Grim Misadventure #40: Relics of the Past

I want the Annihilator right now! So cool! Can’t wait!!

This looks amazing

Sent from my LG-AS730 using Tapatalk

Oh boy oh boy oh boy! That much closer to my Roland Deschain of Gilead type character!
:smiley:

nice!! Can’t wait for these to be released!

2 questions :slight_smile:

1. Will these relics have variable stats within the base stats they are given? As in once you create it, say you had another, could you roll one that possibly gives more stats / damage, whatever it may be. Not speaking of the completion bonus here ^^;

2. Will higher level monsters get a buff when these release? Without them and I can steam roll lv 40mobs easily except a few who are very tankish, with these added will obviously allow a player to be more powerful and I think tougher lv monsters should get a buff lol. Just want to keep a good challenge :slight_smile:

Keep in mind we are playing on the Normal (IE: Easy mode)… the full game will have at least one more difficulty past this one (probably 2) that we can play for more challenges and better rewards :slight_smile:

I was wondering about the completion bonuses, how will those be decided on the ones that it isn’t Set (like the Mythical relic) Will it be pulled from one of the materials that go into making it or be a total reroll of possible bonuses?

yeah thats always true ^^ it IS normal mode after all haha.

Wow, great stuff here. Love the idea’s and can’t wait to start building a mythical.

Apparently this “trusted blacksmith” be selling stuff on the black market :furious:
Guess this is the buggy fourth tier then :confused:

http://s28.postimg.org/b2rtm17h9/Talisman.png

Do you get that Relic from the Elder quest?

LOL I honestly don’t remember where I got it, if it was from the Elder Rover quest then my bad, its not such a big deal then. Just thought it was weird that the DEVs announce this new item type when I already have it. :undecided:

Epic!

DO WANT Annihalation for my Commando… looking sick!

First I couldn’t wait for Act 2, and now I can’t wait for the inclusion of relics… what are you doing to me Crate? :rolleyes:

Yea… you kept the talisman for yourself in that quest.

It’s quite useful for energy heavy casters though keeping the relic means getting only experience and some iron instead of experience/iron/Rover Faction points which may or may not unlock something later.

OMG ! w

That’s amazing Zantai !

DW pistols confirmed.

Other than that these look pretty epic. Sadly most of the skills shown here are dreaded procs. But then again, we have Annihilation. Looking forward to it.

There is something for everybody, including granted skills.

Is an analogue of Bladesworn Talisman for 2-handed melee weapon?

What do you mean by this?

We don’t know if 2 handed melee weapons will need a skill to use them or not.

Otherwise Bladesworn Talisman’s is obviously dual wield intended.

Man that is awesome! With the inclusion of relics such as these will there be perhaps a bit more historical background text tied to them? Maybe moreso for the Mythical Relics to give a more in-depth explanation as to why they are so mythical or legendary?

I really enjoy all the lore you guys have invested into the world of Cairn so far and am always eager to learn more - especially through obtaining such powerful relics :smiley:

Also, the names of the relics IMO seem more like ‘skill’ names rather than relic names…(eg; Corruption, Annihilation?) Maybe its just me but I think of relics as being objects with specific names such as the Canopic Jar of Sethos, Arion’s Hiltstone, Amarasta’s Scabbard or something along those lines if you get what I mean?

Anyway just some thoughts :wink: but I am so excited about this make no mistake!

Thanks

The overall concept sounds amazing, the only thing I am slightly on edge about is possible balance issues with allowing the relics to give key skills. I’m mainly speaking of the relic that states it allows you to dual wield. It may add an entirely new level of complexity to the game and allow for many different builds past dual classing, but at the same time I fear it also could allow certain classes to become insanely powerful and dumb down other classes. For instance, giving a Witchblade the ability to dual wield, they will be tanky as hell, AND they can max Witch Fire and Second Rite?

GG?

Just my opinion =), I suppose if done carefully then balance could be maintained - but giving other classes key skills like dual wield allows them to gain a second weapon and grab stat affixes on the 2nd weapon shields may not gain, as well as giving them the chance to stack powerful on hit skills, dual wield, cast spells ect.

That relic only gives the dual wield ability. Nightblade’s Dual Blades skill also gives bonus pierce damage and pierce %. Plus all the other procs that a Witchblade won’t have. Plus the passives of Bladesworn Talisman is more useful to a Blademaster with Belgothian’s Shears (physical damage) and Soldier skills that also have a lot of physical damage.

So although Bladesworn Talisman could be useful for a Witchblade, that doesn’t mean a Witchblade using this relic would necessarily outshine a Blademaster (lots of physical damage capabilities) or Witchhunter (tons of attack speed / debuffs).

Also Chaos is boosted by Spirit, not Cunning.