Grim Misadventure #174 - Shattered Keepers

Good catch without phys res they will be extremely marginal.

4 Likes

Join us on 01/11/2020 ? 2021 :slight_smile:

Ember’s Calling set can gather some with pyro or witch hunter usage but not with sabo

Goredrinker can gather with Paladin or Tactician but not with warlord(But I don’t think no one will play pierce/bleeding warlord so that’s not a big deal)

Veilkeeper has good defense mechanisms with arcanist and necro side but non of the combos with shaman or spellbinder has phys resist either. But atleast the shoulder gives %3 lol

You need certainly a pants/boots with phys(let’s say %10) resist and maybe you can use seal of might with non-aether builds and then you can gather %20 perhaps. Or you limit your devotion plans and take the ones that provides phys resist and sacrifice other things, again it won’t be more than %20 aswell.

Edit: Since my comment that accepts that I missed a few phys resist sources was moved to pre-bitching thread, I wanted to add something here.

So all sets actually binded to a certain class for phys resist among 3 supported except Ember’s Calling.(Which is my favourite since it enables more fire nightblade possibilities.)
You get %12 from softcapped AoG and %10 from softcapped DB if you want to play Witch Hunter that can solve the problem.
%15 from softcapped AoC if you choose to play Paladin or Tactician with Goredrinker
%8 from MotB transmuter of Savagery plus their set has %3 from shoulder so %11 if you choose to play 2H Druid or Ritualist with Veilkeeper set.

It’s managable. Though some devo routes has phys resist problem, especially fire(torch-magi) path.

I’m excited ofc and I thank the devs. I’ve decided to not play till the patch to get more motivation when it arrives but it seems to take longer than I expect. Well atleast now I know what to do with my Witch Hunter.

1 Like

Looks incredible! :exploding_head:

Fantastic set, the most fantastic that they have is 3% phys. res on those aether shoulders across all sets.

6 Likes

24 posts were split to a new topic: V1.1.9.0 pre-bitching discussion

These sets are found in the Shattered Realm, they have nothing to do with Cairn. It seems likely that Ralyoth is the original name of that realm, or at least one of the worlds in it. Also, those gods predate their version of the Grim Dawn.

Those sets look kinda hot. One thing that bothers me though: Goredrinker’s Ward blocks Conduit slot =(

cool grim dawn team the best was hoping for xmas pet but still since i am an illusion whore thats good enough always wanted to use [Spellgaze] and you just gave me purple color set cool ty grim dawn team happy xmas and a happy new year to all of you ic xc ni ka

This is very exciting honestly!

It’s just unfortunate that of the three sets Goredrinker is the one with an amulet, as it blocks the slot just like the Bloodrager and Blood Knight sets already do.

Thank you guy for your hard work!!!

Yupp I just made a theorycraft in GT, got 48% phys res…

Which Conduit were you hoping to use the set with?

The Shaman support is very heavily pointing toward savagery line and upheaval usage. So you’ll get phys res from the attack transmuter and from many 2 handed weapons

Still no Loyalist Pack #3 announcement? Shame…

5 Likes

Bleeding War Cry, maybe pierce Kalastor as well fit in this set. Also Valdun and Rimetongue amulets.

i thought of bolvar’s pendant for -15% bleed rr for GoE.

1 Like

@Shadowpast mentioned a conduit; I’m playing a Gutripper Warder with which I wanted to use Bloodsurge, but the full Bloodrager set is better than it + 3 set pieces. So the initial thought was to switch to Goredrinker before I saw it had an amulet. The updated Mythical Doombringer and relatively new Mythical Lapis Lupus also have trouble competing with Bloodrager.

1 Like

The soldier war cry conduit for bleed was the one o wanted to use but amulet slots are always taken.

[edit] Sorry, didn’t notice only one of the sets blocks the amulet slot.

Thanks for the update and new stuff to theorycraft around!

I don’t mind memes but I’d like to combine them with conduits as others have mentioned.
What would provide a ton of fun for me is one of the following changes:

• moving necklace on all SR sets to a different slot
    (a ring would be interesting for example)

• making additional item pieces so that you can wear 4/5 to get the full bonus

I know it’s easier said then done and would create a lot of issues though.

1 Like