Grim Misadventure #155: Refined Loot

Its useful because user can customize part of the UI. You (and me) don’t need such functionality but someone will be thankful for that.

Indeed. However it does not negate the usefulness of a filter. Their imagination seems rather limited to me. The filter itself allows you to quickly identify items that fall within your parameters (which is the important part). You can use the keybinds (currently) to “see all” after that point and scoop up the rest if you so desire. Which is clunky because it shows you literally all items when perhaps you’d rather just quickly see all Greens. Which is where my proposed filter profiles comes in to play.

Considering they use the term cheated in their post, the rest seems irrelevant. If a person is “cheating” in their game, then why use a loot filter, just use GD Stash and create items until you get what you want. You can also give yourself all the iron bits you want via GD Stash.

So if the person is using the loot filter just for greens and then sell them to make iron, that seems like the perfect use for the loot filter.

Well my personal solution is to just toggle rares on filter customization. I don’t feel like pushing alt everytime, would be a stepback in quality of life.

That’s the way I used to have it. Instead of Alt tho I use E to show all Magic+ and left the filter at Rares.

Now tho we have the opportunity to customize the filter specifically for loot for our toons. The downside is that to change it you have to open up that screen every single time and check or uncheck a lot of little boxes. Or press the see all key. Which stinks, honestly.

Multiple keybindable filter profiles. I’m telling ya guys, that’s where it’s at. The filter itself is awesome but it’s so limited in capability in the current scheme. Give it multiple profiles that you can slap keybinds on tho, well that changes things and it becomes extremely powerful, and quick, and useful.

that or just buff raw iron bits drops so we can afford to filter whatever we want without starving on money (i’m looking at you stoneplate boots crafting)

I highly doubt they are going to do anything like buff iron drops just because you filtered things out. All they need to do is implement something like my proposal that allows you to switch the filter on the fly easily and then there is no excuse that you can’t easily both use your filter to identify sought after items AND quickly see other items (specifically the items that you want to see) to grab for selling.

people cry and cry aboot not being able to filter things out, they then give you a truly great filter and they cry some more.

Personally outside of skipping standard and elite and the shattered realm, the filter is the best thing they are adding to the game with the expansion.

i’ve never said i don’t like the filter (not that i tried it) i actually think it’s something nice to have.

It is nice indeed. It’s “almost” perfect actually. So close you can almost taste it.

I just love the new filter. I spent more time sorting trash in crucible that I farmed crucible =) Faster sorting->faster farming->more build options to play the game.

I have to disagree. Of course, you will miss out Iron-Bits in that Context, because you pick up less of the Drops sure, but than again you get more time for grinding and fill your bag with items which could be a good addition for your Build / Equip instead of gather pretty useless stuff. Because if Iron-Bits are the Issue here, than why put on an Filter to begin with, why don’t gater common and magic item as well? As recently one of my friends started with GD he asked me if it’s usefull to gather Magic Items for Money, in my opinion sure in the early game, it can be helpfull but at the point where greens drop more often it’s better to skip on the magical items, because the time which use for the backtravel every 5 minutes, to sell crap which doesn’t give you much to begin with, and also to sort out items you might or not might need will be traded of for the time which you can spent into hack’n’slash through hordes and gather items which could be helpfull for you, and now you even get the chance to filter out more specific. So my whole Point, the money issue will be balanced by itself due you will focus on more grinding, which means more items anyway instead of inventory management, and even IF not, if you have iron-bit issues than like Powban pointed out, you simply could use sometimes alt to show all items and pick them up.

Also i want to point out, with your whole “cheating” argument it feels pretty salty in your end which isn’t an valid point anyway (and like someone mentioned above doesn’t make sense to begin with). If i use this filters, than it have nothing to do with “cheating money” into the Game(i’m an legit player, and except the one time where i give me the necklace for the secret questline, because i didn’t know it was an quest item, there was no clue it is one, and the folks [even legit player] said it was to okey for this one particular item to use grim tool or however it was called, i never would cheat and if you look at my character plus money, you would see i’m no cheat and i don’t have tons of money)
but moreover because i want to focus on items which i find usefull to my build instead of focusing getting iron-bits. If i would focus on the second point alone, i would argue after awhile the game will become a chore, that’s why i’m even toggle of greens sometimes, even if i could miss out good greens, because there are way to often things which i don’t need, and i don’t play an inventory-managment-selling-simulator. This Filter however will allow me to toggle on even Greens and such which could be good for my build, while i enjoy the game(and like i’d argue still will get enough money to cater my needs).

this is a fair point we just to wait release and try it.

I understand that the loot filter changes aren’t for everyone but it can also work exactly like it does now. All this does is add more customization to what shows. How is that a bad thing?

Is this honestly an argument? You are arguing the uselessness of a feature based on cheating. The second you cheat, you can no longer complain about a feature being useless.

You will probably hate me for this, but i must say the new “exclusive” set looks meh. Just a recolored version of old existing items in Gd. I was expecting new item design especially on legendaries, not this kind of recycled/recolored version of items.

Reading some comments actually makes me think if this is Grim Dawn forum or Twitch chat.

For further explanation, this is what we have now:

And this what we’ll get:

What is the difference? None, only additional, OPTIONAL buttons you DO NOT have to check. You want only legendary items? Uncheck literally anything but “legendary”, want only rare+ items? Check “rare”, “monster infrequent”, “epic” and “legendary”. There’s literally no change to the old filter at this point, you’re just throwing shit on the window and saying it’s because of the rain, even though you live on the second floor. That’s just genius.

This loot filter is fantastic and that’s great news thanks so much.

All that’s really left on my wishlist is a built in item vault so I can stop messing around with external tools, turning off cloud saving, etc. I would gladly pay $5-10 for such a feature as a separate DLC too.

Edit: Oh yeah the auto pickup for components and bits would be nice too! Maybe worked in as some kind of lore related pet thing.

They said multiple times this is not gonna happen for components, if you want mod it.

Just adding my two cents here. I agree with powbam.