Grim Misadventure #148: Korvan Legend

Unless they add gun/melee combo (Not impossible, they just need to assign an if(melee range, melee weapon) else ranged)

It’s gonna be wild :D:rolleyes::stuck_out_tongue:

Very cool looking items, I’m excited! :slight_smile:

That bonewraith shoulder!!!

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

% Reduction to health on it’s own isn’t a good source of damage as it uses current health rather than max health so it gets weaker as an enemy loses health I think.

My guess as to why the mod is there is supplemental AoE for Cadence for faster trash clear.

I heard there would be a mythical version of the Perdition set. Will other items get mythical versions, like the Gunslinger Jacket for example? Items that have a base and an empowered version but no mythical version.

I agree that’s the intent, but even with 2000% bonus to pierce and 100% pierce RR you’re hitting for 16k when a Derm Weevil has 28k HP. And unless you’re going Warborn, this is all on a 7s cooldown. Blademaster has RoS or Doomforce, both of which have a shorter cooldown, weapon damage, and better chaff-killing abilities.

Not sure where you’re getting those numbers from unless you’re using Warborn’s modifier numbers as an estimate and working off of those?

If the issue with War Cry’s damage modifiers are that it is not doing enough damage for it’s intention, then they can always increase it’s damage until it is satisfactory, no need to scrap the idea entirely.

On a side note, Ring of Steel requires investing into it to make it into your AoE killer and Doomforce takes your relic slot, both have more of a cost than War Cry’s skill modifier. Both of them also have a smaller radius than softcapped War Cry (assuming you don’t have another source of reduced target’s damage, you will softcap it for that alone).

In this case, I’m using the average numbers (400 pierce) for the pistol in the OP. You also have to consider that the pistol takes up a weapon slot, and probably a medal as well, since soldier doesn’t have the damage output to effectively play pistol/shield builds and would probably dual-wield. Giving War Cry pierce RR would actually offer alternatives to the Grip of Unchained Might and its RoS mod.

Pretty sure those numbers are with % bonuses already taken into account so base values would be less. This does mean that it would probably do slightly less damage than what you estimated.

You also have to consider that the pistol takes up a weapon slot, and probably a medal as well, since blademaster doesn’t have the skills to effectively play pistol/shield builds and would probably dual-wield. Giving War Cry pierce RR would actually offer alternatives to the Grip of Unchained Might and its RoS mod.

Keep in mind that Blademaster is only one combo out of a fair few that you could do with the gun and I think would be inferior to Tactician in this case.

I am not against them giving War Cry a modifier for flat Pierce RR.

Myth Warborn Gavel has 145-325 flat phys, so those numbers could be a little high. On the other hand, it could just be consistent with pierce resist being a little higher across the board, or compensation for soldier having less pierce support than phys.

With two of these guns, Tactician would have pure pierce versions of seal, word of pain, and runes for AoE. I doubt the additional few points from War Cry would do much.

The idea of blasting a whole screen of enemies away by yelling loudly is appealing, but the numbers just don’t match up to the vision. Although I will admit that a) it saves a lot of time breaking boxes and b) both the pistol and warborn mace are incredibly strong even without the mod.

You’re not wrong that Inquisitor has plenty of sources of AoE, but hey, you’re gonna cap War Cry anyway for that reduced target’s damage (since you won’t be going Censure) so nothing wrong with getting a free 16 meter trash shredder centred on your character.

both the pistol and warborn mace are incredibly strong even without the mod.

This is also true :slight_smile:

Still criminal lack of eldritch-themed gear. You know, something to fit Eldritch Gaze? Shame.

Shoulders look gorgeous but stat wise look a bit useless, like a plethora of legendary shoulders we have now that are never used by anyone.

This pistol though, it is absolutely disgustingly op. I am guessing that Righteous fervor is an auto attack, right? So two pistols that give total 36% weapon damage to an autoattack + inquisitor’s wps fully converted to pierce is going gamebreaking, damn.

It’ll probably be changed to a flat damage bonus, still OP tho. Compare it to 2h savagery vindicator which is already very strong and has similar skill mods (40%WD on savagery with bow and bloodrager helm). That’s without converting all the WPS to lightning. This one converts all the WPS too it’s absurd (even if you reduce conversion on weapon there’s bladetwister ring). Also there would most likely be an armor with WD bonus to Righteous fervor for melee considering that’s more of an Oathkeeper theme than ranged.

awesome items! can’t wait to see them all in action :slight_smile:

Oh yea, those shoulders are giving me impure thoughts…

Edit: in other news, the Oathbearer looks OP af

And in today’s latest damage converter wish, I’m hoping Righteous Fervor has a cold conversion piece of equipment. That isn’t a melee weapon.

The plan? Dual pistol Paladin (Have Guns…), with RF, cold Vire’s Might (…Will Travel), Chilling Rounds off of RF, and Rune of Hagarrad.

Of course, there’s still six more Oathkeeper skills to discover…

Disgusting…I love it.

Do keep in mind that I’m not likely to care if they weaken RoH. The pattern of attack and the presence of the Biting Cold debuffs are sufficient to me.

(General idea: Lay a Rune in their path, pelt them with shots, Vire’s Might through them when they get too close, repeat. Only annoying bit is that there isn’t a way to slow popcorn enemies’ motion–I don’t expect to slow bosses, that much I’m sure of.)

Admittedly, if there isn’t a ranged-compatible converter for RF, I’d just take a fire-oriented route, replacing Hagarrad with Kalastor. Of course, that opens up Flames of Ignaffar, Eye of Reckoning, and Conjure Guardian of Empyrion.

I don’t think I’d take them all at once, though.

And really, I’ve settled on Paladin for RP reasons. From the skill names, the Oathkeeper and Inquisitor are the most appealing of the masteries (Shaman and Demolitionist are too vicious, Occultist and Necromancer are too icky, Arcanist and Soldier are too sere, and Nightblade just barely lost out to Inquisitor…and that might depend on my mood). Of course, with six skill names yet to be revealed, there might be something unnerving about the Oathkeeper I’ve yet to see. (Inquisitor is marred a little by Word of Agony, and Nightblade by Anatomy of Murder. Matter of determining the usual mindsets of those masteries…)

you sir have a good future ahead of you;) Once you play paladin you will never try something else, guaranteed.:cool:

And Misadventure Monday again awaits us. What could possibly hype us this time?:stuck_out_tongue: