Grim Misadventure #28: A Complete Set

Hello, grim dawn people! Today’s Grim Misadventure is about…sets! But first, a brief status update: B12 still has critical bugs that must be resolved before we can push a public update. On the bright side, nearly all of our 1-30 Epic items now have their final art. In addition, the itemization update (outlined in this thread) has been finished for the alpha range of items and is ready for public testing. You can expect both of these major changes to be included in the next build.

Item sets in Grim Dawn, in typical ARPG fashion, are collections of items that share a theme (both in attributes and visuals). As a bonus for collecting and equipping multiple pieces of a set, they will provide additional stats based on how many pieces of the set you have equipped. Within the alpha level range, there are three sets available to you: Guardsman’s Raiment, Explorer’s Garments, and Maiven’s Sanctuary. We estimate that the full release will ship with as many as 28 different sets.

A common concern with low level item sets is that by the time you complete them, you have generally out-leveled their benefit to you. While this cannot be completely eliminated without trivializing their drop rates (and thus their power), we intend on alleviating this issue somewhat with our crafting system. Though not all of the ingredients required will be trivial, having the ability to craft missing set pieces should help the collectors out there fill the gaps. Then there is always good old trading. :slight_smile:

Our artist, Grimjim, has been very busy re-forging our epic items with his stylus. Below are some of the updated visuals for our items sets, which you can look forward to in B12!

The Explorer’s Garments set (level 18)

The Guardsman’s Raiment set (level 20)

Maiven’s Sanctuary (level 24, not shown: Maiven’s Lens)

The Bloodreaper Glory set (level 30, not shown: Bloodreaper’s Mark, Bloodreaper’s Claw)

That’s it for today. You can expect our next update on 09/02/13!

Attachment: Bloodreaper.jpg
Attachment: Explorer.jpg
Attachment: Guardsman.jpg
Attachment: Maiven.jpg

congrats to Grimjim, those pieces look utter jaw dropping gorgeous, he is one hell of a talented artist, Grimjim if you read this, congrats! amazing work, utterly amazing:D

Fantastic! As an item collector, can’t wait to get my hands on them!

Will we be able to craft any specific blue/purple, or only some of them? Is it going to work like the TQ Artifacts, using the formula in creation, or is it more like in Diablo 3 where you only need to learn a recipe once ? And when will it get added to the playable alpha?

The art looks great! :stuck_out_tongue:

Sweet looking good, we will just have to wait for b12 to come out.

These set items look like they’re going to really make me lament the small shared stash space! :slight_smile:

YES! been waiting for this :smiley:

Wow, best update so far Zantai! By far my favourite is the Guardsman’s set, especially seeing how I thought the chestpiece art used in alpha was final (wasn’t expecting to see it changed, but it looks so much better!) :smiley:
Cheers for another awesome update,
Younghappy :slight_smile:

I appreciate the detailed art, so that it even looks good in closeups.

this is a really good news !
i love the art of sets, especially the guardman’s looks really cool (unfortunatelly i just found the spaulders so far :cry:)

I cannot wait for B12. I assume it will be announced before roll out. Am I correct?

Yeah, can’t wait for

either :wink:

Looks good, can’t wait for B12 to explore what is new in the alpha.

Being able to craft set pieces is a new concept for me. Can’t wait to try it out!

Thank you so much for considering the aspect of set collecting closer Zantai. I appreciate all the feedback you gave us in the thread I posted about completing sets. I am very, very happy to see that it was actually both considered, and worked on.

By far, one of my favorite updates!

Awesome! The Guardsman’s Raiment set catch my love!
Looking forward for the B12 release.

I just hope the set bonus stats will be well designed :slight_smile:

My Maiven’s Hood is lonely.

Those are some really cool sets. I am really looking forward to finding them ingame (had no luck yet :frowning: )

Yeah, we’re now two weeks from the update on the 16th that said B12 would be rolled out “in a week or two.” Any ETA?