Grim Misadventure #175 - A Look Back at 2020

Hey, gunna be honest wit ya, Skyrim ain’t an mmo either and if Crate gives me the option in GD2 to claim a “house”, or even to build a house however I like, who am I to look the gift horse in the mouth?

I don’t need the game to be an mmo or people to share it with to want my character to have a sweet crib outfitted with armor stands to display my hard-fought, duplicate gear or some classy bookshelves to stash my lore notes and books.

So yeah, I’m down with that. Heck I don’t even care that it’s not 1st person view. I can enjoy my pad in 3rd.

4 Likes

Semantics much?its a plot of land that you can control how you set stuff up,decorate with stuff you find in the world etc,like in fallout 4 or skyrim

1 Like

No, but a Frontier Adventure instead.

1 Like

I came into Grim Dawn late; it is the first (and only) ARPG I’ve ever played, and I fell in love with it. Bought a macro-mouse for the first time just for this game. This game kept me entertained between rounds of chemo. I’m still here, and I’m still playing. Thank you.

13 Likes

Hang in there! We are with you. I hope you’ll be getting better soon. I feel you as I myself have been on dialysis treatment for 16 years and GD has been helping me to take my mind off the bad reality into the wonderful world of Cairn

5 Likes

Yes, hope the chemo works and you’re better soon wlssenatus. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

I’m just not seeing significant interest nor know what people want. Anyone could make gd harder just by tweaking the difficulty scalings within minutes.

And so long as they keep doing balance changes themselves it seems redundant to rebalance content when the devs are still doing that. They even still add new items lol.

If gd development ever dies off that’ll probably be when I’m interested in taking a look into what could be added to the game that would feel like quality content to the more hardcore crowd.

I will insta buy Farthest FRONTIER, and im even not playing strategy games. Because i love your work.

5 Likes

Thank you Crate for thousands of hours of fun. When I bought the game in Early Access I never would have thought that I can spend so much time with this absolute gem of a game. I have played Path of Exile, Torchlight 2, Diablo 3 and many other ARPGs but nothing even comes close. The things that captured me the most were the artstyle, atmosphere, the level design and of course the sheer amount of possiblities to create a build. And it’s still capturing me to this day. Can’t wait for 1.1.9.0 and what’s coming beyond, be it from Crate themselves or from modders.

I’m also gonna buy Farthest Frontier the second it’s released, if only to show my support. I’m a noob to the townbuilder genre but I love 4X games so I’m eager to see what Crate can do in that department.

Best wishes to the Crate team, the forum and discord staff, and to all the players who tagged along the journey. And of course to those who only recently discovered GD, you’re in for a treat :scorv:

5 Likes

Grim Dawn is one of The Best ARPG in our universe !

Thanks Crate, Zantai, Medierra, and other Cool Developers. Thanks for this Fantastic Game !
Also thanks to GD’s Wonderful Community. It’s really nice having Great Game with Great Community.

Best of luck for FF and your future projects !

Grim Dawn’s TCG with awesome optionz for building decks is very welcome ^^

5 Likes

Thanks crate for making this game truly awesome and with the constant update and listening to our cries you guys are awesome, my heart breaks but the silver lining is that modders will be able to catch up😂 thanks guys I would’ve totally kickstart the game if I knew about GD earlier! Goodbye grim dawn misadventures and thank you modders for your bittersweet updates!

2 Likes

I bought a Grim Dawn Patron Edition back in May 2013 and I’ve followed many of the Grim Miasadventures as they were posted. It’ll be sad not to see any more of them. Thank you @Zantai and all of the Crate team for sticking with the game for all this time and turning it into a heavyweight ARPG that has captured wide community respect!

Even if I still find myself a bit irked by the way ranged combat works (or rather… doesn’t work) sometimes, I’ve nevertheless spent a whole lot of hours hunting for loot and have really only scratched the surface. I appreciate the game’s value for money and the way you’ve improved GD over the years is something that other devs could use as a case study. I wish you all success in the future! :+1:

3 Likes

Before i even wish list FF i really need to see a trailer, more then anything it’s to support Crate and future games but wheres the gameplay trailer?

I need to see this thing in action.

1 Like

I know I don’t show up very often, but I’m glad to have been here for a huge chunk of these misadventures. Can’t wait to see how Farthest Frontiers goes (and wait hopefully for grim dawn 2)

2 Likes

Thanks for all the great misadventures, Z, on here and ingame!

2 Likes

what “is” xbox certification and what does it entail/why does it take “a while”, and how come MS is suddenly lenient about it/what does that mean for QA etc?

also, since it’s coming to X1/“last gen”, would you/does it need a separate optimization and/or certification for “X1 series X”/new gen - or would it just be equally “backwards compatible”/plug 'n play?

ngl, part of this made me sad and when i read it a knot kinda sunk in my stomach…
Not upset/disgruntled/inconsiderate of your business/approach and own goals and terms for things both GD development and FF/other projects,
idono, i guess a “tiny” part of me just kept hoping for more and more of “moar” the way you’ve kept spoiling us over the years.

not that it were things i’d “demand”, but suppose i had partially desired some/certain “moar” additions/requests to hopefully be alluded to in GM later down the line eventually, like the bipedal walking beetle nemesis, loyalist pack 3, cosmetic pet default increase, maybe a new boss/gimmick item or small side quests added to “encourage” exploration/involve the new areas added in 1.1.8

Not that i wasn’t quite aware many things i wanted were “big asks” unlikely to make their way on the own merits with development winding down/shifting to other projects (and maybe not fitting your vision of what’s included in GD) - but suppose that tiny innocent “want” of an idea kept a “if i have these desires for additions, maybe they have a whole other range in their own minds lined up still”, and the conclusion of our Grim Misadventures then sorta “cements” the near end development approaching for Grim Dawn.

Don’t get me wrong, i’m thrilled it’s not a live service model type constant update you folks have done, but guess being spoiled with so much moar, it just stings a tiny bit when the gravy train then eventually ends, because it was sooo yummy :yum: :blush:

I do hope that that there will be some more balance in regards to set and masteries.

Some skills are there many strong builds for. Like the autoattack replacers, while others are very niche, or seldom used. Like evil eye, stun jacks.vire’s might, callidor’s tempest. Reap sprit.
Some are only used for damage reduction purposes or rr-reduction, like bloody pox, word of pain or ravenous earth.
Many skills still needs adjustment, more then what a single patch can change.

Working on it!

7 Likes

Vires can be used as mobility and it already has its own set to support it

They can also be pretty good if build correctly, same with stun jacks.

Bloody pox has dark one’s to increase its damage, it’s mostly a supportive skill ( also supports retaliation with fevered rage). Word of pain has innate RR so obviously it’s gonna be used for resistance reduction and it’s also good for early game leveling. Ravenous earth is one of the strongest vit skills in the game and it also has 2 strong sets supporting it ( Dark one/ Blightlord).

3 Likes

It’s a list of requirements that Microsoft/Sony/Whoever provide that you need to complete in order to release on their platform. Usually this involves how platform imagery is displayed, or how the application handles certain unintended events (user gets disconnected from multiplayer, for example).

How much or how little you are required to do varies by platform owner, and the features your application takes advantage of (no need to do multiplayer certs for a single player game). And of course some companies are more strict about this kind of thing than others are.

4 Likes