Grim Misadventure #155: Refined Loot

agreed, those have to jump through hoops

Actually, if there is a person who would not enjoy a wider/unlimited stash, he would be free to refrain from using it.

that never works. If you offer more space, people will use it, whether it ultimately negatively affects them or not.
You mighty as well hand out 5 skill points per level and want people to only use 3 as otherwise they become OP and ruin the game. In the end almost everyone will end up using those 5 points…

You might as well hand out attribute points every level and give people three options to spend them in with one option being OP compared to the others when it comes to end game viability. In the end almost everyone will spend them in that option…

I did see somewhere that they’re addressing this in FG, right?

I’d still like more storage space without having to use mods…

lol, that is bad balancing more than anything. My point was that expecting players to use self-restraint to not negatively affect their enjoyment does not work, you need actual enforced restrictions

I did see somewhere that they’re addressing this in FG, right?

1.1.0.0, not FG itself, i.e. it will be available to anyone, whether you have FG or not.

What is refined loot?

the title of this misadventure, see the OP for what it is about (i.e. a much improved item filter)

^- This.
Even if it’s about freedom and sandbox nature, the dev’s need some limitations / restriction behind the scene to lead their players so the whole gameflow doesn’t become a mess and lose the experience the devs initial have in mind. Almost every option devs offer their gaming community encourage them to using them, and also give the vibe of “that’s how it is meant to play” and for the whole Stash Argument, atleast as far as i understood (the devs should correct me if i’m wrong) the idea of GD isn’t that you hoard tons of items which you might or might not need in the future, but moreover work with what you have and sort out the stuff you really need. So if they add unlimited Stash it would kinda kill this purpose and encourage every player to use that, would make an different gameplay-experience which might not fit their initial idea & vision. And due Modding is also part of their issue, i don’t see the problem for using certain tools to fix it yourself, if you find that concept an problem.

Actually this would be a pretty bad idea and i’d argue the majority of people wouldn’t enjoy that, because it would devalue Items and also would make picking this items up more an chore than rewarding, because as it is now, even if you up items which are worse then yours or don’t even work with your build, the time you spent on it you get still something out of it(Iron Bits), and unlike Diablo 2 the Iron-bits in GD actually worth something.

If they would set the price to 0, you most likely wouldn’t bother to pick this items up, because if you do so, you actually do uncessary work because you will throw them out of your inventory anyway (or sell them at the vendor, which would than again nothing change to what it was before, except it would feel kinda punishing due you don’t get something for the items you sell), so i’d argue most would hover over the items, which than again become more timeconsuming and kills the gameflow…

So no i have to disagree, if they add it that way zantai teasered, than i would argue it’s perfect…

No filter for health regen and energy regen?

That is the thing!))
The devs would show consistency if there was ONLY a limited shared stash - no char stashes and inventories. Now we have the means to endlessly collect gear, but doing it in an inconvenient way.

The problem with Grim Dawn is that the great variety of items and builds is disproportionate to the size (and in-game sorting tools) of the shared stash. You never know what a build you will want to play in a year and throwing out legendary sets means 1) no feeling of reward for accomplishments and 2) a decreased incentive to return to the game.

I personally had never created mules before December - only a few retired hardcore veterans. The rest was dismantled. And then the news about set item conversion mechanics at the tinkerer. Bah! And then the first softcore Crucible Gladiator. Bah! Bah!

This is a pointless exercise. For one doing away with the char inventory altogether makes picking things up impossible, so that is not really an option.
That leaves not having a personal stash, but if you are determined to use mules, I doubt not having a personal stash will stop you either as all it does is make it even more inconvenient as you need more mules.

At the same time, it also becomes inconvenient to other players, not just hoarders, so I assume that is where the line is being drawn. You want to discourage hoarding but not to the point that absolutely preventing it results in inconveniences for the regular players.

And the final nail in the coffin of this approach is that you cannot really prevent hoarding this way anyway, as players could just copy different shared stashes in and out of the save dir, thereby circumventing any restriction you impose on the char inventory.

I really do not understand why anyone uses mules in the first place, given that copying stashes is so much faster and more convenient than mules, as you do not have to leave the game and switch chars (and play them to the point where they can access the shared stash).

I’d much appreciate to have to option to break down an item (for no resources gain) if you want to reverse engineer and get the blueprint for future needs. End of the stash problem and the feel of having to leave things behind - the latter sometimes being the reason people give up on games like this.

This is an amazing idea.

Enable picking up items into a shared stash section which would be accessible at a distance. Сheckmate! :smiley:

First of all, there is a caste of dumb people like me who never thought about that.
Second, some people prefer to play games as intended by devs (i.e. using in-game means only) while manipulations with files violate this concept and immersion and blablabla.
Third, there is a risk of accidental cheating with copying components and other things.
Fourth, the game (at least in my case) occasionally crashes upon collapsing the game window.

If the crafting cost would be reasonable (please no farming Ugdenbloom for hours), this would truly be an optimal solution!
For example, you break down a 94lvl legendary item and get an Orange Blueprint of that item and a new material called Log. Crafting items with Orange Blueprint requires a Log (or a few).

Hell, I’d even PAY resources to “extract blueprint” and not deal with stash clutter.

DITTO to that please!!! I would send you monies!!! :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

What he said.

Please let us have a shared iron bank option. :p:rolleyes::cool:

Add it to shared/personal stash & inventory :p:rolleyes::cool: already. Even in future patch would be worth the wait IMHO.

I won’t use it BUT it is nice to have the option should I ever reach the top 1% geared/monied level on one of my 35 characters. :eek::p:rolleyes::cool:

Count me in on that point, Good Sir. :cool: