Grim Misadventure #69: Nemesis

Cant wait to rift one of these back to town! :smiley:

Can see a new thread starting on here once B25 is live, along the lines of ”How fast did you p*** off a faction to get their Nemesis to attack you“

Wow this is awesome!

Awesome! I look forward to running into these beasts.

Just keeps getting better.

Sweet. Can we expect a Toxeus the Murderer?

That fucker toxeus is the biggest douche in the titan quest universe.

I think Dikkiedik summed up the thread nicely with his image on the first page…

I would love it if the Aetherials ripped open some interdimensional vortex and pulled out Toxeus from an undisclosed land.

Sweet! :smiley:

Might be too hard to implement, but actually, I would love for those nemesis to literally hunt you down across the map: as soon as a game is launched, if any nemesis are created, they automatically start moving towards the player character. Granted, AI and pathfinding could be an issue (and mobs can’t enter caves or other places). But if one of those things is haunting Burrwitch, for instance, I would love for it to chase us as soon as we get too close to the city. Only option would be to open a portal and go on the other side of the map and rethink a strategy (or, if we are not brave, exit the game!).

Too good for be true, thanks Crate :).

Awesome! But I’ll ask here too. Will there be a way to increase negative rep gain?

The Nemesis system sounds awesome, cool update once again Crate! :smiley:

Hmm, so what happens if I pox the night blade guy… INSANE notion, I know!

Will all nemesis use the same chest, or with they be unique to the faction? :cool:

THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!:rolleyes:

I love how there is a back story for the nemesis spawns mentioned here. It would be great if the back story of each nemesis spawn would be mentioned in a lore drop from each faction.

YAY! for nemesis spawns! I can’t wait to try to off these guys

Sounds awesome, I can’t wait :slight_smile:

I too thought about having them chase you across the map. Maybe instead of actually plotting a course as you move out of sight they just calculate the time it would take for them to catch up over that distance and then they appear again.

Will Nemesis chests good drops be one-shots? Or will you be guaranteed an Epic every time (which would probably mean Nemesis spawns won’t be very often)

As I understand it, the Nemesis chest spawns with the Nemesis monster and will always drop an Epic, so it will probably function like the chest beyond Alkamos (which always drops an Epic) except it will have heightened Legendary drop-chance as well.

Edit: Would anyone in Crate want to comment on whether Nemesis spawns are related to the “Eight in a Million” Achievement? I really hope they’re not and that that achievement is connected to something else, but it seems probable right now…
Edit2: Although, then again, I can only theorize 6 enemy factions, given what we know so far…
Edit3: I notice you removed the Achievement hints from Steam (unless they never existed, but I feel like some hints had at one time). :wink: Probably a good call…

Guys, this looks so freaking badass! The innovations you’ve been bringing out have been top notch. I can’t wait to give this a try :smiley: