Grim Misadventure #141: Beyond the Plateau

your not alone but keep it to yourself. I have similar feelings before but I learned to understand Crate ways and honestly its not really bad. That is how it is, how they do the hyping. They are nice people actually especially zantai

please zantai reveal paladin already or new mastery of awesomeness. I am willing to do anything so have mercy

0/10, no new mastery shown, i’m an entitled baby.

On a serious note, cool stuff. Already liking the looks of the volcanic area.

Patience is a virtue :p. We’ll hear about the features you want when they are finished and ready to be shown off.

I’m just glad that we’re even getting updates on the expansion and the game in general. I don’t think Zantai is obligated to do GMs but does so anyway.

he is the community manager or whatever its rightfully called so medierra probably keeps him under check:D

his doing a great job actually except on one thing the most important one and still he keeps delaying it on purpose:furious:

haha^^ i like it if people get pissed of :smiley: the thing is : everyone here is waiting for something new and every 2 weeks we get the little things. its time to reveal something big, a mastery or the shattering game mode or even something we didnt expected. easy. the announcement of FG was a big surprise for me but in my eyes to early

instead of biweekly udates make a teaser trailer or something else. do something for the 1000 bucks i have donated to your kickstarter project :wink:
dont think iam sad , iam trolling around :smiley: zantai knows that

They will reveal it when they feel it like it and you complaining won’t change a thing. And nobody is “pissed off” by your post, just think it’s a rather silly thing to complain about.

I wouldn’t judge the people expressing disappointment too harshly. Everyone posting in these threads is likely to be excited about the upcoming expansion. There are a couple of features I think most of us are waiting to hear about. :stuck_out_tongue:

Nice environments - I like the sense of scale in them.

I saw previous misadventures. And I missed those when Zantai will reveal a blurry pictures of something. That would have been good for an misadventure. Keep people minds thinking and guessing. I have to admit artwork on areas are good so there is that.

Mmm, think I do a little more around here than just community management. :cool:

Generally when I “delay” something is cause it’s not ready to be shown to you. :wink:

but i love you guys :stuck_out_tongue: :furious::o:cry::D:p:rolleyes: i have my red days

ok my bad. I bet you deal with 90% of grim dawn decisions now that medierra is busy building towns and villages.

Keep delaying it then. I want my mastery in perfect top shape;) Make it better than all masteries :cool:

Might be buried in the small print of his contract. :wink: But it’s a choice Medierra made when he started all this to keep the fans informed and I’m glad that Zantai agreed to take it on when he joined Crate. Or would you rather have Crate be like other game companies that never tell their fans anything for months or years on end.

We had a big reveal in May with the new movement runes, we’ve had most of the new constellations revealed in either a GM or a stream - they can’t all be big reveals.

Crate will tell/show us more major things when they’re ready. I’d rather they wait until they’re sure everything’s working properly than rush it out just because we can’t be patient.

It’s not a blurry picture but they always have something to keep us guessing. Don’t forget the updated Bulwark of Octavius that we’ve seen. Recently the Aegis set was renamed to Stronghold as well (similar, Necromancer’s Deathgrips were renamed before the expansion released) and so on. Big hints to something important :stuck_out_tongue:

I really like the lava and the rock formations in the first 3 pic are cool.

Nah, it’s not in any contract I have with Crate.

It’s something I naively offered to do when I started and Medierra was more than happy to let me do it. I’m not under any obligation to write these.

But they turned out well, it seems silly to stop.

In case you want something new, there’s also the dev-streams every now and then. In case you’ve missed them, a new mastery/dual-mastery has been seen during stream which is the Sentinel.

Btw, don’t expect shit from Crate because you’ve DONATED them a bunch of money.

They certainly did. :slight_smile: Hope the “tradition” will continue with other Crate games when you’re ready to tell us more about them.

I really like the style of the places in the pictures. However, I prefer wandering through the deserts than through some dark places (yeah, I know it is called Grim Dawn).

I guess, a lot of people would like to have a weekly misadventure :wink:
If you feel like having not enough content to show to the players every week, you can stretch it a little bit. E.g. how about posting some pictures of the finest ingame crates from time to time :smiley:

When I first saw the screenshots, I thought for a second that it wasn’t even from FG but instead maybe a little content update. In my mind, the FG regions all looked like desert with a vulcano at the end. It’s great to see that we will explore more diverse regions than that. Usually, I’m bored the most with desert themed levels since it’s always sand and almost nothing else. Instead I’m thrilled to see something new.

Of course it would be great to see a new mastery. The thing is, when FG releases, I will start a new character in singleplayer mode and I will also start a new character with my friend in coop. Playing AoM was easy, I did a Inquisitor in coop, my friend a Necromancer. In Singleplayer I played a Necromancer, so in sum I experienced both new classes.
If FG didn’t have at least one new mastery, I would have to theorycraft really hard to find 2 new class combinations I haven’t tried and also like. Well, my friend recently suggested to just roll a dice to determine a random combination. Well, we’ll see :smiley:

good point medea. Can’t Imagine Grim Dawn without Zantai. Can you?:undecided: