Grim Misadventure #142: A Shattering Revelation

Not sure how this is against the grain of the rest of Grim Dawn. You acquire unique rewards from nemesis and super bosses already, and the roguelike dungeons have their own unique item drops as well. And…Monster Infrequents?

The majority of Rune Augments are available outside of this game mode, but if you want slightly more powerful ones, you will have to acquire them in the content that necessitates having such power.

Lazy devs…I WANT MY GAME NOW! TAKE MY MONEY. :stuck_out_tongue:

Seriously though, looks awesome as hell, Zantai. I take my hat off to crate.

Interesting, though it seems to be much like greater rifts of Diablo 3 infamy? Timed?.. we’ll see

Meh, more copy of crapiablo 3

Basically rifts are coming to GD.

This looks infinitely interesting.

Please tell me that THIS is endgame content.

I like it, it seems to be some dungeons with mutators that stacks until it becomes too hard.
But are those recycled areas or some new areas or with random elements ?

I love it! =)

So can you already shed some light on if the maps will be static or indeed randomly generated?
And is it roguelike (you die, you lose) or can you enter multiple times?

Looks pretty interesting to try!

It’s probably fixed maps, but randomly chosen and with dynamic obstacles/objects like on regular game zones. Unless they heavily updated engine to be able to fully procedurally generate zones, which I very much doubt.

Hmm cool, any major difference between this and D3 Greater Rifts? There seems to be a time limit and random spawns, are the dungeons also randomly generated?

Looking forward to it :slight_smile:

Love the aesthetics of it, can’t wait to try it out.

I guess there will always be someone complaining no matter what it was.

Cool stuff. Looking forward to hearing more info about this.

Good job as always :cool:

Maybe, kinda. The post doesn´t really give away very much. I hope. :stuck_out_tongue:
Rifts have been asked for repeatedly, so this isn´t much of a surprise, and I am confident, that GD-style rifting will be far more entertaining than in D3.

Or it´s really just a bunch of existing areas slapped together, with a timer and a pinch of crucible. :eek:

Time will tell.

Awesome! Can’t wait to finally play all of this! :slight_smile:

I’m not so sure. I remember Zantai saying that the new game mode will be able do something which everybody thought wouldn’t be possible in GDs engine. Just creating a portal to a random fixed map is nothing spectacular from a software developers point of view. So I think there could be another level of randomization behind this.

Bit worried about all my new early game toons trying this, but what the heck - in for a penny, in for a pound as they say. It’ll certainly test their and my mettle. :smiley:

A new game mode, story, items and lore? Man, this is going to be bigger as AoM is it?

This is something i would like to have in gd since forever. Now i’m a happy child.

Well, I didn’t tinker with GD tools too much, but I’m not so sure if it’s possible now to create portal to random zone. Let alone reset this midgame. Plus just using dynamic obstacles can make pretty randomized zones, blocking certain paths, opening others, etc.