Grim Misadventure #176 - So the New Thing

While farming MI got a nice touch, can farming Aether Crystal be touched too? :point_right: :point_left:

Perhaps adding a new recipe at Blacksmith, 1 Aether Crystal + 50 Searing Ember/Chilled Steel/Cracked Lodestone will result in 6 Aether Crystal. Assuming Aether Crystal have the properties of converting base material to itself like Tiberium.

Any chance of having Veteran be an selectable option for all difficulties now? Up the difficulty of the campaign a touch? :sunglasses:

1 Like

it did not
and the proposed scaling change will indeed do what you want/write (atleast as i’m reading it)

that is exactly what the new level 100 scaling will do

that is already how it works
^unless you’re proposing adding or segregating additional content to ultimate exclusive, as stark contrst example, mode 1 would be act 1-6, scaling from 1-100lvl, and korvan basin would be “gated off” for Ultimate only (“mode 2”) for “special incentive”
this imo would be ridiculous, but i might also not be fully getting your intended meaning

on avg/most boss MIs have like 50% drop chance iirc, a couple/few have like 30% i think - but that’s usually bosses with 2 variants of boss mis, like bloodlord blades
otherwise the lowest are stuff like gollus ring and hidden path guardians at 35% currently
technically there are a few base game outliers with lower drop chance, but it’s because they share lvl 94 and lvl 84 base item in drop, so it’s like 60% total "for an mi to drop, but 30% for the lvl 94/30% for the lvl 84 version to drop)

1 Like

I used to want this until i realized that i never even use half of the items i have stored. And that’s after making over 100 characters.

Point is that infinite stash is not needed because you don’t need to store every single epic and legendary you get.

I’ve searched for “stash” on the forums and while I found plenty of posts of people complaining about missing - stash - space, I couldn’t find an official answer (and reasoning) from Crate.
While I respect your decision (it’s your game, not mine), I would love to see an official reason and reflexion on why a game with that much incredible itemisation doesn’t provide infinite stash.

1 Like

that’s rainbow filter, it still works

1 Like

rare items sells for more than epics tho or double magick MIs :sweat_smile:
they are literally our biggest/main source of income

unless that was changed recently, they are somewhat “less” aggressive, atleast to the point of players having noticed, and requested it in the past, and that ex this was made/included in some mods

*ingame you can “tell” by other pets attacking at longer distancing etc

7 Likes

you can delete your quest folder for Ultimate
*tho be warned, i don’t know how that interacts with the background player given “tokens” for some interactions

I just downloaded the latest GrimCam version from nexusmods and tested it, as Z said it does work without GI. I guess I still had the old version from 2017 which stopped working without GI at some point. The latest one is from 2021 and working fine.

1 Like

this, so much this
with all these big changes happening, please once again deliberate on and consider adding “veteran”/optional difficulty increase scaling for Ultimate :pray:

here is one of the responses

if you search through zantai’s comments specifically on the forum (or steam) you can maybe better find the/his mentions/replies regarding expanded stash tabs or implementing infinite storage, all which lead to the same that they don’t feel it fits for the game as a whole - meanwhile the game being modable means the (“few”) players that want it can still get it

3 Likes

Oh My God - Is this the dreamth 3rd Expansion - I would pay 100 eur for a copy of it!

Thanks for testing!
GC not working without GI was my experience as well. Never tested it without since.

Yes, pretty please.

With all the buffs the items have been having lately, the difficulty of the game has decreased. It would be nice to give the player the chance to choose to increase the difficulty of the game.

Veteran, as a difficulty label, is on point. I like it a lot.

Another thing that I believe would improve the playing experience is to decrease the time some hidden enemies need to get triggered and appear to attack the main character. I made a thread about this matter.

1 Like

As was mentioned above, this makes Lokar inaccessible without spending points at the Spirit Guide to completely remove damaging auras e.g. Aura of Censure. Please make this a setting we can opt out of.

Flameond Bleu isn’t a problem at all, he still follows you when he is way outside your aura range. I never turned off my auras when luring him, only dismissed my pets if I had any. Oversized Maggots on the other hand will definitely become a problem for many builds if auto-aura isn’t a toggleable feature.

I created an account just to say that I love you, Crate.

6 Likes

On the topic of automatically toggled-on toggleables and the corresponding visual effects. Currently there are exclusive groups defined over some of those (one example being FT/SW/IEE: iirc, the top of the stack is what’s displayed, although it could reshuffle on area loads). With no manual control over these buffs there would be no way of adjusting the priority (without disabling the visuals altogether).

Flamond has 163k±a few health, plenty enough if you didnt build full auramancer

Pretty sure Lokar can be reached without toggling auras, but we’ll make sure it’s still doable. We’re not going to make previous content impossible with a QoL change.

7 Likes