Grim Misadventure #184 - Unusually Itemized

“Dreeg’s Evil Grenado”
big-lebowski-car

Amazing news!
Not sure if this has been asked before: will Awakened Epics be for non-set items only?

A few old items and skills will receive cooldown charges where it makes sense, but this mechanic is primarily going to be seen on new equipment.

Someone had to do it.

We expect there to be an initial batch of epics that receive the treatment, and we will add more with updates. There are hundreds of epic items in the game now, so converting them all to Legendaries would be quite a lot of gear all at once.

Epic sets are also possible targets for awakening.

13 Likes

You need to up your illusion game to be worthy of standing next to these babies
name

That’s a bait to make you annoyed with playing a NB that cannot Shadow Strike.

6 Likes

Wendigo summons?

I am now incredibly hype

5 Likes

How about summon big gargoyle?

I’m just going to assume we can have those wendigos as pets and completely ignore anyone who tries to tell me otherwise.

1 Like

There are already over 400 new skill modifiers, and we still have to finish itemizing the new set items and awakened epics!

On that topic, please kindly remember to include character-defining modifiers usable before level 94.

5 Likes

eh wendigo summon? count me in right away

now with belgo shear can be used in ranged, wish that Execution can also be used in both 2h melee and range

2 Likes

Sure enough, I completely missed that part, ha ha ha

1 Like

is visual changes from item skill modifiers new? either way the poison grenado looks extremely sick

Awesome!

Fangs of Asterkarn will feature … over 90 monster infrequents

More aether-based MIs please :smiley: especially for melee!

I won’t be the last addition, does anyone know?:disappointed_relieved:

These items look so cool. I’m gonna have to make a lot more storage characters it seems :smiley:

2 Likes

Everything looks amazing that is shown off here. That Dreeg evil grenade looks awesome too.

1 Like

A couple of questions, hoping not too bothersome to answer:

1. Are we to expect all of the (mythical) epic (gear, “mainstream”) items to receive an awakened version at least at some point in the future?
  2. Are there plans to add a mythical version to those epic items that still don’t have one (e.g. Hellion Greaves)?
  3. Would there be a capability to “promote” an item not only as mythical -> awakened, but baseline -> empowered (given one exists) -> mythical as well?
1 Like

It’s not news. Zantai told it was delayed to 2025 in the last misadventure.

I know it’s really not fun for a build to come online at lvl 94, not sure if Zantai understands that but more build defining items earlier would be fantastic to have

9 Likes

They understand that but it’s not possible for every single skill/item/damage type combination. A lot of builds are enabled by MIs that are available at 20-30lv and then transition to legendaries and sets at 94 lv. I don’t think it’s realistic for every meme build to be playable from 1lv to 100lv.
One solution would be to add lv50 versions of Conduits - weak, epic grade - just for the modifiers to enable certain builds at lower level.

2 Likes

I am ready to play with more pets… appreciate the continued support.

1 Like