Grim Misadventure #176 - So the New Thing

New DLC with snowy area? YES PLEASE!

take-my-money-spongebob

5 Likes

Yah thats great and all Crate… long time supporter… own all the xpacs and dev content packs etc… and Furthest Frontier…

but… could you please… GET US GD:2 (not xpacs etc on gd 1 there’s already mods and all that, gd1 showing its age like wow 1)

GD2 PLS - take maaaaaaaaa monayyyyy!

@Zantai this. Is it possible to do something about it without major skill redesigns?

As WoW approaches its 18th anniversary, perhaps not the best example? :rofl:

It’s not. It would require a new skill mechanic and changes to how the tooltip is parsed to differentiate between its passive and active elements.

2 Likes

You could just make the buff really long and call it a day.

You too - with the Lazy Mod :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Very nice. A couple of suggestions for the big update:

1. Make leveling to 100 worth it by ensuring that only level 94 versions of all MIs can drop. Currently, it’s absolutely random whether a specific boss can drop only the 94 version of their MI or both the 94 and 84 when you are at level 100. Just a quick example - Voldrak only drops 94 from monster level 98, Mogara drops 84 and 94 even if she is level 105. It is extremely discouraging getting one with good rolls and finding out you failed the 50/50 coin flip on the item level. Leveling from 94,95 - 100 is currently a completely dead space with no reward for the player other than making the game harder and making the level cap be a round number. This would be a nice, unintrusive way to encourage going to level 100, not giving the player a direct power boost but making farming slightly more efficient. Not only boss MIs but also those from normal enemies. Clamp them all to 94 once you reach level 100.
    Alternatively, just bump all enemy levels to the minimum they need to only drop 94 after you reach a level 100. 111 in case of Mogara for example. That’d make the enemies harder so you also have to earn it, but would have pretty significant balancing impact, if all enemies on Ultimate were suddenly 5+ levels higher.

2. Adjust the Raven’s AI so he also heals if any other summons are missing health and not only the player character.

12 Likes

What are you looking for exactly? These things are really easy to mod, maybe I could do something for you :slight_smile: For my own game I just upped the base duration of Blood of Dreeg, Word of Renewal and Pneumatic Burst to 120s and everything suddently felt better.

Honestly, I would LOVE to see bows added into the game, perhaps a new class with archery-style skills. I know we have guns and spellcasting, but I will always love the idea of raining down arrows on monsters. We’ve got crossbows already! Why not add shortbows, longbows, compound bows. Probably a lost cause of a question… Anyway, love the game, excited for the update! Can’t wait for the release date :smiley:

Bows don’t fit the aesthetic of Grim Dawn. Grim Dawn is set in a world roughly equivalent to early/mid 19th century Earth, or at least Europe/USA. Even having crossbows in the game is stretching it a bit

Lol
Having magic isn’t a stretch. :smile:

Ok! :stuck_out_tongue:

Crate has said no new classes. That’s a lot of work when you also have to include combos of all the other classes.

Hopefully small request…

Could you please sightly increase the blitz cooldown reduction on the various MIs (helm, ammy, shield) so blitz can be truly spammable?

It’s the most satisfying move in the game and my fave build by a country mile. I just wish I could spam spam it.

Before:

After:

24 Likes

Ah, kinda similar topic:

Could we have a
“Display ONLY critical hits” ?
Been wishing for that a long time - maybe others will like it, too?

11 Likes

You guys best be releasing a fashion DLC or smth for all this work you’re doing. Take my money!!!

yup yup yup

1 Like

oh yes, yes please :pray:

Something that probably won’t happen, but still…

If it is possible, please make it possible for “on hit” devotion procs to be bound to pets.
I want to put Light of Empyrion on Briarbutts :scorv:

1 Like

Something that probably won’t happen, but still…

If it is possible, please make it possible for “on crit” devotion procs to be bound to skills of the CoF template
I want to bind Word of Pain to Shadowbutts :scorv:

1 Like

pretty sure WoP used to be allowed on Assassin’s mark back in the day? and got changed later to not be

to me it’s extra annoying that siphon souls count as the same, so we can attach ill omen to Korvaak/etc crit devos, but can’t attach siphon souls to them :confounded:
i think if the notion is CoF/WoP would be too strong on AM(RR devos), then just manually exclude that one, but allow shadow butts and korvaak, oleron etc to be attached

2 Likes