Grim Misadventure #144: Haunted Memories

Hey Folks, It’s me. . .Not Zantai! It seems that sometime over the weekend, our very own esteemed Zantai has vanished into the night, leaving us to fend for ourselves like a pack of feral wolves. Perhaps it was the crushing weight of tweaking countless item stats that finally drove him mad. Or maybe he made peace with his inner demons and joined a group of wandering ascetics to help bring comfort and healing to this wounded land. Or who knows, maybe he’s just off visiting family - really anything is possible at this point.

At any rate, before his departure, he left us a cryptic note scrawled in what appears to be goat’s blood or pasta sauce and possibly some zucchini seeds. After extensive analysis and backbreaking labor, our team of cryptographers have managed to decipher his parting message. In the nature of transparency, we thought it was best to share it with the GD community. Please excuse the legibility and clarity of the message; though we think we have it correctly translated, it’s nature and meaning still remains shrouded in mystery. So, without further ado, here is the message in it’s entirety - make of it what you will:

~

Grim Misdaventures is here with another look behind the curtain of Grim Dawn development.

We had some big reveals for you recently. If you’ve missed them, be sure to catch up on the Shattered Realm and the introduction of Challenge Areas!

Recently, we also had another Dev Livestream, where we answered many of your burning questions and showed you the new game mode in action. If you didn’t have a chance to join us, be sure to watch the recording on Youtube:

//youtu.be/j5pbkmzGGqY

Our livestreams are a great opportunity to hang out with the devs, ask questions and catch spoilers!

Today, we have serving from the monster menagerie for you. A ghastly memory from the days of the Korvan nation.

Eldritch Wraith
Forever tainted by the violent outburst of a rampaging deity, the spirits of the fallen Korvan people knew no rest. Their souls remained, trapped by eldritch energies in the physical world, unable to pass beyond the veil.

And so they remain in their desecrated homes, their cities, their temples; their very existence driving them to madness and volatility. The presence of the living is like an insult to them, so they seek to drive it out by any means they can.

Some do so directly, sharing their burning rage and madness with any foolish enough to venture into the Korvan lands. Others still find other means…

Eldritch Armor
Forged by Korvan smiths centuries ago and worn by the finest Korvan soldiers, the armor was a testament to a thriving nation, before it was all decimated by a forgotten force. This same armor now serves as a vessel for the tormented spirits of the Korvan people.

Some eldritch wraiths possess such armor to regain some semblance of control over the physical realm. Others, still bound by the Oaths they swore in life, stand guard over the cities and temples they were bound to protect. To those spirits, not even death frees them from their eternal vows.

Whether sworn guardians or maddened souls, these are the beings you will have to contend with if you seek to unravel the secrets of the Korvan people and their Forgotten God. Take care in battle, however, as merely destroying the armor may not be enough to banish the spirit inhabiting it.

Like knowing what is coming up next for Grim Dawn? Check back on 08/20/2018 for the next Grim Misadventure.

Attachment: EldritchArmor01.jpg
Attachment: Wraith_Eldritch01.jpg

1 Like

That’s unique a Grim Misadventure not made by Zantai. :slight_smile:

The armor needs to be an actual set for the player because it looks awesome.

The Eldritch Wraith image is not showing up for me.

That armor look totally badass. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, if the “leak” was accurate and not an elaborate set up by Crate then the new Mastery will be Oathkeeper and you’ll notice “Oath” is capitalized on the description…

My bet is that the above set is the new Oathkeeper set.

Very well could be wrong though.

no oathkeeper news? :smiley:

That ~ sign would that represent a ingame console?

YT link is dead also. I am thoroughly disappointed.

No Grim Misadventure for whatever reason I can live with, but this is more like Grim Mishap #1.

:undecided:

Thanks, fixed (hopefully)

Wow !!! Niceee

Yes it’s working now and dear God that looks awsome. :stuck_out_tongue:

Omg the Eldritch set really need to be obtainable <3
Btw i still have probs with the YT

Yes, the youtube link doesn’t work. Wraith is fixed now. Looks badass as does the armour. Nice work by the artists again. Awesome!

Apparently there was an issue translating the message, should be resolved now.

Yes, it’s working now Allminoxy.

Yes working as intended as Zantai would say :wink:

I guess we won’t be hearing from el critico anymore.

there is no date of the next update.

That would be the 20th August.

I don’t usually care about such things, but these look awesome!