Grim Misadventure #155: Refined Loot

I kinda agree, now that I think of it, for people who play legit and craft a lot and for anyone with less than a few hundred hours these filters might turn out to be quite useless. Myself, before I hit 500 hours I’d been picking even yellows, let alone greens, just to afford occasional crafting or trade. Just sharing my experience.

For true QoL similar filters should be applied to inventory and “sell all” command should be added. Even after you learn all the affixes and don’t need to look at stats selling loot takes forever. GI has auto pickup so I’m not mentioning that.

I’ve said this in the Steam forum, but seems it bears worth repeating here…

On the contrary, we expect the average player to get a lot of use out of this filter.

The statistics you linked actually support this. Most players don’t care about min-maxing loot, or crafting a ton of stuff, or saving up gear for new characters. They will play the game through once, maybe not even all the way through, and they just want the one character they have to be awesome.

Currently, if they are looking for armor for their class or a particular weapon category, they are out of luck. Need to analyze every item that drops whether it’s an upgrade.

Now here comes the loot filter that let’s them worry less about sifting through every item that drops and instead just pick up the things they care about.

You are also looking at this feature in vacuum. What if say items sold for less and iron bit drops were increased…

OMG this would be amazeballs. no more selling!!

Yes, that would solve potential problems with insufficient funds. But I’m not 100% convinced that going further in the direction of eliminating an important aspect of arpg - collecting loot for money - is best for your game.

I’m not trying to criticize the filter. It’s good, great even. I’m just wondering, why not implement similar QoL solutions for players who do care about topping their iron?

I can’t imagine a 12% loss of item value and a 30% gain in iron bits found will let down those who enjoy selling loot for money.

I feel that a Sell All command would encourage behavior that would be detrimental to the average player.

Fantastic, cannot wait to have this implemented.

As long as you can keep the end result around what it is now I wouldn’t care. I rather like the current outcome by just getting auto-iron drops and selling greens only I can average around 100K by the time I trample Warden, doing full map clears once up to, around level 25 give or take.

Maybe there 's a better solution - just make the sell prices of double-greens, MIs, legendaries, blueprints several times higher?

I feel like expansion is extremely close to release =) Will we see Grimtools uptade in next weak misadventure? I can`t wait to see the possibilities of new content =)

Median XL literally just did this and it is fantastic.

Being a part of every game in the genre doesn’t automatically make a feature enjoyable. Inventory management and vending loot for currency are boring AF.

That is a good partial solution. In order to make it complete, it would be perfect to massively increase iron bit drops, set all the sell prices to 0 and allow iron bit transfer to mules (because for some reason all the mess with mules is officially claimed to be more convenient and fun than having wider/unlimited shared stash).

Nope, because there isn’t one next week. 4th February will be the next one.

If i had to place a bet i would say mid march, the release i mean. Damn i quoted the wrong post. I’m not aging well…

Mixed feelings, depending on number of business day burned on the feature.
You want to please your fans? Add “always show double rare MI”. :slight_smile:

Again, I need a date!!!
Not that date date, but dateee dateee!!

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Dunno if you’re going to get a date yet but it might be slightly portentous that last night in the wee hours (US time) Rhis released the translation files to the community translators. Can’t be all that far off now :cool:

Forgotten Gods Translation

no one ever claimed that… the actual claim is that a larger stash makes you sort and evaluate gear to keep even more, which is detrimental to the overall enjoyment if the game for the majority of people - that there are a few packrats that cannot help themselves or even enjoy this notwithstanding

Guess your mixed feelings change.

Love this QOL update. I hate having to show loot for MI’s lol.

At least this is a natural consequence of the claim. At least for the “minority” who do not consider gear to be detrimental to the overall enjoyment of the game. Actually, if there is a person who would not enjoy a wider/unlimited stash, he would be free to refrain from using it.