Grim Misadventure #176 - So the New Thing

So… Just how big the number 10 is?

2 Likes

From the wiki: Crate released an alpha version of the game (Build 8) through the Steam Early Access program on May 15, 2013.

Maybe 10 year anniversary?

What trope is missing that could be a 10th mastery?

Unarmed / claws / fists / martial arts

Shapeshifter

Earth magic (physical caster)

Was hoping it was the 10th :confused:

That doesn’t matter. Early game has to be engaging if the player is to even reach late stages.
When I don’t like 1st season of a show and everybody tells me: “But it gets better!” I won’t watch next seasons anyway. My mind is already made up and negative sentiment is a strong force.

2 Likes

10th mastery confirmed I guess.

2 Likes

GD Immortal or Grimmortal for mobile. Both have 10 letters.

6 Likes

Don’t you guys have soiled trousers?

2 Likes

Hmmmm.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Grimdawn/comments/15ne16q/they_said_it_was_impossible/

5 Likes

I think they are going to pull Blizzard on us, release necromancer, and pretend like it’s a new class.

1 Like

My guess is that they’re going to give us a little teaser now (see the small brain activity on 8), hype it up during September, and give us a big release in October. But that title message is so tantalizing. What are people saying is impossible? What MOAR could be in the works for v1.2? This game is already so good, what could be in the realms of possibility?

2 Likes

No idea, but the only thing I can associate that title with is a new mastery. They’ve always said adding masteries is a huge amount of work, especially after Ashes of Malmouth added two more, but we still got the Oathkeeper.

Or Zantai can just be trolling.

Both sound equally possible. :laughing:

5 Likes

True, but we got it with an expansion, not on its own.

Ok, along with everything i posted previously and now this im 99.5% sure it is a new mastery. Also… holy shit!

also 2 - when is the next misadventure?!

1 Like

-I would like an option to hide the helmet even if it is equipped as it happens in other RPGS.

-Since I wanted this game to have skins as appearance cosmetics, it would be really cool to use skins in the game.

oooo Zantai add ae kkkkkkkk

Isn’t it already in the game through the Illusionist? It can hide your helmet too (was it in the Coven faction that you buy both the invisible Helmet and Shoulders?)

1 Like

Hooooly…
Please be careful, that this dose of copium isn’t lethal!

I wouldn’t mind a new mastery tho… :eyes:

4 Likes

I prefer an easier ON/OFF option!

but my biggest interest would be to use capes on the back of the characters kkkk

Well you’re a special case, and i don’t mean that as an insult. The old fashioned ways of taking your time are very strong in your blood, and that’s a good thing. Your approach to this game does one thing perfectly well – it guarantees the longest imaginable timeline for replay value and simple enjoyment of the single player experience.

There are 2 types of players for whom early game being a bit too easy won’t be a problem – new players who are finally abandoning the sinking ship that is Blizzard, and guys like me who simply want to get on with it and level up at a good clip so we can try out the newest build idea we came up with.

Making every single player happy is just not remotely possible and they have found a reasonable middle ground. Now if early game were more challenging, i would still be fine with it – i’d level in Norm / Vet instead of Merit-Boosting to 35 and starting in Elite like i do now. Collecting somewhere between 50 and 70 lore notes at level 1 is fun and all, but it’s not really time efficient, so perhaps for the sake of variety (and expedience at the same time) i should mix it up and start in Vet like i did the first time playing…

1 Like