Grim Misadventure #171 - Expanded Horizons

Yes! Let us complete some quests to repair cities, bridges and stuff!

After all, GD is not only about defeat countless enemies, GD is also about make the world a better place!

5 Likes

Zantai, we have 6 weeks vacation next week. And travel is limited because of Corona. Can you get the update v1.1.8.0 out by next week? You can glue the bridge together, pls. Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

3 Likes

13 Likes

yes! grim dawn is not about grimness all the time! its also about bringing green dawn! turning the aether/chaos infested lands back into fertile green meadows for better life!

unfortunately, green dawn is also about rot. green rot. green poison-damage-is-the-best-according-to-dreeg rot.

2 Likes

I wonder if this would connect to the upcoming new area near Burrwitch? If not would like to be able to go there.

1 Like

That’s what Zantai is referring to here:

4 Likes

I’m not so sure ; there’s a new bridge in Burrwitch, just before the Seal leading to Malmouth. It’d be more logical to see that church there.

There’s a reason he mentioned the “datamined” bit - you can take it on good faith that East Marsh and Burrwitch are “where it’s at”.

the location Eawyne mentioned is in Burrwitch too…

/10char

That’s a not so subtle clue. I guess I could just come right out and say hey… that pic? Yeah. Throw some bologna on dat sammwich, some cheese, mebbe some toemAHtoe and lettuce n smash it all together and you, my friend have the beginnings of a beeyootifull Dagwood.

blondie_large

Still not clear? OK then Cap’n!

Burrwitch is POINT A - East Marsh is POINT C (or we could role reverse em?). Zantai’s lil picture… POINT B? What’s dat spell?

This is wonderful news! I am enjoying the v1.1.7.1 update, but I seriously think I’ll like v1.1.8.0 even better. :+1: :smiley:

1 Like

I just noticed all the lines that point to this spot on the coast. Now I’m itching to explore East Asterkarn :smile:
After all those sunny holiday themed areas, Grim Dawn needs more harsh cold environments to live up to the name :wink:

4 Likes

To me, the depiction in the Shrine of the Forgotten God always looked like a door.

When I first got there, I remember spending a looong time trying to ge through it, rotating the camera to see if a could spot something. At that time it just felt like such an underused location with so much potential imo.

It would be so nice to explore a hidden and ruined temple with heaps of lore!

1 Like

i second the hell out of this, frosty snowlands would be great.

The question of asking what areas id like to explore is so hard to answer because the way Crate meticulously designed every map, there are so many possibilities on each one that could be super cool and that id love to see. I made a post earlier, when i was in the throes of passionate excitement about this and couldnt contain it, to the demise of my articulation capabilities at the time…

I said “so many boats, so little time”. Were I to unpack this statement, it would mean, there are so so so many old rickety boats that could be made to transport us to places, these other areas, many have mentioned these boats and areas already but probably the one ive always wanted to use the most would be the one by Isaac’s corpse.

Now, where it would go? I dont know. Thats early game so, its hard because that whole area is already pretty fleshed out… but i mean, hell, maybe it could lead to an underground cave system or something. What do you guys think? Where could that boat bring us?

Ive always loved the idea of there being areas built into early game maps that are impossible to access on your first playthrough of act 1 exclusively, without skipping into a further act (Dynamite blocked walls), areas thats are created for the player to see and wonder about in the early game, to return to later after theyve collected the proper tools to gain access, you know, that metroidvania element!

Perhaps this boat could be something like that!

3 Likes

Burrwitch Slums, Old Grove south of Devils Crossing, those many bridges west of Ugdenbog

100% agree about this

1 Like

i want to know whats ahead

Hunger. /10char

8 Likes

It would be Nice to have a zone with shapshifter tribes, and maybe a shapshifter class :innocent:

Welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

Shapeshifting’s been asked for before, but shapeshifting with dual mastery classes is a nightmare to make/balance and certainly won’t happen for this game. Zantai’s said no more masteries unless there’s a new expansion and there won’t be any more expansions for the game.

1 Like