Grim Misadventure #44: Two-Handed Combat in Style

Hello, and welcome back! Today’s Grim update is about those sweet two-handed melee weapons you’ve been hearing about. In case you missed our recent development update with the release of Build 18, you will be pleased to hear that these weapons will be formally added to the game with the release of our upcoming build.

Two-Handed melee weapons provide a reckless alternative to those fighters who forego a shield. Opting instead for brute force and overwhelming strength, two-handed swords, axes and maces bring an effective new style of play to Grim Dawn that rewards your risk-taking with big numbers and very dead bad guys.

Despite their brutal nature, these weapons have their stories to tell and an assortment of epic items to add to your collection. It is up to you to recover these lost objects of power and to wield them against the enemies of humanity.

*** Note that these stats may change before their final debut as we continue to balance and tweak two-handed melee weapons***

Slithbane

Boneshard Lacerator

Warhammer of Heavenly Judgment

Will you recover these devastating tools of war from the wreckage of Cairn? Or are they doomed to be lost in the annals of history?

Come back on 05/12/2014 for our next development update!

Attachment: Boneshard Lacerator.jpg
Attachment: Slithbane.jpg
Attachment: Warhammer of Heavenly Judgment.jpg

Sweet! :stuck_out_tongue:

They look great, thanks for the update :slight_smile:

that warhammer looks sick!!

Very nice update :slight_smile:

Awezome, keep it up :smiley:

I see two-Handed melee weapons are looking to be all physique. Will there be a skill similar to Veterancy which lowers physique requirements for armor but for weapons lowering physique requirements for two handers?

basically :

love 'em, can’t wait !

thank you for the update !

Please tell me that an actual flaming ray will come down from the heavens and strike our enemies?

But of course.

Physique makes sense, you need strength to wield such large weapons effectively. And the (presumably) higher base damage than one handed weapons makes up for your lower cunning.

The item stats font and colors look different, is a redesign coming with B19? These look much cleaner!

Hell yeah!

The damage looks great. The problem is when you go all physique all that damage doesn’t help when you can’t hit anything with little to no cunning. With Veterancy at least you can lower some physique requirements for armor. Hopefully the physique requirements are balanced enough for two handers to allow some cunning.

Very cool. Looking forward to finding a big-ass two-handed double-bladed axe in the future. :smiley:

1 point in cunning is only a 0,5 increase in offensive ability. It’s easier to look for a few items with a big OA boost. I have a melee Nightblade that put all points into Spirit & Physique, reached ~700 OA and have no problems hitting things.

I’m not saying to put everything into Physique, just enough to wield the weapons. But that should be more than the physique requirement for a one handed axe of the same level.

Just awesome… Kudos!

I like Brother Bernard’s simple tastes.:slight_smile:

I can see it now…

“Grim Dawn just went up a notch”
(fake gamesite gives Grim Dawn 9.3/10)

“so much character build potential… so much replay-ability”
(fake gamesite gives Grim Dawn 4.5/5)

Looks awsome the warhammer. I do wonder how it will effect gameplay against dual wield builds with +attack speed. And instead of 1h + shield you’ll be less protected but more dmg which ofcourse makes sense.

I mean this in the best way possible, you guys could be the new blizzard north
(development philosophies, values and quality)

Excellent news ! Many thanks !