Grim Misadventure #170 - A Crucible of Sights

Oops, yes my bad!

I just dont recall there being THIS much extra space earlier in prior versions of the game. I could have overlooked it though.

Still, being conceived to be expansive is telling of Crates potential vision to build a little more in this area of the game, should other areas no longer be logical or realistic targets for expansion…

Yup. Were definitely getting new constellations.

This post dedicated to @malawiglenn

1 Like

To be fair they’ve pretty much always been like that. Devotions were added into the game in 2015 some months before the game released. They already knew they were making a first expansion (AoM) after that point so it only makes sense that they would be prepared to possibly expand such areas. Like eis says I wouldn’t read anything into the fact that there is extra “space” there. It doesn’t imply that there will be anymore expacs anymore than the fact that there is extra space on the world map.

2 Likes

Only its been clearly stated there will not ever be any more expacs, but to the best of my knowledge has never been stated that there will not ever be any new constellations added.

You can take both and safely assume they mean exactly the same thing. Without an expansion it is unlikely we see any official new masteries, without new masteries we will not be seeing any new constellations. One begets the other.

While its possible they “might” decide to tweak something that might call for a new devotion I’d wager any such circumstance would be very rare to occur and not worth holding your breath over. Devotions largely hinge upon the masteries and skills of the game and they all go hand-in-hand.

I don’t see that area being filled. Given the extent of power that the constellation map exhibits, e.g. progression in power as you expand out, then anything beyond the outer edge would imply it being even more potent and THAT would introduce a MASSIVE amount of balancing issues to contend with. Much the same a new mastery would. The resources to go into that would require something on the scale of an expansion DLC and given it’s been stated that financial gain really is NOT the prime motivator in them wanting to do this I think it’s likely not going to happen.

On a side note, as an artist, I have never understood stories/books/movies/tvshows that go on and on and on. I’m more than content to tell a story with some characters and then move on rather than staying with the same character over and over and over again. After a while, the shark gets jumped. I’ve seen this ruin ‘franchises’ way more often than it’s paid off. I kind of appreciate Crate for saying, you know, it’s at a high note. Let’s go out now so the game will always be remembered on a high note.

:sob:

5 Likes

Are you fulfilling your desire to write a book? Ah, then it would have to be word, but not character count… :grimacing:

I mean, I already did, it just wasn’t very good!. :smiley:

A trunk novel? I heard that’s how you start a writing career.

2 Likes

By the time we are going to be finished reading the patch notes, 1.1.8 might already be out.

Never heard the term before, but yeah, that would be an apt description.

I’ve since written notes for a complete rewrite, but never actually put it into a story. Ended up using the setting/plot for a D&D campaign with my friends.

2 Likes

Need to do to split the message in two?

Maybe it will, because the huge text on the forum may not pull.

I think that it is necessary to divide type 1 part, then the second part, right?

If it is possible to change the tactical method?

What I found first: http://ericsanjuan.com/trunk-novel-what-hell-is-trunk-move/

1 Like

Probably as many of those hiding in trunks, etc, as there are novels that have been published. :smile:

100% guilty as charged here.

The classic Barry Sanders strategy. I can dig it.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve got a few hiding as well. :rofl:

Okay, NOW I want to read it.

This is 98% of the stuff I write. Maybe 99 but I’ve been told to be nicer to myself. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Yeah. I’ve wondered why they continue to release patches as well. However there is no doubt they have a great reputation for continued support, this will only bring in more sales, and we don’t really know the figures on sales do we? So we can’t really comment how worthwhile it is.

There is also the xbox release that is up and coming (I say that but it has been a while since it was announced), and updates help up the surge in sales that will see too.

1 Like