Grim Misadventure #176 - So the New Thing

Just mix it with your favorite mastery…

I look forward to mixing the new mastery with soldier

277fjm-2773856227

adult will have approximately 1.2-1.5 gallons (or 10 units) of blood in their body. Blood is approximately 10% of an adult’s weight

thanks google

Ch’thonian mastery confirmed. We need chaos/bleeding mastery anyway.

The pairing with Occultist would be too strong / obvious then.
It can have some Chaos / Bleed but I think it needs to be more big brain / complicated.

How about a mastery that has a lot of Pierce stuff but no RR for it? :thinking:

1 Like

But the tens, THE TENS! Clearly the meme Zantai posted showcases the awakening of our lord and savior Ch’thon.

Give them a move like ancient spear / steel grasp that harpoons and reels in mobs if they’re little and pulls you to them if they’re big.

AFAIK, it’ll be a novel take on movement skills.

10 bosses, 10 crucible levels, 10 legendaries, or just 10 major versions since FG release…

One thing I like a lot about the whole ‘Normal scales to 100’, is that you can farm higher levels of Act 1 MI’s before Elite. Gone are the days of fighting Logg at 55 with a lvl 18 (or so) Milton’s Casque…

1 Like

Now that I think about it a bit more, im more and more sure we’re going to be getting a full on expansion pack, rather than just a class. So more acts and a new class. When you think about it a bit it makes a ton of sense, especially when considering that normal and elite will now scale to lvl 100. It makes sense to add a couple more acts so you can reasonably play to lvl 90-100 in normal without farming extra content. Kind of the same as it was done in PoE back when they doubled the act count.
So yeah, my hype is through the roof lmao. Here’s hoping im even half right :smiley:

4 Likes

I feel like they are making some new type of endgame thing just like a crucible or shattered realm, that would be cool.

not necessarily :sweat_smile:
i suggested this earlier, Normal scaling to level 100, wouldn’t necessarily mean the entirety of normal,
ie act 1 can/could still scale 1-30, but instead of ex ugdenbog capping at 65 and malmouth at 75, it could be those that got raised to 75 and 100 respectively
or some slight “total increase” across the board, so it curves more uniform and smoothly from act 1-6 in lvl 1-100, without the entirety of act 1-2-3 going to full 100 each zone
*i’m assuming that’s it, atleast, and that you wouldn’t be able to just grind level 100 in act :sweat_smile: - also partially because that would/could then become part of the “encouragement” to move to higher difficulties; getting access to those higher level (regular green) MIs, like a level 50 milton from Elite :grin:

Well… Sure it does motivate, but I already am motivated to clear Act 5 because Malmouth houses a lot of good leveling MI’s. It’s just that when I choose to do FG to a certain extent in normal as well that my Act 1 MI gear becomes outdated as hell before I can end Act 5 :wink:

But even scaling Normal Act 1 to level 50 would be enough for that (for me, at least, because I usually just go to Elite anyways after unlocking the AoM factions).

About grinding to 100 in Act 1… I mean, I can’t think of any reason other than self-imposed challenge/torture that people would do this. But then again, if they want to, why should the game stop them?

EDIT: I know merits exist, yet for some reason I never really use them ^^"

I’m going to laugh my ass off when Zantai reveals that 10 is just a patch number.

3 Likes

Lol Zantai won’t when the pitchforks get picked up subsequently :smiley: People gonna turn 10th mastery into a foregone conclusion and cry tears of anguish when it’s not the thing. And I think perhaps the tears of the salty is Zantai’s favourite drink, so beware…

2 Likes

remember - to always overestimate and hype so that u get the best results of disappointment and dissatisfaction.

10 Likes

I know this comment was in fun jest, yet…

The standard game practice today is to splatter any new scraps behind a paywall. (Diablo 4 will be another prime example.)

It’d be great to see some significant new content - but take some time to appreciate how many good tweaks keep coming years after the last major dlc.

1 Like

Crate are currently working on at least 3 other games that aren’t Grim Dawn: Farthest Frontier, the GD related RTS, and some kind of survival horror game of which we know nothing about yet, all that with ~15 people (not sure about the exact number, internet search results vary wildly).
So unless they hired more staff or outsourced the whole thing, there won’t be another full blown expansion.

On the tenth day of Scorvmas Ravager gave to me a brand new Nemesis

I wish that were true. I can pay even $60 for the third expansion because I know it would be worth it!

1 Like

Mapping system would be great