Grim Misadventure #156: Korvan Cartography

We are here, and so is a Grim Misadventure!

Last time, we revealed our big feature for v1.1.0.0, the overhauled Loot Filter! This awesome new feature is coming to all versions of the game with the patch coinciding with the Forgotten Gods expansion’s release.

We’ve had some significant updates since then though, in case you’ve missed them.

First up, we’ve updated the Game Guide with tons of information on all of the content and features coming in Forgotten Gods. It’s another massive expansion and we can’t wait to get it into your hands.

Today, we are pleased to share with you some treats from the artist department. Fresh from the easel, we have for you the final world map for the Korvan Basin, the forgotten land of the Korvan people who vanished following cataclysmic disaster.

Forgotten Gods features some of the most diverse environments we’ve done to date and it’s become a real treat to explore. Rumor is, you may find yourself beyond the veil, traversing other physical realms teeming with potential…and danger.

With the release rapidly approaching later this quarter, one of the last things to come online is item art, and the artists aren’t disappointing. Enjoy this first look at two of the upcoming Legendary sets:

The Blightlord

Ghol’s Malice

Like knowing what is coming up next for Grim Dawn? Check back on 02/18/2019 for the next Grim Misadventure.

Nice! Let’s go!

Also +1 for Ghols Malice helm, extremely unique

Was the Blightlord set already revealed on a stream? It feels familiar. And cool.

And no trailer/release date :frowning:

Absolutely gorgeous and the map looks awsome!

where is the trailer? <3

Not ready yet! :smiley:

Everyting is gorgeous and all but i begin to suspect than we’ll have to wait March for the release. I already said that on another topic but that map is absolutely awesome.

Now all i can imagine is that map art in a wall! What a piece of art!

Blightlord caught my attention since the first time I’ve seen it. It looks both cool and disgusting. Think I’m going to make my first FG build with this set.

Would be nice to have that map as a wallpaper, but of course 90 degrees rotated. (hint hint ;))

So… no feb release then. :cry:

please let the trailer be on the next misadventure plus the release date if you can. We need the release date so we can chart our course and apply for leave!:wink:

I’m looking forward to making a character for Ghol’s Malice.

I am still failing to understand what is randomized in the Shattered Realm. Monsters? Modifiers (obviously, yes)? Maps?

Technically, that’s still on track for a Q1 release. :slight_smile:

There are more than 4 days in February. So we may get lucky.

The maps are hand crafted, however the map rotation is random.

I really just want the GrimTools updates so I have enough time to thoroughly theorycraft before release.

Yes. :smiley:

10chars

I know that after this Grim misadventure i realized that the game will be released max 10-20 of March even tho it hurts but oh well C’Est La Vie :frowning:
Now lets everyone blame Grava for not having ready the trailer lol :>
Come on Zanta we should get a release day atleast ;p

Haha could you imagine the trailer saying
COMING SOON Q1 2019 lul

Maps to the extent that when you change floors in the SR you get a random map. Not so much in the randomization of the actual map layout.