Grim Misadventure #176 - So the New Thing

A 10th mastery at this stage of the game’s lifecycle would be brilliant, IMO.

We know there’s no more expansions coming, and GD2 is sometime is the (distant) future. Crate knows that interest in the ARPG space is at a huge level right now and they’re (rightly) confident that their game matches up against anything else out there currently.

A 10th mastery along with a massive patch would give even grizzled veteran players a big incentive to come back to the game and test out the 9 new dual-classes against all the game’s modes. New builds, new class tiers, etc etc. For the amount of work Crate would have to do, I think it would be well worth the amount of replayability they just gave the entire playerbase, and would likely garner new interest from players who are disappointed with the current competition. Solid business decision. :+1:

I personally would also love to see a martial arts based class added. I’d love nothing more to do than run around Cairn punching and kicking the living sh!t out of Chthonians, Aetherials, and Eldritch monsters!

2 Likes

It’s impossible…

one

4 Likes

That is exactly the vibe

1 Like

1 Like

Perhaps just increase the time counters to greater than a day? Pretty please? The new Nullification mechanic would still purge them that way.

Zantai was just proudly announcing that he learned to count to 10. I don’t where you guys get the idea that there will be a new mastery.

2 Likes

inb4 monk, Ive played long enough to realize there is a massive gap for a different playstyle that would be easy to add without adding a new weapon type, unarmed and probably a few easy to add constellations for unarmed combat.

Meditation and Mindfulness : Monks often practice meditation and mindfulness, and the number 10 can be used as a symbol of counting breaths or focusing on a specific mantra during meditation sessions.

Prayer Beads : In some religious traditions, including Buddhism, monks use strings of beads (malas) to count repetitions of prayers or mantras. These strings often have divisions of 10 beads, making it convenient for counting.

Counting and Numerology : The number 10 is often seen as a significant and complete number in various cultures. Monks may use counting as a method of focusing their thoughts or reflecting on certain teachings.

Discipline and Structure : Both monks and the number 10 can be associated with discipline and structure. Monks often follow strict routines and schedules in their daily lives, and the number 10 can represent a sense of order and completeness.

Teachings and Wisdom : In some traditions, monks may group teachings or concepts into sets of 10, making it easier to remember and transmit knowledge.

Symbolism : The number 10 can symbolize perfection, completion, or a new beginning in numerology. Monks, through their practices, often seek spiritual perfection and transformation.

On a more serious note, Im looking forward to what ever the patch holds for us.
Thank you Crate for this amazing game and everything you have rewarded us with !!!

2 Likes

A shapeshifter would be awesome, but I know it’s impossible. A monk is anticlimactic in cairn, I prefer an alchemist more.

People still on about that 10th mastery huh?!

What if by “10” Zantai meant new patch is on the 10th month = october?

:grin:

or to really screw with people 10th of september because 9/10 in US date format :grin:

1 Like

A Pirate mastery was an idea some time ago together with DLC where you can cruise with your ship, have ambushes and do all other pirate things. But I like these ones from Reddit that resemble my own thoughts:

But this wouldn’t suit the meme few posts above that 10 is more big brain than the previous numbers.
Also it’s not a date, this confirms it:

5 Likes

Didnt see that one.

Mhmmm… I wonder… I wonder… what he means…

10 new SR shards, now stops at 220 instead of 210 :rofl:

1 Like

new meta going to be balanced around 10min runs
:grin:

either that or we get 10 new items/conduits with memes, or a new Loyalist DLC with 10 “things” in it :sweat_smile:

1 Like

You don’t need to be the 10th mastery hater because I offer my support if you’re getting old and cannot handle more items and combinations. Also no to nerfing low level MIs please, it’s nice that they are worth getting and not a waste of time. Please perma this guy or at least temp till the meaning of 10 is revealed because he’s trying to derail our hype train.
Calling dibs on the first Nightblade + Tinkerer forum build btw.

3 Likes

Still think it’s funny that people ever thought “10” referenced a date when zantai’s hints say stuff like “it’s a big number” and “they said it was impossible”. Who in the world talks about dates in terms of size?

I’m hopeful it’s a new Mastery, but honestly that just means I’ll make lots more builds in GT that I’ll never have time to play! :rofl:

1 Like

About time we got the Bureaucrat Mastery

2 Likes

a gentleman does not kiss and tell :smirk:

1 Like

Oooh, 10th mastery speculations? :smiley:

Mercenary - pure passive class, that works as a support to the second class.
Something like this was in one of the TQ mods (Destinies) in the form of Training mastery.