Grim Misadventure #133: Announcing...

As medierra has said previously as well, he’d feel better about a GD2 if the company had more funds available.

I think a couple successful projects and we might see a GD2 later on a scale unlike anything we’ve seen now :smiley:

Another consideration is how long the current game engine will last. Performance-wise there’s not much more they can squeeze out of it. And each expansion produces less and less financial return for the amount of work involved because they just don’t sell as well.

Its Q2 of 2018 and the expansion isnt released yet. Is the expansion delayed? Kappa + Babyrage :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Ha, ha. :wink:

I know Im a SUPER fun guy right? :smiley:

Awesome job guys, this looks great and will definitely be purchasing it.

I do want to add that with the game is already extremely long since the each act individually is really big. The number of difficulties in the game need to be reduced to either 1 seamless (and increasingly difficult) difficulty or just have two difficulties. The old Diablo I/Diablo II model doesn’t work for this game since Diablo I and Diablo II were games were each act was extremely small and the whole game could basically be completed in 2-3 hours if you really played smart… and in 1 day if you were basically relaxing. It would be a challenge to complete Grim Dawn in 1 day and would definitely not be possible in 2-3 hours.

The difficulty system wasn’t as notable when the original GD came out since it was just 4 acts, but AoM’s act 5 alone is a pretty huge act.

That’s because it’s 2 Acts, not 1. Crate doing their too much content thing again. Not that I’m complaining. :smiley:

really ? I guess I never played smart then (but then I played them not that much).

Otoh people say you can get to the end of GD (or was that level 100 ?) in 8-10 hours and I never tried that either :wink:
From that perspective 3 difficulties do not seem to be all that bad in GD just yet.

At the very least you can skip about half the game if you want to rush through

• act 1 in epic and legendary
  • large parts of act 3/4 anywhere
  • AoM anywhere
  • FG anywhere (I assume)

I would not mind unlocking legendary and epic at the same time however. Then you can skip more if you feel like it.

XP pots and skipping most of the optional areas can get you to Ultimate in like 14 hours and be nearly 100.

And you can still skip AoM in Normal and Elite, same for FG. Don’t know why people bring this up when talking about game length. The game is as lengthy as before in Normal and Elite.

Im so hyped for this next expansion, theme is alot more appealing than in ashes of malmouth.

it certainly is. Especially when your favorite mastery is about to be released! :stuck_out_tongue:

Go and have another lie down, it’ll do the rest of us some good at least. :stuck_out_tongue:

likely won’t solve the upgraded with expansions/dlc verse ‘not’ multiplayer issues; seriously there should be a roll back cap so you can run a limited instance within GD.

Malmouth took all the interesting minmax people had been doing then specifically threw a kitchen sink at destroying those builds.
I mean I get it you don’t want one button ponies and lazy builds, focusing on action; but the lack of finesse makes a general boring malaise of any uniqueness the game might have.
If every character has to be a tank and use AOE DOT’s with maxed resistances your actually limiting choice no matter what you bring out.
Hate casual gamers all you like, but we bought into the same game as the stay at home e-sporters (sahes) and we’ll take it (our future gaming budget) elsewhere if we don’t like the experience.

:eek:

As a casual player, I pretty much disagree with everything you wrote there, mainly because it´s wrong. In my opinion.

And who the heck made YOU the official spokesperson for casual gamers?

:rolleyes:

What in the hell are you talking about? Not every build has to be a tank with AoE dots to beat Malmouth. I beat it in Ultimate during testing, when the damage scaling was way worse, with characters that had level 75 gear. Also maxed resists are expected because if the game doesn’t expect it, you can be effectively immortal because how relatively easy it is to cap res right now.

There’s this idiotic myth that “every build in the game has to be a tank to beat it” which is complete crap. Also, god forbid the highest difficulty, the hardest in the game, expects even basic defense so that you can survive.

a limited instance for what ? Not sure what this even attempts to achieve…

Malmouth took all the interesting minmax people had been doing then specifically threw a kitchen sink at destroying those builds.
I mean I get it you don’t want one button ponies and lazy builds, focusing on action;

they adjusted some outliers, mostly via buffs, so this seems a bit over the top

but the lack of finesse makes a general boring malaise of any uniqueness the game might have.

no idea what this means

If every character has to be a tank and use AOE DOT’s with maxed resistances your actually limiting choice no matter what you bring out.

you need your defenses & resistances, AoE and DoT is really up to you.

Needing the resistances is not really a limitation, sure you cannot run just about any crap build in crap gear, but that is not something you should expect at higher difficulties.
You are not restricted to the point where you are forced into one specific ‘build’, just look at the build forum

Hate casual gamers all you like, but we bought into the same game as the stay at home e-sporters (sahes) and we’ll take it (our future gaming budget) elsewhere if we don’t like the experience.

taking your money elsewhere is your prerogative, the rest is a bunch of nonsense that I have no idea where it is even coming from, or why AoM would trigger this while vanilla GD did not

@Illiousintahl - your feedback is appreciated, but can you be a bit more specific and start a dedicated thread in Ideas and Feedback?

I can’t wait guys!

awesome. my family and friends can’t wait