Grim Misadventure #171 - Expanded Horizons

I’d love to see more snow-covered areas :smiley:

I just noticed the file name for that image is “Burrwitch Cathedral.” The other one is the Arkovian Coliseum.

2 Likes

I’d also love to see the bridge between Old Arkovia and the mines be rebuildable (since you can literally walk to either side and see mobs on the far side).

I’d also love to someday see a new dungeon featuring the Slith. My first thought for a possible adventure thread is the idea that the Slith have decided that they want a deity, whether by coaxing some old, sleeping entity to agree to take them under its protection, ascending one of their own via some sort of ritual, or what-have-you; if it’s an ascension, there should be some dialogue (maybe Mogdrogen again, asking you to help him stop this abomination? could be anyone tho, so long as they can somehow acquire some insight into the Slith psyche) where someone says that either they won’t use the First Slith Ellena because she’s too mentally unstable, or that you killed her before they could get started (depending on if that quest is done first) and they’re not sure if that’s a good thing as if she had been the one to be ascended it’s possible she could’ve self-destructed, but on the other hand she could’ve caused insane damage if she had been ascended successfully.

In that big blue area on the left, it was originally one of the four hills. I recall there being undead there, and maybe some cronley guys. The idea was that you slowly transitioned from cronley to undead when you crossed hill after hill.

This thread turned into a wish list.
Thanks Crate for whatever you’re still doing for the game. My wish is that these new areas match the existing designs.

1 Like

Well, he would ask. :rofl:

If you/he expected anything else …

2 Likes

I think Crate has no plans for GD2 at the moment , but i can prophesy properly looking at their dev updates road map that They are clearly prepping up for GD1 2.0., an overhaul of vanilla grim dawn +all dlcs into one cohesive new experience complete with new locations, new boss mechanics, brand new classes??? :sweat_smile:, or enemy types and items. They are partially doing this now. This will be similar to how Firaxis did for XCOM enemy unknown and XCOM2 with their Enemy within and WOTC expansion packs, but again Crate willl disappointingly offer theirs for free again… smh

Anyway I cant wait for the awaited version 2.0 expansion . :sweat_smile:

Yeah, good idea. I remember in the alpha there were some undead to the west of Cronley’s mine entrance the outlaws were fighting.
Also, Shamblers are totally super rare, they should be added to more maps. Maybe have some special drops too, like stone shields.

Obviously today is a tremendous day for me personally, and I would like to thank Zantai for not taking out a restraining order against me as at times my campaign has used some unorthodox tactics. I’m particularly sorry about the pizza incident.

However, I’d like to pass on the thanks of my good friends, the long-suffering Deathmarks Kadris, Vallar and Harra, who have spent many years marooned in Pine Barrens. They now look forward to the chance to swap their dangerous, brutal posting full of manticores to a brutal, dangerous posting full of undead. For this, they cannot be more grateful.

My work here is done. So finally, I’d like to thank my agent, my mother and the Three Witch Gods.

Goodnight

sniffles emotionally

11 Likes

well played, mate

Area beyond the bridge in East Marsh.

Already happening with the new Burrwitch area.

The missing OG GD “beast” nemesis should be a teamed-up pair of a Slith and a troll andor Groble.

Can’t wait to explore the new areas also what happened to solael dreeg and bysmiel ? :thinking:

whats in there?

4 Likes

that’s the trap door to devil’s crossing aquifier and viloth’s lair. maybe crate missed removing the trap door version in bourbon clone’s dimension? or crate is secretly planning for a special slith dungeon hidden there?

1 Like

This. It always bothered me that it was a hidden area but without the typical hidden area chest or corpse there…

1 Like

Hi Crate,
I’ve just registered to write this one message.

I would never have guessed, having spent my teens and twenties in a fog of time-wasting-that-is-gaming, that I would in the end spend the most ever hours on a game I stumbled upon in my forties. Props to you guys!

So I have to inform you that any new region that you add to this gorgeous monstrosity of a time sink will seriously impact my economical functionality. Every broken bridge in Cairn that I’ve stumbled upon has only ever itched me to cross that unstable structure with determination that something’s out there guaranteed to be phenomenal. Every such bridge, Crate, that you repair, is less time I work or spend with my family.

So, think carefully, Crate, think carefully.

On a more serious note:
Fix everything so we can get everywhere is what I’m saying.

:slight_smile:

16 Likes

There is still hope for Blackwood Manor then ? :slight_smile:

Where is that?