Grim Misadventure #176 - So the New Thing

if Possession animation isn’t removed/changed it would just be a nerf to Occultist builds using Possession when getting nullified, because it has slow af cast taking longer time than other skills/“holding you up” on delay :grin:

I’m…sorry?

4 Likes

got you this for future stock “gif” responses

6 Likes

@Zantai would it be possible to have all patches available somewhere?

It’s a “feature” from Diablo 2 that’s quite interesting. If you want to play 1.00, 1.07, 1.09, etc. you are always free to do so. There’s even a program that allows you to easily switch between versions at ease.

Since GD doesn’t have a online-only requirement, it should be feasible to play any version also.

Let’s not push it…

Honestly, I think 1.1.9.7 & 1.1.9.8 as “backup” branches is PLENTY.

1 Like

Already possible.

2 Likes

What is wrong with improving the game? I don’t understand you.

1 Like

Do you know if there’s anything similar to the GOG version?

Not sure. Might be able to use the manual installers to download older versions, but it’s not really something I’ve looked into.

image replies:

(neither confirming nor denying to keep the fun going) :grin:

Just hopped on my Bonemonger Oppressor and was reminded of something

Does the Wake of Bones and the Veil Ripple auto proc have the option of firing towards nearest enemy, instead of the direction PC is facing? This would be a nice little thing to have.

1 Like

yea
it is kinda weird it shoots from char facing, compared to just towards the enemy triggered the proc like other wave skill :thinking:

*krieg’s fury wave proc on bonemonger scion vs wake/ripple on same trigger

Some further questions about the initial post

Obviously this is something that has to happen to make it actually viable to not have any toggleable skills on your skillbar. As others have noted 2 seconds is pretty short, we’ll have to wait and see but I suppose this may turn out to be longer in the end.
However, as it affects the nullification mechanic this works both ways, right?
So how will this affect the nullification skill on the Arcanist?

Pretty cool, I have been using a modded workaround for this for a long time now.
Good to see it making it into the game.
Will there also be an option to randomize it?

“we” should have learned from guild wars 1 by now, right…?

1 Like

Probably mentioned. :slight_smile:

Would there be possible to improve the Loot Filtering system?

Not sure if it can be done without making it look cluttered, but I would like something like the following:
Specify stats for specific slots / equipment pieces - I might want Resistance X on a specific equpiment slot, but don’t care for it on my weapon.
Break down the grouped stats (specify resistances etc. without showing ALL resistances when it is ticked).

Maybe clearer options to highlight loot dropped and in inventory when hovering (something like rainbow filters but maybe with a more “official” touch)

The ability to Search in the inventory, same option that already exists in stores and the stash.

Ability to clearly highlight usable loot in the stash for your character, the small X gets a bit lost when you have many pages filled with loot. :slight_smile:

imo 2 sec is plenty to get urself killed when cruising through SR.
fighting a big pack and u suddenly get null’d?
well… now ur most likely dead! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

My builds (almost?) never die from nullification :thinking: but I only play 75-76 and not glass cannons
I remember reminding myself with multiple builds to keep fighting and leeching while nulled instead of trying to recast buffs
but it might be a coincidence because obviously if you’re purged from i.e. BoD surrounded, you’re gonna die

It’s just a joke about how you have to perform a calisthenics exercise every time you get nullified to get Solael to re-possess your sorry ass.

2 Likes

I think 2 seconds is too short, it should be more like 3-4. Even if you’re a pretty damn fast player, have a build with high cast speed and only a handful of buffs to apply with quick animations, it’s probably going to take you more than 2 seconds to refresh your buffs manually just cause there’s gonna be some delay before you notice you got nullied. After all, if you saw the dispell coming, you’d have dodged it, so it’s going to come as a surprise. As it is currently, if it takes you 2 seconds total to notice the dispell and reapply those buffs, which IMO is somewhat unrealistic, that’s still 2 seconds of buff downtime, a part of which you won’t be leeching or dodging cause you’re recasting your buffs. Having buffs reapply automatically after 2 seconds while you can be attacking, dodging, etc. is just far too generous.

1 Like

Not quite. Some buffs are kind of ok-ish to be nullified for 2 seconds, such as Flame Touched. Blood of Dreeg is not one of them since loosing acid resistance can result in death in less than 0.1 sec. Skills that give health percentage as a form of defense can also lead to the character’s death if nullified.