slots so we can switch between different favorited builds for our character rather than respecing.

• “Trading Post” (like the d3 auction house), game feature accessible from main screen that lets us easily trade items with other players.

• Potion of Clarity --> 7200 second duration-250% experience gained-Persists through death.

• Health bar on monsters.

• Improved crafting screen.

• Ingame damage and healing meter.

• Movable pet and party bars.

• Movable and resizable map.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE…

Not happening as will need entire overhaul of complete game rebalance, a 3rd mastery has been suggested once or twice in the past and Crate have said no with GD as it is

Not happening…The idea of GD is you run a different char, not simply build a single level 100 char and simply swap between builds as required…again would need complete overhaul of game balance

Not likely as this is a single player game, that’s played mainly solo and there’s only so much Crate can do at any one time and to focus on something the majority of players don’t use is a waste of their time

Doubt we’ll get a third mastery option nor Multiple Builds. That’s what making a new character is for. :slight_smile: And why it’s so fun. Also pretty strong hint from Zantai in the live stream Friday before last that level cap isn’t changing so you’d be even shorter of points than you are now if a third was allowed. Would mean going back to at least 2 skill points between levels 91 and 100 or possibly even 3 the whole way through.

Trading - that could need closed servers which aren’t going to happen since the game is meant to be moddable.

Monsters already show a health bar. :confused:

Ingame damage and healing meter - don’t know what you mean by this. You can see damage if you tick that option and you can see your health bar going up and down. Mine’s usually going down. :smiley:

If you mean move pets and coop players’ icons, I doubt that will happen.

Map - do you mean the mini-map? That can already be changed in size or got rid of completely. Different positons? Had that in early alpha so I doubt that’ll be brought back.

I doubt we will be seeing most of these, and they aren’t exactly high up on my wish list either

Improved crafting is the only one I would care for