Grim Misadventure #171 - Expanded Horizons

A vanilla beast Nemesis is more suitable for them imo

Perhaps have something to do with how their host view the groble itself, there is several instances that hint the populace of Erulan to think that groble is a weak creature and making them ignorant of how dangerous it is if a horde of groble lead by a dranghoul

maybe. kupocobra needs another beast friend to travel around wonderful places of cairn. he’s stuck in ugdenbog forever.

either that, or the aether hybrids are too busy fending off bloodsworn & black legion, making them not having enough manpower to subdue dranghoul+groble hordes.

still, the grobles in grim dawn are not that dangerous. julius, the pickpocketer we met in twin falls said that he scares grobles away from his lover by using makeshift loud fireworks or something. groble feels underwhelming compared to say… gretchin of warhammer 40k or goblin slayer’s goblins. but i find it weird that they can still be independent from aetherials/bloodsworn while forming their own unique clans. even korvaak doesn’t reign over them in the korvan basin.

grobles are just… there.

I always wonder why there are two cthonian nemesis, each enemy faction has a nemesis but cthonians have two, and so I really would like to see another Nemesis or plural. Beasts are a very big faction so another beast Nemesis won’t hurt.

And for the topic of Cronley reputation, a dungeon for them will be kinda absurd but yes farming negative reputation for Cronley’s are really PITA, and the Cronley’s himself gives very little negative rep when you kill him. With a warrant full farm of Cronley’s gang(start from the DC to the Four Hills and Hideout.) doesn’t even provide 1k negative reputation so maybe devs increase the hero spawns of the faction and give a few more to them?

South isn’t a camera angle though. If you rotate the camera south can be up, there’s nothing stopping the game from changing your orientation after going through some door so south is up while in any given region. This wouldn’t require the player to ever manually rotate the camera, they’d step through a transition on say the other side of the bridge leading down, then load in on the other side of the transition facing up, fully ready to travel south comfortably. There are multiple ways of doing this seamlessly, from simply altering the default camera angle in a region, to designing the region “upside down” with an inverted compass.

2 Likes

Recently found out about an area to the south-west of Burrwitch village (when you try to start AoM). A bridge that’s blocked and has 2 flags on each side of the road. Does that expand somewhere???

If no, please do? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hm, let’s see.

1 Like

Exciting!!! :+1::smiley:

Spoiler alert if I’m right?

I have a feeling it’s connected to whatever was in the Darkvale Gates.
Spotted the same flags.

For the Love of God can you add a Portal between the Lone Watch Rift and the Malmouth Outskirts Rift

It would have to be close to existing rift or in the middle of battlefield.

It’s no worse than the run from Broken Hills to Smuggler’s Pass rift.

1 Like