Grim Misadventure #40: Relics of the Past

Welcome back to Grim Misadventures! If you haven’t yet heard, we recently released a Major update to the game: Act II! You can read the announcement here.

Act II is a huge addition, easily doubling the amount of content and introducing many new challenges. Powerful new enemies demand powerful new items, and sometimes that means reaching out to a trusted blacksmith for assistance. We have hinted at these powerful artifacts before, but we are now finally ready to unveil the last item type in Grim Dawn: Relics!

Relics are implements of incredible power and only a few people in the world even know of the process required for their creation. Much of this craft had been lost to the Grim Dawn, scattered in the form of blueprints. It is up to you to tread into the vestiges of humanity’s once mighty empire to recover fragments of this lost knowledge.

As with many of our previous updates, what you see below can change before its final debut

Relics come in three tiers: Empowered, Transcendent and Mythical. Each tier represents a significant rise in power, but so does the challenge in acquiring them. Only the truly worthy heroes will find themselves in possession of the most powerful Mythical Relics.

Empowered Relics will be by far the easiest to craft, requiring mostly mundane materials found readily in the world of Cairn. Several of these will be available to craft immediately upon unlocking the Blacksmith, who you will find to be a valuable ally the journey ahead, but there will be many more blueprints out there for you to discover.

Transcendent Relics are when things start to get complicated. The blueprints for these powerful items can only be found out in the world, and they will require Empowered Relics in their creation. Earning a Transcendent Relic will mark a great achievement indeed.

Mythical Relics are implements of immense power. They are by far the rarest of the ancient artifacts. In fact, their blueprints only drop from bosses. In order to craft a Mythical Relic, you will require many rare materials, as well as several Transcendent Relics. Completing a Mythical Relic is an achievement of legends, and the powers they bestow are equally legendary.

That’s all for today! Check back on 03/17/2014 for our next dev update!

Amazing update, Zantai!

Cannot wait to start the Mythical hunt!

Syn

Wow, that Annihilation relic is crazy good! Really like the concept of farming specific bosses for specific blueprints.

Are the rare ingredients going to be rare materia, or some new items like the Aether crystals we already have? My inventory is now for 1/4rd filled with partially completed materia, going to run out of space soon with all this new content. This game has too much to collect :stuck_out_tongue:

WOW, WOW and what more can I say but WOW!!!

I seriously can’t wait to unlock the blacksmith, (when he gets added) this and MP will add loads to the game, and replay value, very nice update, keep it up.

@Shalie
yeah, we need a bigger stash, we are going to run very quickly out of space when we are going to have to hold good items and crafting mats, maybe the crafting mats could have its own storage panel, or tab, might help a bit

Most impressive.

I agree with matthew when it comes to looking forward to crafting and eventually multiplayer.

Glad to see dual wield options for melee/ranged without needing the specific skill.

Hopefully there will be some sort of relic which summons a badass ally(ies) - since I’m currently playing a Hellhound Occultist build.

But yea… definitely looking forward to when this will be revealed. Screenshot of meteor landing in Devil’s Crossing? Lol.

Awesome update indeed! Wanna mythical artifact with + chaos damage really bad.

I read that only bosses will drop the best blueprints, but not that specific bosses will drop specific blueprints. My guess would be that bosses drop random mythical blueprints, which is what I think you really meant, correct?

Who knows, maybe specific bosses will only drop specific mythical blueprints. I hope not though.

That Annihilation relic is insane! Can’t wait to get my hands on that! Awesome update, as usual, Zantai.

o.O

/tenchar

Really nice ! But the most important question is : WHEN ? :stuck_out_tongue:

Can’t give an ETA on awesome.

So soon, though hopefully not Blizzard’s term of soon which is confusing enough as it is.

Dude, am I the only one looking straight passed that Mythical Relic of Meteorical Awesomeness at the Gunslinger’s Talisman?! That bad boy may only be made up of mundane materials, but IT NOT ONLY GRANTS DW PISTOLS BUT ALSO A DW PISTOLS SKILL AS WELL!!!1!!! Zantai and indeed the whole Crate team, thank you guys - you guys rock, no other way about it! :smiley: Look forward to seeing these in action when the next content update rolls out!
Cheers,
Younghappy :slight_smile:

Ok now that I am able to close my mouth again I can reply with something more than my previous reply of ‘o.O’.

Firstly, dual wield pistols is here at last, maybe my current build will have to be changed …

Secondly, I noticed that there is a completion bonus attached to these so does that mean we have to choose between these and our current components or are we allowed both?

or valve time soon

basically, soon TM

so we might see this sooner then the arcanist, (which might be on Blizzard type of soon :stuck_out_tongue: ) Or MP but even then not sure on how soon that will be, (maybe valve soon?)

so its possible its going to be with us first or last, or somewhere in the middle :undecided:

Relly impressive and promising ! i hope we can begin the hunt in B18, especially this long waited dual-pistols skill !

Very interesting things will come in the future. Good job guys. Those relics look indeed legendary. Thanx for the update.

Excellent news. Meteor - just brilliant !

Bring forth the Blacksmith, he’s got work to do!:smiley:

How many reagents are we talking about? Up to 6?

I think when GD gets released, lots of plp (who haven’t so far heard of GD) will be pleasantly & shockingly surprised by the awesomeness this game delivers.

Good luck Crate in all your future endeavors, and I hope GD will reap many rewards, it truly deserves them.

(and for you to make profit, ofcourse)

Excellent news.just awesome!!!